November 20, 2019, 05:31:31 AM

Author Topic: Alex Iwobi  (Read 33890 times)

November 05, 2019, 06:19:25 PM
Reply #795

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't a long stride push and rush player, like putting lallana out wide. Might work a bit but ultimately you're going to want mane or sane or whatever.

Deulofeu and Mahrez actually are both able to turn in circles and dig crosses out, but it's rare I think, generally you need a bit of push and rush these days imo.

He did OK though, didn't disgrace himself.

People see a tall, black rangy fella outwide and expect a push and run player as you're saying.

He's not that player at all. Hopefully he'll have limited appearances outwide.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 05, 2019, 08:14:44 PM
Reply #796

Cozzie

Regardless of how we set up in midfield going forward from here this guy absolutely HAS to play centrally.

November 05, 2019, 08:24:38 PM
Reply #797

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't a long stride push and rush player, like putting lallana out wide. Might work a bit but ultimately you're going to want mane or sane or whatever.

Deulofeu and Mahrez actually are both able to turn in circles and dig crosses out, but it's rare I think, generally you need a bit of push and rush these days imo.

Agree with most but I did think he offered little or nothing on Sunday. First half was especially bad. But, I suppose you always have to consider if it is the player or the team when everyone is that bad.

I love to see him in the middle, he offers so much more to the team and we look more dangerous. Spurs were a bag of nerves on Sunday and we missed an opportunity, I think that was a result of team selection more than player application.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

November 05, 2019, 08:26:51 PM
Reply #798

YankeeBlue214

Agree with most but I did think he offered little or nothing on Sunday. First half was especially bad. But, I suppose you always have to consider if it is the player or the team when everyone is that bad.

I love to see him in the middle, he offers so much more to the team and we look more dangerous. Spurs were a bag of nerves on Sunday and we missed an opportunity, I think that was a result of team selection more than player application.

Iíve decided to only judge him when he plays in the middle. Yes I know that makes no sense 😅
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 05, 2019, 09:26:16 PM
Reply #799

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve decided to only judge him when he plays in the middle. Yes I know that makes no sense 😅

I feel the same way about Moise Kean
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 06, 2019, 01:15:38 AM
Reply #800

eyesalwaysblue

I'd rather judge the players minus a Silva
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 09, 2019, 06:02:24 AM
Reply #801

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Watch Deulofeu dig his cross out for gray from tonight!

Totally unrelated but thought it was interesting. Also since he left we've bought about 10 right sided wingers and I reckon he'd still walk into our side.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2019, 12:26:53 PM
Reply #802

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Totally unrelated but thought it was interesting. Also since he left we've bought about 10 right sided wingers and I reckon he'd still walk into our side.

Easy to forget why he wasnít walking into the side when he was here though!

Iíd still rather have kept him for the fee we got, but I do think heís the type of player that when he plays well itís easy to think that youíd be getting that all the time.

November 09, 2019, 12:49:33 PM
Reply #803

Waltzer

In his interview he said he's playing better as he's a striker for them, not playing on the wing. Think he also said he doesn't run as much as others in the team, which is why being up top helps him

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 09, 2019, 01:54:38 PM
Reply #804

stirlingblue

In his interview he said he's playing better as he's a striker for them, not playing on the wing. Think he also said he doesn't run as much as others in the team, which is why being up top helps him

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Basically he doesnít want to do any of the off the ball defensive work unless he feels like it. Heís a good player, but not good enough to be a passenger in a side like ours.

It amazes me when players think like this when majority of the best players in the world are absolute workhorses