October 14, 2019, 05:18:44 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121073 times)

April 08, 2019, 04:57:51 AM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

Sign him. Them long switches were breathtaking. Watched it with a few lads, and my Spurs mate said he would love to sign him for their midfield. I dropped in the 'he's looking for a house on Merseyside' line to nip that one in the bud (hopefully).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 10, 2019, 07:52:49 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

Brands will have about 10 alternatives (some of whom may be better than Gomes) lined up. Nowt to stress about.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

May 10, 2019, 08:03:54 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

Exactly. Hes been good for us but Im not bothered either way. Id like him to stay for the continuity, but in Brands we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

That's it mate. The joy of having Brands in place, listening to his planning process and his methodology that goes on throughout the season, is that you have a sane mind and a process in place so that we're not beholden to individual players or their whims.

Gomes is a good player. Sound. He might want to go elsewhere. Sound. Here's x, y and z who might well be better than Gomes.

There's no way on this earth that Brands hasn't planned for a scenario where Gomes and Zouma don't join us.

May 26, 2019, 11:52:20 PM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

I wouldn't want us to necessarily build anything around him, and see him as the solution or focal point of our midfield.

But I'd happily have him as a one of a compliment of 4/5 central midfielders who can all do different jobs, and have to battle it out in training and games to get in the team.

May 28, 2019, 10:30:54 PM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

Spurs bidding 60m for Giovani Lo Celso, could be the end of any interest they have in Gomes.

He's a wide player.

May 30, 2019, 11:20:49 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

He’s not. He plays in Gomes’s position as an 8.

Yeah, someone else said that. I saw him play wide the one time I've seen him, and looked at Whoscored and apparently he's played CM, AM, RW and LW.

June 05, 2019, 09:45:24 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

I find other people's petty bickering dead funny.

June 10, 2019, 06:19:18 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

I agree that it's probably already done. If he wasn't staying here, I think you'd be hearing things in the media that suggest as much.

June 19, 2019, 05:52:33 AM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

This'll be a cracking bit of business for the price quoted.

June 19, 2019, 03:54:43 PM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

I think it's likely that given his negative experience at Barca (pretty much the biggest club you could go to), that he probably values being at home somewhere, being settled, being an important part of a team with potential, more than the usual 'go to a bigger/richer club' thing.

June 19, 2019, 09:24:15 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Still think Zouma's more important, and I don't think we've got the midfield sorted either, but happy with this for a good value starter for the summer.

June 20, 2019, 08:24:15 PM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

Never underestimate Chelsea's capacity to make poor decisions in the transfer market.

June 26, 2019, 03:40:59 AM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

Another very smart bit of business by the club, to add to last summer's excellent value.

If he has one strong season in the Prem for us now, he's probably worth 40-50m straight away.

Brands is doing a cracking job.