November 16, 2018, 01:11:52 AM

Author Topic: Strongest 11 after the window closes  (Read 4619 times)

August 10, 2018, 02:36:47 AM
Reply #45

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Injury/fitness may dictate this anyway, but we can't be sticking all our new signings in the team at once.

As we saw last season, too many new faces in a team at the same time and things will be very disjointed until they figure out how to play effectively with each other, which best case probably takes half a season.

It might be frustrating, but hopefully we ease them slowly into the first team. Otherwise there's a good chance we struggle and all the impatient whining little bitches we seem to have as fans these days will flip out.

Yeah I think just on the way things are could make gradual integration the only thing we can do.

I donít think weíre as dramatically hopeless at the back as can be portrayed but certainly at the top end the new players should have to get past some decent competition to get a game.

August 10, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
Reply #46

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Injury/fitness may dictate this anyway, but we can't be sticking all our new signings in the team at once.

As we saw last season, too many new faces in a team at the same time and things will be very disjointed until they figure out how to play effectively with each other, which best case probably takes half a season.

It might be frustrating, but hopefully we ease them slowly into the first team. Otherwise there's a good chance we struggle and all the impatient whining little bitches we seem to have as fans these days will flip out.

Yeah, with Gomes being injured, and Mina and Bernard having no pre-season then it should allow gradual inclusion.

Hopefully Zouma goes through and can go straight in though.
My momma says I'm special.

August 10, 2018, 02:46:39 AM
Reply #47

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think just on the way things are could make gradual integration the only thing we can do.

I donít think weíre as dramatically hopeless at the back as can be portrayed but certainly at the top end the new players should have to get past some decent competition to get a game.

Competition at the back may bring out the best in Keane too.
My momma says I'm special.

August 10, 2018, 02:51:05 AM
Reply #48

BlueForYou

Yes - don't write Keane off, may yet come good
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 10, 2018, 03:41:19 AM
Reply #49

TrevorSteven

It for sure gonna be interesting to see Silvas approach to the game...will he start playing Walcott as a striker or will he surround a Tosun with pacy Richarlison, Walcott and Bernard?

Big Sam has said so much crap lately but he probably has a point when it comes to all of those players that will not play enough - how will that affect us? Squad is still huge and players like Schneiderlein, Davies, McCarthy, Keane, Jagielka, Holgate, Bolasie, Ramirez, Martina, Niasse, Besic, Vlasic, Dowell, DCL and Kenny will all be at risk of not beeing part of the squad.

Lets hope they manage to get some of these guys out on loan. I hope focus in the next window will be on a striker but that marked has been dead in this window - its remarkable few attacking signings in PL in this window. Nothing has probably been available.

August 10, 2018, 03:51:06 AM
Reply #50

BlueForYou

Everton 2nd XI:

1)Stek

2)Holgate
4)Jagielka
5)Keane
3)Baines

7)Davies
6)Schneiderlin
8)McCarthy

10)Calvert-Lewin
9)Niasse
11)Lookman
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 10, 2018, 03:54:26 AM
Reply #51

Martip

:badum:
Yes - don't write Keane off, may yet come good
I don't think he's good enough unfortunately

August 10, 2018, 04:05:00 AM
Reply #52

velimski

Everton 2nd XI:

1)Stek

2)Holgate
4)Jagielka
5)Keane
3)Baines

7)Davies
6)Schneiderlin
8)McCarthy

10)Calvert-Lewin
9)Niasse
11)Lookman

That's not far off last season's first X1

August 10, 2018, 05:03:07 AM
Reply #53

sam of the south

This is the way I see the squad (If Zouma signs and Besic, Lookman, Dowell, and Bolasie remain)

I would prefer Gana and Schneiderlin vying for the #6 role, and Iíve got a feeling Bernard will be challenging Sigurdsson for the #10 slot once the season is in full swing (rather than being out on the wing) but obviously a fair few of these players will give us variety, versatility, and options, as well as a real increase in overall quality (hopefully)

GK: Pickford, Virginia, Stekelenburg
RB: Coleman, Kenny
LB: Digne, Baines
CB: Mina, Zouma, Keane, Jagielka, Holgate
#6: Schneiderlin, Gana, Baningime
#8: Gomes, Davies, Besic
#10: Bernard, Sigurdsson, Dowell
FW: Walcott, Tosun, Richarlison, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Bolasie, Niasse
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 10, 2018, 08:03:12 AM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Iím just thinking we have all this flair and skill now and the first game we fall behind and need a goal from somewhere and Niasses is subbed on and the likes of Bernard et al are wtf!
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 10, 2018, 01:50:53 PM
Reply #55

dangermouse

I couldn't decide....
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 10, 2018, 01:51:55 PM
Reply #56

AllyBlue14

August 10, 2018, 01:53:01 PM
Reply #57

dangermouse

Why are they playing for Arsenal?

I was sooooo excited I forgot to change the colour DOH!

August 10, 2018, 01:59:29 PM
Reply #58

AllyBlue14

I'd go for the third option, but Walcott through the middle.

Think it's going to be a while before they're all fully firing anyway, so it may give Marco a chance to work out how he wants to fit them into whatever system he's going to use.

Think Gylfi will be pivotal in accommodating the new players and giving them licence to express themselves. Whether we go with 2 or 3 in the middle, he and Gueye (hopefully not Schneiderlin) will have to get through a lot of work defensively.

August 10, 2018, 02:07:58 PM
Reply #59

dangermouse

I think Sig is definitely going deep  :o