September 16, 2019, 03:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 118246 times)

October 22, 2018, 05:06:22 PM
Reply #225

Shogun

Administrator
Played two good balls.

The through ball to Walcott on our left hand side and the ball inbetween the lines to Sigurdsson edit: Schneiderlin even (who played it through to Walcott who missed his chance).

Can’t tell you that last time Sigurdsson played passes like that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:25:52 PM by Shogun »

October 22, 2018, 05:08:52 PM
Reply #226

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I assume you mean Schneiderlin^

I personally thought he was tidy and leggy but safety first.

He also plays much more advanced than Schneiderlin so you should expect some differences like. He should be compared to Davies more than anyone, and Davies does make those passes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 22, 2018, 05:12:22 PM
Reply #227

Bally

Administrator
Went on his arse late on didn't he?

Think that was when the tank emptied.
Yeah he was trying to play a through ball and just over ran himself, but was excellent otherwise, was expecting the gmae to pass him by a little but his presence gave Gana free reign, Gana benefitted greatly and Gomes' passing range with both feet impressed me a lot.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

October 22, 2018, 05:36:50 PM
Reply #228

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

He also plays much more advanced than Schneiderlin so you should expect some differences like. He should be compared to Davies more than anyone, and Davies does make those passes.
He's a massive step up from Davies
Simply simply lovely

October 22, 2018, 05:42:18 PM
Reply #229

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber

I think the more advanced role of Gomes will help us as a team press higher up the pitch.

However, over the next few months, he needs to shift his feet that tad quicker when he is on the ball. In La Liga he would be a gem of a player, as you have more time, but in the PL, some adaptations need to happen to make this position his own.

October 22, 2018, 06:31:15 PM
Reply #230

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's a massive step up from Davies

Is he?

Weíre getting well ahead of ourselves imo.

Good pass % but he was quite safe in a game where we had all of the ball.

No key passes, no assists or chances created, no shots on target.

Actually yeah I think it was representative of what weíll get from him. In his absolute best ever year in la liga, he was still an average player with good dribbling.

Just so we adjust our expectations a little bit like. Can deffo see why silva likes him but he hasnít blown my socks off in the way some of yous are talking.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 22, 2018, 06:33:42 PM
Reply #231

Shogun

Administrator
Feel like you’ve made your mind up tbh brap

It’s okay to be wrong.

GLewis is the best poster going but said Kane was a one season wonder.

Happens to us all.

October 22, 2018, 06:45:06 PM
Reply #232

Cozzie

Got to admit, I did piss myself laughing when he went down there at the end.

Thought he did ok considering how long he has been out for.

October 22, 2018, 06:45:30 PM
Reply #233

eugene

Found out why the busies where packing today, they got a tip-off that a sniper was at Goodison and they where right cos Gomes deffo got taken out pmsl
So THATS cleared up then, and thatís the last time I try humour

October 22, 2018, 06:54:06 PM
Reply #234

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Feel like youíve made your mind up tbh brap

Itís okay to be wrong.

GLewis is the best poster going but said Kane was a one season wonder.

Happens to us all.

Whoscored rated him at 6.4, Tom Davies average this year is 6.6

No worries, will accept apologies in DMís or publically.

October 22, 2018, 07:00:24 PM
Reply #235

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whoscored rated him at 6.4, Tom Davies average this year is 6.6

No worries, will accept apologies in DMís or publically.

Ohh well if Whoscored bloody said so.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 22, 2018, 07:01:41 PM
Reply #236

Ross

Thought he was a little ponderous on the ball. Palace didnít press so he had time on the ball but he took too much of it and allowed them to get their bus parked. Itís why bernard and Richardson hardly got a sniff.

Itís his first game and heíll will get better but hardly set the world alight against a very average Palace team

Exactly like the rest of the team really. The gushing praise seems a bit premeditated.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 22, 2018, 07:02:07 PM
Reply #237

Simon Paul

Administrator
Exactly like the rest of the team really. The gushing praise seems a bit premeditated.

he is incredibly handsome though

October 22, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
Reply #238

Ross

he is incredibly handsome though

Peter Beardsley looked like he was born in the ugly tree and hit his face on every branch on the way out but he couldnít half play.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 22, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
Reply #239

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Is he?

We're getting well ahead of ourselves imo.

Good pass % but he was quite safe in a game where we had all of the ball.

No key passes, no assists or chances created, no shots on target.

Actually yeah I think it was representative of what we'll get from him. In his absolute best ever year in la liga, he was still an average player with good dribbling.

Just so we adjust our expectations a little bit like. Can deffo see why silva likes him but he hasn't blown my socks off in the way some of yous are talking.
Yeah, he really really is
Simply simply lovely