October 25, 2020, 04:40:44 PM

Author Topic: Kean (On loan to PSG)  (Read 136024 times)

Mayor Farnum, Craig_1878 (+ 1 Hidden) and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

1 hour ago
Reply #2160

ajax_andy

He's a natural finisher so in a dominant team with top level creative players he'll always score goals, it's no surprise to see him score against weak opposition in a top team.

His problems were never related to his finishing, it was the rest of his game and being able to lead the line that were where he lacked the necessary abilities to be a success in the premier league.

I'm sure he'll go on to have a good career, just not in the premier league and definitely not with us.  Let's just hope he keeps it up and we secure a good price for him at the end of the season.

1 hour ago
Reply #2161

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
So we’ve gone from calling him all sorts to saying that he will play for dominant European teams and score loads of goals. The football brain trust in full flow I see.

1 hour ago
Reply #2162

Bluedylan

It's kinda tedious at this point. Every time he plays well, there'll be loads of comments about how short-sighted we are, and every time he doesn't have a good game for PSG, there's be loads of comments about how he's never been good enough and how smart we are to loan him out.

Can we just not be fairly adult about it, acknowledge that his move here didn't work out, as sometimes happens, and wish him well in the future.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

1 hour ago
Reply #2163

74Blue

Sometimes really talented players just aren't suited to certain leagues. Mario Ballotelli kind of springs to mind. He looked great in Italy, but was never quite suited to the PL. I know it's subjective, but was he really a success at Man City or Liverpool?
Maybe Kean is just not suited to the Premier League. That's not to say he's not talented.
Hopefully, the experience in Paris gives him real confidence and he comes back ready to buckle down and give DCL some real competition for a starting place here, but if not, it's not the end of the world and he will have options available to him and we will be able to sell him for solid money.

46 minutes ago
Reply #2164

KoemansNumberTens

Great deal for us assuming there’s no clause

He’s not worked out here. He’ll score goals for a quality side in a shit league. We’ll get our money back and maybe even a profit. It’s a great deal for us

43 minutes ago
Reply #2165

ajax_andy

So we’ve gone from calling him all sorts to saying that he will play for dominant European teams and score loads of goals. The football brain trust in full flow I see.

Maybe that's just what's called a balanced opinion? People like myself never felt he was able to contribute for us whilst always acknowledged he was a natural finisher.

You're allowed to have an opinion outside of 'turd' and 'boss' you know 😜