June 05, 2020, 07:29:05 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 164110 times)

January 28, 2020, 11:26:21 PM
Reply #60

Waltzer

Starting to think Gbamin's leg must have fallen completely off.  Poor fella.
He's the new Niasse, realised we've signed a dud and we'll get random rumours about different injuries for a while until they're forced to play him.
Only messing, but you don't hear much about him!?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 25, 2020, 11:29:54 PM
Reply #61

Waltzer

Its a shame Davies isn't in any sort of form.

Him and Gomes would probably be very open but it would be very mobile.

Mobile? Not sure if that's the word you're looking for tbh as neither are

March 09, 2020, 03:07:27 AM
Reply #62

Waltzer

Sigurdson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Davies, Iwobi, Delph arent fit to lace his boots, yet we're questioning the player thats just returned from an horrific injury and been placed into a team with those players that are light years below him, unbelievable.

March 09, 2020, 03:48:42 AM
Reply #63

Waltzer

That list is like having a debate on the nicest serial killer. Being better than that lot doesn't make Gomes a good player. He doesn't do enough defensively and he doesn't score or make enough goals. Which would be fine if he was a very consistent 7 out of 10 every week but he's not that either.

Bernard and Gomes are quite popular because they do their very little quite elegantly

I don't dislike him. He's comfortably the best midfielder at the club but he wouldn't get a game for any of the clubs we aspire to compete with
Probably right, excelling at Valencia means he's not good enough, then getting a move to Barca just proves he's not good enough for us.
I think we need to give him a chance when we get a better calibre of player around him, assessing his value on this team is strange imo.
There isn't a midfielder in our squad that I'd have over him and for that reason he's the least of our issues