October 24, 2017, 12:49:09 PM

Author Topic: Tim Cahill .. our hardcase  (Read 1107 times)

January 14, 2011, 07:55:44 AM
Read 1107 times

nomorechang

RIP
Another message sent from another part of the world: Cahill knows how to jab. He has punched above his weight ever since Moyes paid Millwall 1.5million for him in 2004, one of the best pound-for-pound signings of the last 20 years. Boxing to Cahill is more than mere terminology and, as he headed for lunch, he smiled when recalling a Millwall trip under Dennis Wise to a Frank Maloney gym in south London.
'I had a round or two in the ring with Wisey, so did some of the other lads. Wisey's influence made me stronger as a player. He'd been there and done it but he put a lot of time into me, into developing me as a footballer.

'That boxing session was fantastic. We got into the ring and we threw some punches, we had a good time. I suppose Wisey can tell you what happened.
'Not many would want to get in the ring with Wisey, but if he's got to learn, he's got to learn from the best.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1346905/Evertons-Tim-Cahill-Mr-Impact-From-humble-roots-world-star.html

:hail: lolol :thumbsup:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

January 14, 2011, 07:59:50 AM
Reply #1

Tinga

I wish Cahill wasn't old.  :'( I can see us being fucked when he goes or his legs go, but nice thread I enjoyed that read. Oh and KENWRIGHT OUT  lolol