July 16, 2019, 07:32:46 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 110868 times)

August 09, 2018, 02:38:21 AM
Read 110868 times

stirlingblue

Loan with a cast-iron option to buy suit everyone?

I, for one, don't really care what his stats are like in a team so different than Everton as Barcelona are.

I do if he canít even be creative with their movement around him, as itís a hell of a lot better than ours

August 09, 2018, 03:47:39 PM
Reply #1

stirlingblue

As I said in the other clubs transfer thread, Wolves are playing a dangerous game with the money they are throwing about, they need to click into gear straight away (starting after our game on Saturday) or they will struggle

Theyíre more likely to hit the ground running than we are.

Theyíre coming off the back of a season of mostly winning, weíre off the back of a season of mostly losing.

The difference can do wonders for confidence, as the Goodison crowd will get on the teams back faster if we concede a goal.

October 22, 2018, 01:42:01 AM
Reply #2

stirlingblue

Heís much better defensively than I thought, really put himself about

October 22, 2018, 01:43:21 AM
Reply #3

stirlingblue

60 million buy out clause apparently

He's ours in the summer

They bought him for 35 and heís been a flop, why would he now be worth 60?

November 02, 2018, 02:56:04 PM
Reply #4

stirlingblue

The only thing Iíve seen in the two games to justify the excitement was the through ball to Walcott against Palace.

Other than that heís been neat and tidy whilst playing it relatively safe. If his surname was smith and he didnít play for Barcelona Iím not sure youíd all be so keen to spunk £30+ million on him.

November 04, 2018, 05:54:08 AM
Reply #5

stirlingblue

Andre Gomes' stats against Brighton:

Touches - 84
Successful passes - 64
Successful forward passes - 33
Successful attacking third passes - 19
Chances created - 1
Pass accuracy - 86%
Recoveries - 10
Aerial duels won - 3
Successful dribbles - 2

Didnít get to watch today, but 10 recoveries is very good and makes me feel better about my major worry about him.

I thought heíd be too passive defensively to work in a midfield two, but if he can correct that then great.

February 17, 2019, 04:00:17 PM
Reply #6

stirlingblue

Is Sigurdsson a bad signing or is he just overpriced? Because there is a difference

Heís certainly a bad signing for the price we paid.

Heís arguably a bad signing as he was the wrong type of player that we needed at the time.

March 22, 2019, 01:51:38 PM
Reply #7

stirlingblue

I'm convinced in a balanced midfield he will be ace. Especially at the price quoted and the fact he is making the right signs to stay. He is the number 8 we have been after in my eyes. I think he would absolutely shine with a Gareth Barry type player in there with him and Gana.

If he needs a Gana and a Barry to get the best out of him then thereís no point in signing him as we ainít dropping Sig so we need somebody who shines in a midfield two, not a three.

Personally, I donít see an upside on him and as he is right now heís good enough to start for a for a top half team but not a top 6 team so we shouldnít be throwing money at him.

April 16, 2019, 01:57:06 AM
Reply #8

stirlingblue

Well he's created less chances this year than declan rice who's basically a 20 odd year old centre half playing DM for a worse side than us. I know it's not his job because he's playing DM for us but as a comparison vs players in his position, he's objectively bad at it and I don't know why because he clearly can pass and dribble.

He's quite bad defensively, and although it doesn't seem like it because he's so calm in possession, he gives the ball away a lot in dangerous areas, as well as fouls. Against arsenal, arguably his best performance for us and a genuinely good one, no player on the pitch misplaced more passes in their own half, or gave away more fouls in their own half, or got dribbled past more.

Don't want to be slagging him off because I'm much more bought in to him than I originally was, and I do think his temper will land him with a red card soon but partly I think it's frustration at himself. He's clearly a bit sensitive and he seems to boil over when it's not going his way or he gets shut down.

Get out of here with your reasonable criticism backed up with a sprinkling of stats.

Heís a handsome lad so we should obviously be splurging £30m on him

April 16, 2019, 07:01:24 PM
Reply #9

stirlingblue

'Again' knowing the basic laws of the game (condescending git)I  lnever fucking said it was a conspiracy against Everton or that Salah should be banned ....he should've been booked yet again for simulation though ...and yes the top six do still get preferential treatment ...if you dont see that your watching the wrong sport maybe rounders would suit you better .

I think thereís a decent argument to be made that the top 6 get an advantage in terms of on the pitch decisions, not a full on conspiracy but probably an unconscious bias.

I donít see the same on post-game reviews on incidents, the deciding factor there is whether the ref on the day saw it or not. Itís a ridiculous rule though, and they should definitely be able to retrospectively upgrade a yellow to a red of the referee didnít realise how bad the challenge was (like Jorginho on Sig earlier this year).

May 03, 2019, 03:19:11 AM
Reply #10

stirlingblue

Canít see Spurs going for him as they donít really play a Ďdestroyerí type that he needs next to him a la Gueye

June 20, 2019, 06:51:07 PM
Reply #11

stirlingblue