September 23, 2019, 10:14:36 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 119296 times)

August 10, 2018, 01:30:01 AM
Read 119296 times

bluenuck

Poor stats, courtesy of Kramer, but it’s low risk with it being a loan.

Looks tidy on the ball and with a good engine. Could well suit our 433. Silva obviously sees something in him that he can use.

Problem with those stats is they don't really show the player as an individual. There's still the bi product of who he plays with and where he plays and what system he plays in. There great stats and they show a lot, and it's a cool circle and all, too. But analytical stats in team sports other than baseball are, again, way to heavily reliant on other factors. It does help give more of a "view" of how good the player is, but there's to much grey area. Gomes may "click" with Richarlison and start making 3 through balls and 10 key passes a game and all of a sudden he's an awesome player by those stats.

This is where Silva and Brands have to identify decent players that will be even better in the system they want to play. Just have to look across the park to see how they've done it with a few players.

October 22, 2018, 01:03:25 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Thought he was okay.

Not good not bad kinda thing.

Obviously he isn’t fully ready yet so I expect more in the coming weeks.

February 22, 2019, 02:20:19 AM
Reply #2

bluenuck

Bloody hell

I hate to say it, but he's got a point. We're adding way to many mercs onto our team lately. You could even say that about 2 of our coaches. (Allardayce and Koeman)

February 22, 2019, 04:56:47 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

We’ve got too many players in the squad who run around and do nothing.

The leadership thing is a lazy shout that always comes out when in a bad run of form.

We need quality footballers more than players like Scott Brown ffs

He didn't say we need Scott Brown.

And like I've said multiple times. A third of a season is not a bad run of form. It's just a shit team.

February 22, 2019, 05:12:04 AM
Reply #4

bluenuck

I know what he said.

It’s still drivel.

Nah. I think he's got a point. I don't think it's the main deciding factor why we suck, but You even see it. When we crumble after letting in a goal. Such a weak mentality out there.

February 22, 2019, 12:46:22 PM
Reply #5

bluenuck

I disagree. I think the “crumbling” is merely conceding chances a because our midfield is shite and made even shitter by having to chase a game and allow the opposition more space to create, resulting in conceding yet more chances and free kicks in dangerous positions. That’s your “crumbling”.

Having a dickhead running around beating his chest won’t do anything to stop that.

I’m not disagreeing with you. I did say it’s not the main problem.

But I do think it’s an underlying problem that has been growing for the last ~3 seasons that people underrate.

March 23, 2019, 10:38:01 AM
Reply #6

bluenuck

Watch a lot of Genk games then yeah?

Seriously doubt it somehow.

He doesn’t.

Berge is a well known name around the stats bomb guys and football manager worlds.

He’s Just regurgitating it all. Never comes up with anyone really new that no ones ever talked about, but comes across looking brilliant naming names like Berge and akanji.

in reality these guys are tough to get after they’ve become known about. Berge has been linked with arsenal before. He’d go there in a heartbeat before us.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:41:24 AM by bluenuck »

June 04, 2019, 05:49:23 AM
Reply #7

bluenuck

This will get over the line in time.

Zouma, or a new centre back is what I'm worried about.