November 21, 2018, 03:47:40 AM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2018/19  (Read 36038 times)

TheRam, Toffee1 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 15, 2018, 07:48:32 PM
Reply #600

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Tottenham look really poor this year

Their recruitment policies mixed with their stadium issues might finally be catching up with them.

They were good versus Man Utd, but then again Man Utd were/are struggling too.

That said, Liverpool clearly in great form so it’s hard to judge teams against them right now. As it was to judge Arsenal when they played Man City then Chelsea away.

A struggling Spurs would be good for us (potentially) if we can get our shit together.

September 15, 2018, 07:50:48 PM
Reply #601

Ramjam

Should have been 3
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 15, 2018, 07:51:17 PM
Reply #602

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Should’ve been 3. Spurs look so sluggish.

September 15, 2018, 07:51:23 PM
Reply #603

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just knackered and got no new players to freshen the team up. Battered Man U a couple of weeks back.

Liverpool are just a very good team, much as it pains me to say it.

Did say they'd be a big danger for the league this season, and people scoffed at it.

Still think city will run away with it again and Chelsea will put in a challenge as good as Liverpool.

Season hasn’t even kicked in yet.

September 15, 2018, 07:52:14 PM
Reply #604

Shogun

Administrator
Bet Spurs get a point from this.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 15, 2018, 07:53:03 PM
Reply #605

Bluedylan

Still think city will run away with it again and Chelsea will put in a challenge as good as Liverpool.

Hope so mate, but Liverpool's defence is immeasurably better than it was (probably best in the league now), and their front 3 aren't even in decent form yet, and they've won every game, including Palace and Spurs away.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 15, 2018, 07:53:11 PM
Reply #606

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not a chance Spurs getting anything from this. If spurs do push forward they’re going to concede more.

September 15, 2018, 07:57:40 PM
Reply #607

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs are shit aren’t they so far. United are shit too so no amazement at them winning there.

Can’t cope with the shite winning the league
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 15, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
Reply #608

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It’s going to depend on whether they’ve got the ability to keep this level up over a season. I think they’ll likely stay top until they play Man City and I’d not be surprised to see them beat Man City at home (think they play them at home first).

I’d personally be surprised if Liverpool and Man City weren’t 3 or 4 points apart come New Years.

September 15, 2018, 08:06:57 PM
Reply #609

TheTone

Went for them in the prediction league but still clinging on to their annual bottling job, would make it even sweeter if they race into an 8 point lead by xmas and then blow up when the fans and media think it's won

September 15, 2018, 08:10:58 PM
Reply #610

Cozzie

Permission to panic yet?

September 15, 2018, 08:17:26 PM
Reply #611

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool doing to Spurs what Spurs did to Man Utd.

Spurs looking completely second rate at “home”.

Spurs have some fairly easy games coming up so I’d imagine they’ll trundle on ok...but it’ll be interesting to see them over the season.

They’re likely going to be in a fight for CL spots. If they drop out, could be bye bye Pochettino and Kane.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:20:28 PM by blueToffee »

September 15, 2018, 08:17:30 PM
Reply #612

Shogun

Administrator
Permission to panic yet?

Guardiola won his first five games at City and ended up a distant fourth, way too early.

They were always going to finish in the top 2 this season for most football fans.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:18:32 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 15, 2018, 08:19:09 PM
Reply #613

Bluedylan

Guardiola won his first five game as City and ended up a distant fourth, way too early.

Yeah but Klopp's been here for a few years now, knows the league inside out and has addressed all of Liverpool's obvious flaws. Not a valid comparison imo. Not even got Salah going yet, or used Fabinho at all.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 15, 2018, 08:19:11 PM
Reply #614

Ramjam

Look at the antics of that prick on the touch line
WE ARE THE PEOPLE