November 18, 2018, 12:00:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton launch campaign to build mental health centre near Goodison Park  (Read 1008 times)

August 11, 2018, 03:00:18 AM
Reply #30

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 11, 2018, 05:28:48 AM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

August 11, 2018, 05:43:29 AM
Reply #32

Mouse

The link (for everyone else wanting to contribute):

http://www.evertonfc.com/community/how-to-donate
Dear God, why didn't I think of that? Age is my only excuse...and not a very good one!

August 11, 2018, 06:06:27 AM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

Dear God, why didn't I think of that? Age is my only excuse...and not a very good one!

All good mate, I'm only providing a service :)

I work in fundraising, so this stuff is hardwired!

August 11, 2018, 05:21:51 PM
Reply #34

74Blue

Yet another example of the stuff that Everton just do that makes me immensely proud to be a blue.
Just another fantastic initiative that provides an invaluable service, and one that will serve as a legacy of the clubs L4 roots for generations to come and a reminder to all of what a fantastic family Everton Football Club is.
The offices may now be in the City Centre and we may be moving to a flashy new home on the banks of the mersey, but we haven't left behind or forgotten the community that was a huge part of our identity for a hundred and odd years.
Mental health is an issue that affects so many people and is often an invisible killer. Having suffered acute depression myself in the past, I know how it sneaks into your life uninvited and consumes you, making you feel completely trapped, helpless and even suicidal. It starts very slowly, then gathers pace, consuming every part of you, snowballing, feeding on the insecurity and self loathing that it has created, getting stronger every day and making it harder and harder for you to function. It's a dark, dark place to be and a place that you wouldn't wish for your worst enemy.

August 11, 2018, 06:35:14 PM
Reply #35

eyesalwaysblue

Yet another example of the stuff that Everton just do that makes me immensely proud to be a blue.
Just another fantastic initiative that provides an invaluable service, and one that will serve as a legacy of the clubs L4 roots for generations to come and a reminder to all of what a fantastic family Everton Football Club is.
The offices may now be in the City Centre and we may be moving to a flashy new home on the banks of the mersey, but we haven't left behind or forgotten the community that was a huge part of our identity for a hundred and odd years.
Mental health is an issue that affects so many people and is often an invisible killer. Having suffered acute depression myself in the past, I know how it sneaks into your life uninvited and consumes you, making you feel completely trapped, helpless and even suicidal. It starts very slowly, then gathers pace, consuming every part of you, snowballing, feeding on the insecurity and self loathing that it has created, getting stronger every day and making it harder and harder for you to function. It's a dark, dark place to be and a place that you wouldn't wish for your worst enemy.

Great post, people don't realise how they can snuff out somebody's recovery with snide reference about illness of this type, peoples ignorance and lack of empathy and understanding if tackled would help an awful lot more people recover successfully..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 11, 2018, 06:49:09 PM
Reply #36

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Can't help but feel proud to be part of a club that thinks and acts this way. Well done Everton.