December 12, 2018, 11:25:31 PM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 13791 times)

August 12, 2018, 02:28:00 AM
Reply #810

Lxxx

A better player than Tosun.

He does good things, and hes generally a great finisher, but his work rate is quite poor, he has no pace, and his movement isnt great either.

His link-up play is good sometimes, though, and hes good in the air in front of goal, but he barely seems to jump in aerial challenges unless its a goalscoring chance.

Yeh hed be pretty decent for a Leicester or someone but for anyone with aspirations of anything better hes short on quality where it matters.

August 12, 2018, 02:28:42 AM
Reply #811

sam of the south

To replace Tosun = world class = wanting CL football and a huge transfer fee. Unless you sign a 20 yr old and get massively lucky, to upgrade Tosun at this stage is difficult

Exactly, you buy young, which we shouldve been doing under Walsh and Koeman
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 12, 2018, 02:30:52 AM
Reply #812

sam of the south

Yeh hed be pretty decent for a Leicester or someone but for anyone with aspirations of anything better hes short on quality where it matters.

Leicester have got better than Tosun, though, and they are our level right now.

Hes a good player, yes, but hes a level or two below Richarlison and Walcott.

August 12, 2018, 02:31:47 AM
Reply #813

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah but to get guaranteed better for cheaper/ younger is very difficult.

You could easily rack up 2 or 3 attempts at a decent whack and still be no better.

Think were best off sorting everything else then going big for more of a certainty.

August 12, 2018, 02:31:48 AM
Reply #814

eyesalwaysblue

Wouldn't send Walsh and Koeman for the butties, not even with a note.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 12, 2018, 02:32:28 AM
Reply #815

Mayor Farnum

A better player than Tosun.

He does good things, and hes generally a great finisher, but his work rate is quite poor, he has no pace, and his movement isnt great either.

His link-up play is good sometimes, though, and hes good in the air in front of goal, but he barely seems to jump in aerial challenges unless its a goalscoring chance.

In a fully functioning attack with all the pace and movement around him that our new recruits can offer he may be more effective. I think we should wait a little longer before making a final judgement.

August 12, 2018, 02:33:49 AM
Reply #816

sam of the south

Yeah but to get guaranteed better for cheaper/ younger is very difficult.

You could easily rack up 2 or 3 attempts at a decent whack and still be no better.

Think were best off sorting everything else then going big for more of a certainty.

Big players/certainties are unlikely to come to us.

Young strikers, unless they completely bomb, usually retain or increase their value as well.

August 12, 2018, 02:34:18 AM
Reply #817

Lxxx

Leicester have got better than Tosun, though, and they are our level right now.

Hes a good player, yes, but hes a level or two below Richarlison and Walcott.

Agreed. Id be surprised if hes here this time next year. Reminds me of a championship striker, decent in and around the box but basic anywhere else.

His attempt at a finish tonight was very poor, telegraphed his shot and should have put Walcott in instead for an easy finish to end the game.

August 12, 2018, 02:34:38 AM
Reply #818

Toffee1

I think Big Marcel will find what we need for January and beyond.

I would like to see how Gomes does in that midfield but if he does not work out/stay after his loan - I would like us to get a player permanantly who can control the midfield and dictate play.

August 12, 2018, 02:35:33 AM
Reply #819

sam of the south

In a fully functioning attack with all the pace and movement around him that our new recruits can offer he may be more effective. I think we should wait a little longer before making a final judgement.

Oh sure, Im not writing him off at all, I just think for a side wanting Top 6 we need better for our main striker.

August 12, 2018, 02:35:56 AM
Reply #820

TheTone

think Big Bernard is taking Little Siggys position in a few weeks

August 12, 2018, 02:36:42 AM
Reply #821

Macca77

I reckon Walcott's days are numbered

August 12, 2018, 02:37:11 AM
Reply #822

sam of the south

Agreed. Id be surprised if hes here this time next year. Reminds me of a championship striker, decent in and around the box but basic anywhere else.

His attempt at a finish tonight was very poor, telegraphed his shot and should have put Walcott in instead for an easy finish to end the game.

I thinks hes miles better than Championship standard.

August 12, 2018, 02:37:54 AM
Reply #823

Gary1878

I love the fact that we can now debate some very good players positions in the first team and that their places arent assured. The competition will make us a better side, whoever ends up on the pitch

August 12, 2018, 02:38:05 AM
Reply #824

Lxxx

Oh sure, Im not writing him off at all, I just think for a side wanting Top 6 we need better for our main striker.

You want a guy capable of running the channels at pace, moving defenders all over and being able to beat a man.

Hes a trier but he wont create anything or move outside of a 30 metre radius.