December 12, 2018, 02:58:22 AM

Author Topic: Rodwell  (Read 2856 times)

August 01, 2018, 05:18:41 PM
Read 2856 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Back training at the club
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 01, 2018, 05:20:07 PM
Reply #1

plumber

Like a new signing.

August 01, 2018, 05:20:24 PM
Reply #2

Glory

Finally a centre half who has pace and is decent on the ball!

August 01, 2018, 05:22:00 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

The inevitable shouts will come...

August 01, 2018, 05:22:12 PM
Reply #4

themilkycoffees

I know it's only for fitness, and it's with the U23s but why? He wanted to move on to bigger and better things. Not sure why we should have him back at the club in any capacity just because he can't find a club who will pay him to be injured.

August 01, 2018, 05:22:23 PM
Reply #5

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if he's training with the intention of becoming a footballer again?

August 01, 2018, 05:23:14 PM
Reply #6

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I know it's only for fitness, and it's with the U23s but why? He wanted to move on to bigger and better things. Not sure why we should have him back at the club in any capacity just because he can't find a club who will pay him to be injured.

We moved him on for the money as much as anything and what a deal we got for him.

August 01, 2018, 05:24:01 PM
Reply #7

Trublue

His trial at Watford, didn't work out then? Maybe training close to home can, help him find his love for football? Hope her gets back maybe finds a decent Championship club.

That goal against United was a long time ago. Shame how this sometimes happens to players with potential. It was a huge mistake going to City. 

August 01, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
Reply #8

themilkycoffees

We moved him on for the money as much as anything and what a deal we got for him.

If I recall correctly, we didn't want to sell him but he wanted to go. Might be wrong but as you say, we got the better end of the deal regardless.

August 01, 2018, 05:34:20 PM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

His trial at Watford, didn't work out then? Maybe training close to home can, help him find his love for football? Hope her gets back maybe finds a decent Championship club.

That goal against United was a long time ago. Shame how this sometimes happens to players with potential. It was a huge mistake going to City. 
...................worth seeing this again , 3 good goals ,Bily ,Gosling and Rodwell . I remember that day well ,everyone filing out of Goodison wreathed in smiles.

We are special ,we are Everton.

August 01, 2018, 05:38:25 PM
Reply #10

BlueBeagle

Hope he's paying for the privilege.

August 01, 2018, 05:42:58 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Unfortunate, watching that Man U goal. Completely mismanaged. He thought he was just a sitting midfielder but he had two good feet and a great stature. Never agreed with the Rio shouts, thought he should have been aiming to be a box to box midfielder, opening up those long legs and striding forward. Shame he was a bit soft in the head though. 

August 01, 2018, 05:57:58 PM
Reply #12

Thornton_19

...................worth seeing this again , 3 good goals ,Bily ,Gosling and Rodwell . I remember that day well ,everyone filing out of Goodison wreathed in smiles.

That Bilyaletinov goal is outrageous isnt it.

August 01, 2018, 05:58:28 PM
Reply #13

MmmblueBernard

Too scared of getting injuries to be an effective centre half.

There is a class player in there though. Just massively lacking in application. And bollocks.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 01, 2018, 05:59:26 PM
Reply #14

Hesmenos

I see nothing wrong with this. We pride ourselves on our club being like a family and Rodwell is one of us. He was at the club for 14 years played almost 100 games and made us some very decent money when he left.
Its nice for us to help him at his time of need and I beleive it will be appreciated by other players.
Just to add that I'm not saying we should sign him, just let him use our facilities to get back in shape.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:01:03 PM by Hesmenos »