December 14, 2018, 02:08:18 AM

Author Topic: Danny Drinkwater  (Read 1715 times)

August 01, 2018, 05:49:44 AM
Read 1715 times

Ravardo

Someone been reading my random thought

Ruben-Loftus Cheek is a name that has regularly sprung up over the summer and certainly seems to have the support of Evertonians, on social media at least.

But thatís not the Chelsea midfielder currently being linked with a late move to Goodison Park.

Sean Lunt
@Sean_Lunt
 A loan move for Danny Drinkwater feels move Steve Walsh than Marcel Brands.

9:20 PM - Jul 31, 2018
See Sean Lunt's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy
According to the Daily Mirror Everton are interested in Danny Drinkwater, who is being made available for loan.

Drinkwater joined Chelsea on deadline day last summer but struggled for first-team football at Stamford Bridge, making just 12 starts in all competitions.

The Liverpool Echo claimed earlier on Tuesday that Everton are looking to add a midfielder to the squad before the deadline. But while Drinkwater would provide competition for someone like Morgan Schneiderlin, heís not the sort of dynamic box-to-box midfielder the squad desperately needs.

Iím guessing this is just yet another name to add to the list ahead of next Thursday.
From the royal blue mersey

August 01, 2018, 02:02:16 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Danny Drinkwater CAN spread a pass. He can go left to right which is what silva wants anyway.

So can Schneiderlin though like, why doesnít he just fuckin perform the big lanky twat
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 01, 2018, 02:38:24 PM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
In that echo article where they say he's not the box to box midfielder the squad desperately needs, I kind of think that's not what we are missing

Gana is box to box, we need someone who can pick a pass and move the ball quickly and intelligently. We've got pace on both flanks in Richarlison and Walcott and a big centre forward in Cenk. Personally I think Drinkwater would be a good fit
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 01, 2018, 02:54:10 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Danny Drinkwater CAN spread a pass. He can go left to right which is what silva wants anyway.

So can Schneiderlin though like, why doesn’t he just fuckin perform the big lanky twat

Drinkwater can tackle so on that basis he's an upgrade on Schneiderlin and in the position they play stopping the opposition walking through the middle of the pitch and exposing Keane and Jags is a must.

August 01, 2018, 03:01:02 PM
Reply #4

goodtouchforabigman

Drinkwater can tackle so on that basis he's an upgrade on Schneiderlin and in the position they play stopping the opposition walking through the middle of the pitch and exposing Keane and Jags is a must.
Agree mate, if we get Drinkwater then I think it's  fuck off time for Schneiderlin.

August 01, 2018, 03:04:30 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the drinkwater talk come from?
Simply simply lovely

August 01, 2018, 03:06:44 PM
Reply #6

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the drinkwater talk come from?

According to The Mirror, Everton are interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who will be made available for loan before this month's transfer deadline.

The Toffees are set to confirm Barcelona left back Lucas Digne as their second summer signing, with the Frenchman poised to follow Brazilian winger Richarlison to Goodison Park.

Marcel Brands and Marco Silva need to work hard to bring in more new signings before the transfer deadline later this month, and a new midfielder to partner Idrissa Gueye has to be a priority.

The Mirror now report that Everton want to bring in Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater, with the Blues set to make him available for loan in the coming days.

Drinkwater, 28, won the Premier League title with Leicester City and became an England international before earning a big-money move to Chelsea last summer.

The former Manchester United midfielder struggled for playing time endured a dismal season in West London, starting just five Premier League games as he endured injury problems.

21st July 2018, The WACA, Perth, Australia; Chelsea pre season tour of Australia, open training session; Danny Drinkwater of Chelsea watches on during training

Now, with Chelsea bringing in Jorginho from Napoli alongside new boss Maurizio Sarri, Drinkwater is set to become available, and Everton seemingly want him to play alongside Gueye.

The Manchester-born ace may fancy a return to the North of England, and regular playing time should be hugely appealing as he looks to get his career Ė and his England hopes Ė back on track, ironically with the club who just sacked director of football Steve Walsh, the man who brought him to Leicester for £750,000, as Walsh claimed in The Sun.

August 01, 2018, 03:07:05 PM
Reply #7

Cozzie

Danny fucking Drinkwater, for absolute fuck sake.

Thank god this window shuts on the 9th.

August 01, 2018, 03:08:33 PM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Be happy with Drinkwater.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 01, 2018, 03:16:33 PM
Reply #9

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Drinkwater is great for spotting a break and picking out a pass and can also tackle and has a fairly decent engine. He was one of the main reasons Leicester won the league, with obviously Kante breaking things up and Mahrez and Vardy finishing on the break. But a LOT of their goals went through Drinkwaters quick thinking and ability on the ball. He's a bit like a more mobile Sig, so I can see him playing alongside Sig with one of Gana or Schneids behind them in a quite tight central 3. Hes not a marquee signing, but he would improve us for not much money - which would mean more money to spend on our elusive centre back(s).

Yes from me.

August 01, 2018, 03:18:44 PM
Reply #10

plowman2

Danny fucking Drinkwater, for absolute fuck sake.

Thank god this window shuts on the 9th.
But he's a Manchester born ace!!
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

August 01, 2018, 03:24:06 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Schneiderlins defensive output used to be one of the best in the league.

I fucking hate that man you know why is he doing this.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 01, 2018, 03:53:38 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

He'd probably work well with Gana and that's not just a lazy comparison from his partnership with Kante. He's got a better range of passing than he gets credit for and his constant early balls down the channels were one of the reasons they won the league. If we've got pace now across the front why not utilise it. Get him in on loan for a season and take what we can for Schneiderlin.

August 01, 2018, 04:27:10 PM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Drink water would be a sound signing really.

On loan like

August 02, 2018, 12:26:27 AM
Reply #14

SANA_DR0

Be happy with Drinkwater.

Be happy drink water.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....