October 24, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

Author Topic: Season predictions for us  (Read 3707 times)

August 13, 2018, 04:01:30 AM
Reply #150

Mouse

Chelsea are a quality side and we are quite a way below them. They have a midfield of Kante Willian and Hazard, all of which would walk into our team, and pretty much any other team. Arsenal are our nearest rivals for 6th - it just depends on how well Emery can get them playing after Wenger.
Agreed but also keep an eye on Spurs. They have a very strong team but no new blood and 9 players involved in the WC semi-finals. That could turn into a lot of tired players come January. Maybe wishful thinking but fingers-crossed, still see 7th as realistic and 6th a very outside chance.

August 13, 2018, 04:29:01 AM
Reply #151

UnsyisaRhino

Top 8 is a realistic finish, with top 6 as the target. If things click we could do it...but there I'd be happy with 7th/8th

August 13, 2018, 05:50:38 AM
Reply #152

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Let’s aim for the title. One game at a time.

Even if it is unrealistic, at the start of every season I believe we can win the title.

Otherwise, what’s the point?

Realistically I except 6th or 7th.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 06:04:06 AM
Reply #153

Toffee_4_Life

Should be aiming for seventh.

Realistically would any of our players get into any of the top 6 sides? Maybe Pickford and Colman at a stretch. Richarlison on the back of that wolves game?

We can’t judge any of the new guys yet even if we do have high hopes.

Thinking we’ll crack the top 6 is the long term aim but saying we ‘should’ be there this season is a pipe dream on the back of one decent performance and the good mood of an excellent transfer deadline day.

August 13, 2018, 09:47:46 AM
Reply #154

Jamokachi

Have you been on the ale @eugene ? :)

August 13, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
Reply #155

74Blue

If we can continue in the same vein as we did at the weekend, we'll win far more games than we'll lose.
Last season, that game would have ended in a defeat. Let's just take the point, learn from the 2 goals conceded in that game and move on to the next one.
I believe that we will nick a couple of wins against the top six this season, and once we have our new signings bedded in and up to speed, who knows where we can go.
Patience is key though. If we see the performances on the pitch, the crowd are far more likely to cut Silva a lot more slack. He needs time to finish the rebuilding job that he and Brands have started so well, and as fans, we owe it to him to allow him this time.
A top 8 finish, with consistently good performances would be perfectly acceptable for this season. I just want to be entertained by what I am seeing on the pitch every week, rather than bored like I was with Koeman and Allardyce.
A decent cup run would be a bonus. It's been a while since we had a day out on the piss at Wembley (the Tottenham away game last season doesn't count)