November 14, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Coleman: No need for negativity  (Read 1064 times)

July 29, 2018, 03:58:05 PM
Read 1064 times

Everton News

Coleman: No need for negativity

Everton full-back Seamus Coleman says that it's important not to get carried away with negativity over results in pre-season as Marco Silva gets to know his players.

Source: Coleman: No need for negativity

July 29, 2018, 04:01:38 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Nothing to do with results. The performances are so infinitely more worrying

July 29, 2018, 04:16:04 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He mentions the play as well though and he's right

July 29, 2018, 04:18:01 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

He mentions the play as well though and he's right

I’m not massively panicked at present but there’s little sign it’s actually getting better or we’ll be ready for the wolves game. If we get tanked by wolves everyone’s head will fall off. You’ve just got to home we have 3 or 4 good signings in the pipeline as an absolute minimum

July 29, 2018, 05:25:16 PM
Reply #4

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus. I haven't been following pre-season much but for players to be coming out with this kind of defensive stuff already isn't ideal.

Surely fans aren't freaking out given all our years as fans has taught us that pre-season performances mean absolutely fuck all.

It's a sad world if the manager and players are already feeling fan pressure over what's gone on in pre-season.

July 29, 2018, 05:47:52 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus. I haven't been following pre-season much but for players to be coming out with this kind of defensive stuff already isn't ideal.

Surely fans aren't freaking out given all our years as fans has taught us that pre-season performances mean absolutely fuck all.

It's a sad world if the manager and players are already feeling fan pressure over what's gone on in pre-season.

We all know it means fuck all.

However, you can’t ignore a 3-0 defeat to Blackburn followed by a 4-1 defeat to Rennes.

I do hope thy silva, his staff and the players don’t have this pre season means fuck all we’ll be ok attitude.

July 29, 2018, 06:23:46 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We all know it means fuck all.

However, you can’t ignore a 3-0 defeat to Blackburn followed by a 4-1 defeat to Rennes.

I do hope thy silva, his staff and the players don’t have this pre season means fuck all we’ll be ok attitude.

Going by what Coleman said then they don’t.

July 29, 2018, 06:45:55 PM
Reply #7

bluestevie

Seen plenty of freak outs on social media and other forums since Thursday, some only willing to give Silva 2-3 games tops, some jokingly or not wanting BFS brought back in January, bullshit rumours that the CEO is quitting. It's seriously toxic, this is the only place I've been on that's showing level headiness
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

July 29, 2018, 07:56:21 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The greatest lessons are learned in failure. Let's hope we're learning fast.

I've already prepared myself for a long season, but as long as improvements are being made, then we'll be fine.

But we do need a new middle asap.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 29, 2018, 09:18:11 PM
Reply #9

gizzblue

Seen plenty of freak outs on social media and other forums since Thursday, some only willing to give Silva 2-3 games tops, some jokingly or not wanting BFS brought back in January, bullshit rumours that the CEO is quitting. It's seriously toxic, this is the only place I've been on that's showing level headiness

Level headness  lolol lolol really on here? ....there seems to be more and more woe is me every time I click on here at the minute ...just have a look round it's fun to read our season is over already because of a few pre season warm up games .... it's like most of the posters are listening to sky pundits and lapping up our failure as they like to do on there .
Born not made a blue .

July 29, 2018, 09:36:52 PM
Reply #10

Mac934

I don't get the ' it means fuck all' talk. Surely going into the first game after a run of defeats will hit confidence rather than a run of wins regardless of pre season friendly or not.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

July 29, 2018, 10:04:31 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get the ' it means fuck all' talk. Surely going into the first game after a run of defeats will hit confidence rather than a run of wins regardless of pre season friendly or not.

Obviously itd be good to win some games if only to avoid all the “debate” of the last few weeks.

But the point is that these games aren’t for points and particularly this year aren’t likely to be smooth as we’ve got a new coach following on from a poor season.

There’s no problem with people saying this or that (or both ;) ) wasn’t good but the hysteria of some is only counter productive.

A season is exactly that. There is scope to improve throughout it and again, especially this season I assumed that it was fairly widely accepted that the most important thing was that by the end of it we’re in position to move towards where we want to be.

At the moment there seems to be wide panic that we’re not immediately better than we were last year and that is ridiculous.

July 29, 2018, 10:55:44 PM
Reply #12

Mac934

Obviously itd be good to win some games if only to avoid all the “debate” of the last few weeks.

But the point is that these games aren’t for points and particularly this year aren’t likely to be smooth as we’ve got a new coach following on from a poor season.

There’s no problem with people saying this or that (or both ;) ) wasn’t good but the hysteria of some is only counter productive.

A season is exactly that. There is scope to improve throughout it and again, especially this season I assumed that it was fairly widely accepted that the most important thing was that by the end of it we’re in position to move towards where we want to be.

At the moment there seems to be wide panic that we’re not immediately better than we were last year and that is ridiculous.
I wouldn't expect an immediate massive improvement, after all we have made one signing. But, nothing seems any different to me. We are miles behind the so called top six. And right in the mix of the 'rest' so a bad start will have us playing catch up yet again. The names bandied about are impressive agreed, but not one of them is jumping at the chance to come to us. Therefore, at the end of the window are we left as the bridesmaids again, picking up what's left on offer? I'm not one of the relegation fodder brigade by any means, but we need to improve, which I'm sure we will, eventually.  :thumbsup:
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

July 29, 2018, 11:00:56 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't expect an immediate massive improvement, after all we have made one signing. But, nothing seems any different to me. We are miles behind the so called top six. And right in the mix of the 'rest' so a bad start will have us playing catch up yet again. The names bandied about are impressive agreed, but not one of them is jumping at the chance to come to us. Therefore, at the end of the window are we left as the bridesmaids again, picking up what's left on offer? I'm not one of the relegation fodder brigade by any means, but we need to improve, which I'm sure we will, eventually.  :thumbsup:

Well the Porto game was encouraging.

Agree the last two have been poor.

But yeah, I don’t think closing in on the top 6 is realistic, certainly not past where we were at the end of 16/17.

Also you can’t expect a linear season where we’re 7th all the way through.

We’ve had no direction for 4 years now, so this year is about point us in the right way.

July 29, 2018, 11:08:55 PM
Reply #14

blue slug

Well the Porto game was encouraging.

Agree the last two have been poor.

But yeah, I don’t think closing in on the top 6 is realistic, certainly not past where we were at the end of 16/17.

Also you can’t expect a linear season where we’re 7th all the way through.

We’ve had no direction for 4 years now, so this year is about point us in the right way.

Yeah patience is definitely required but a lot of our fans don’t fall into that category, we seem to have gradually declined over the past three years and the added money available only adds to the frustration