October 23, 2018, 04:49:08 PM

Author Topic: Williams, Mirallas, Vlasic and Martina Banished  (Read 7213 times)

August 02, 2018, 06:11:08 PM
Reply #105

Gash

Global Moderator
Perfectly alright with this. I don't think they've been "banished" as such but there's probably a little more to it than just being moved out the way as they aren't in the managers plans. It's another reason to have a smaller squad, it's less people to try and keep happy. I don't think we've "advertised" it either, one way or another something like this doesn't stay quiet, whether it's the club, the players or their agents this kind of thing doesn't stay in house for long.

I'm not worried about any of them, Williams was a bit of a liability, Cuco was just poor, Mirallas should have been fucked off long ago and I've not seen anything in Vlasic to suggest he was going to be anything more than a squad player but of them all he's the slightly surprising one.

August 02, 2018, 06:14:10 PM
Reply #106

SANA_DR0

Yannick and Morgan should be added to the list, Hope Vlasic gets a loan, really dont want him to be given the boot.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 02, 2018, 06:15:39 PM
Reply #107

Bluedylan

So are we saying it's all @Shogun 's fault for putting the word 'banished' in the title?

Right flapper, that lad.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 02, 2018, 06:16:30 PM
Reply #108

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just goes in the "not very good" pile for me.

Take the Wales tinted glasses off and you may see it differently.

Canít be getting yourself sent off on purpose when youíre supposed to be one of the Ďleadersí in the group.

August 02, 2018, 06:16:37 PM
Reply #109

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well it sounds like Williams has been banished to Stoke lol
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 02, 2018, 06:19:59 PM
Reply #110

Shogun

Administrator
So are we saying it's all @Shogun 's fault for putting the word 'banished' in the title?

Right flapper, that lad.

Hoping these sensationalist headlines will get me a job in journalism
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 02, 2018, 06:25:10 PM
Reply #111

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone single one of them is not a loss to the squad aside from Vlasic who is never going to massively change the first eleven if he came in.

August 02, 2018, 06:27:06 PM
Reply #112

Jamokachi

Canít be getting yourself sent off on purpose when youíre supposed to be one of the Ďleadersí in the group.

Missed this tbh.

August 02, 2018, 06:28:32 PM
Reply #113

Paddockoldie

I'd rather Stoke buy him than a loan because once they realise he's shit they'll give him back, as Olympiacos did with Mirallas

August 02, 2018, 06:31:12 PM
Reply #114

Macca77

I'd rather Stoke buy him than a loan because once they realise he's shit they'll give him back, as Olympiacos did with Mirallas

He's on the last year of his contract, he won't be back.

August 02, 2018, 06:31:40 PM
Reply #115

themilkycoffees

Everyone single one of them is not a loss to the squad aside from Vlasic who is never going to massively change the first eleven if he came in.

He's 20 and a work in progress. He offers something different than what we've got. He can dribble with the ball and is a pretty decent finisher on evidence so far. I feel like he could definitely bring something to the eleven.

August 02, 2018, 06:39:58 PM
Reply #116

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Mate, hes bang on average. If he played for Stoke or Brighton you would say he was shite. Beacuse he is a Blue and we paid a fair whack you WANT him to be good. There may be a bit of potential there, but Ive seen enough of him to not really be that arsed. If it means keeping Lookman who has shown more potential in 10% of his time than Vlasic then fair enough, but I wont lose much sleep if Vlasic disappears into the ether with Williams.

August 02, 2018, 06:40:03 PM
Reply #117

sam of the south

Thatís very good to be fair, Iíve never looked into him at that level.

Microscopic data size like, but fair play to him.

I donít really think heís a winger and although heís got a few bits I like - comes out of an unusual amount of 50/50s with the ball, press resistant and good physically, get the impression heís a good finisher too...

I just donít know where he plays or at what level. Loan would be great.

I think this sums it up.

Heís definitely not a winger.

I always thought the only decent thing Koeman said was that Vlasic looked good as an attacking central midfielder.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 02, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
Reply #118

sam of the south

Mate, hes bang on average. If he played for Stoke or Brighton you would say he was shite. Beacuse he is a Blue and we paid a fair whack you WANT him to be good. There may be a bit of potential there, but Ive seen enough of him to not really be that arsed. If it means keeping Lookman who has shown more potential in 10% of his time than Vlasic then fair enough, but I wont lose much sleep if Vlasic disappears into the ether with Williams.

Highly unlikely that the major factor behind Lookmanís likely departure was Vlasic being here 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 02, 2018, 06:42:42 PM
Reply #119

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's 20 and a work in progress. He offers something different than what we've got. He can dribble with the ball and is a pretty decent finisher on evidence so far. I feel like he could definitely bring something to the eleven.

Nah he's not shown very much in his admittedly limited appearances aside from being decent at keeping the ball. Not against keeping him at that age but we have a lot of young players so it's not a terrible thing.