October 01, 2020, 06:50:51 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 191219 times)

November 28, 2019, 05:59:22 PM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

"As you can see I don't have time for my hair, it looks really bad" Hahaha!

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1199998321525432320

Looking a bit more Charles Manson than Iberian dreamboat in that clip.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 02, 2020, 10:32:22 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Our central midfield was atrocious, and Gomes was as bad as anyone again. Agree with brap. Leicester players absolutely strolling around all game yesterday with no pressure on them.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

July 02, 2020, 11:29:31 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

I'd honestly sell the lot of them (Gomes, Davies, Gylfi) and start again with centre mid. Maybe Gbamin deserves a chance, assuming he recovers fully.

July 03, 2020, 12:05:01 AM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

Fuck me, nobody expected to him to be back this season after a horrific injury, he's playing in a 2 in the middle which hes rarely done and hes mainly playing in a 2 with people that also aren't used to playing that or are absolute litter. Ill admit hes not kept the level he did against Liverpool away that time, but I think next season with better quality around him we'll start to see a better Andre. Even last night people were slating him but he was out on his ass and at the end it was him using his experience well to get freekicks and kill the game. Some people need a reality check

I mean he won one free kick in injury time because he held onto the ball too long, yet again.

He can't defend, so you can't pair him with an attacking CM, and he doesn't create anything so you can pair him with a defensive CM (as we saw when he played with Gana).

The main things he does are 1) look strikingly handsome, 2) hold onto the ball too long, 3) overestimate his own strength and ability to retain the ball and 4) stand off and watch as a more nimble midfielder carries the ball past him.

July 03, 2020, 03:31:40 AM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

I think they don't compliment each other AND none of them are individually good enough.

July 05, 2020, 02:18:48 AM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

Wasn't he playing next to one of the elite DMs in Europe for a period, and didn't really look all that much better or create too much?

July 07, 2020, 09:16:37 PM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

Atrocious inability to take any responsibility in games. The number of times he passed the ball to one of our centre halves last night, when he was unmarked or unchallenged, and said to them effectively 'you create something', was embarrassing.

Not a good purchase.

I do think we're getting better as passing it out from the back, through an opposition's press, but once the ball gets to midfield for us, it's over and it breaks down every single time.

Pretty painful to watch at the moment. We've been atrocious with the ball since the resumption.

July 08, 2020, 05:38:24 AM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

--------------Allen
------Gomes----Coutinho

Bailey----DCL-----Richarlison

Sorted! 😜

I don't know if Joe Allen's got the legs to run a defensive midfield anymore.

July 08, 2020, 03:21:12 PM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Most dribbled past player in the Prem, since the resumption, isn't he?