August 20, 2019, 08:41:04 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 115547 times)

November 04, 2018, 12:02:39 AM
Reply #435

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He’s been an absolute JOKE. Champions League level ball winner.

Passing has been better too.

Back to being an unbelievable bargain

November 04, 2018, 12:07:05 AM
Reply #436

eyesalwaysblue

A joy to watch today
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2018, 12:07:54 AM
Reply #437

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Impressed me today to be frank.

Clearly a classy operator, can move with the ball and capable of passing into the box - ball for Walcott was great.

Would love someone to dissect the role he’s playing, because it’s not immediately apparent to me the differences between him and gana’s roles besides the obvious.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2018, 12:09:29 AM
Reply #438

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Clearly a classy operator, can move with the ball and capable of passing into the box - ball for Walcott was great.

Would love someone to dissect the role he’s playing, because it’s not immediately apparent to me the differences between him and gana’s roles besides the obvious.

Yeah it seems to be classic 4-4-2 with individual style being the differentiator of the two cms

November 04, 2018, 12:21:07 AM
Reply #439

eyesalwaysblue

His positioning is superb, naturally seems to be in the right place more often than not, totally instinctive, we need to get him whatever it takes.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2018, 12:31:18 AM
Reply #440

Trowel

Stupid sexy Gomes.

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 04, 2018, 12:41:15 AM
Reply #441

gizzblue

The more i see the more the guy is exactly what we have been missing ....also Guaye has been so much more confident (and awesome)with an absolute baller in his presence . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

November 04, 2018, 02:32:00 AM
Reply #442

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
He seems to be box to box so far.  I'm not sure that he's going to be a genuine defensive shield like Gana, but he picks the ball up deep and gets things moving and then pops up in the opposition area on the ball too. 

You can see the trust that Gana especially but also the other players have in him.  Always showing for the ball and usually gets it.

There were 2 stand out bits for me in the 2nd half.  One was where he took out I think 3 opposition players with a simple body swerve and quick shift of the ball.  The other was where he exchanged a couple of simple passes with Gana and then just suddenly popped an inch perfect high ball over the full backs head to I think to Lookman.  It was the way the pass came out of nowhere that impressed me, and as I keep reminding myself it's especially impressive given his lack of playing time and in theory sharpness.

I'm trying not to get too excited about him, but I'm so impressed by what I've seen so far.

November 04, 2018, 03:03:09 AM
Reply #443

MmmblueBernard

Andre Gomes’ stats against Brighton:

Touches - 84
Successful passes - 64
Successful forward passes - 33
Successful attacking third passes - 19
Chances created - 1
Pass accuracy - 86%
Recoveries - 10
Aerial duels won - 3
Successful dribbles - 2
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 04, 2018, 03:12:50 AM
Reply #444

Dr. Sponge

Would love someone to dissect the role he's playing, because it's not immediately apparent to me the differences between him and gana's roles besides the obvious.

“Boss the game” seems to be the instructions to Gomes and Gueye (GG)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 04, 2018, 03:32:00 AM
Reply #445

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Andre Gomes' stats against Brighton:

Touches - 84
Successful passes - 64
Successful forward passes - 33
Successful attacking third passes - 19
Chances created - 1
Pass accuracy - 86%
Recoveries - 10
Aerial duels won - 3
Successful dribbles - 2
I genuinely don't know if them stats mean he's had a good game or not
Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2018, 03:45:01 AM
Reply #446

MmmblueBernard

I genuinely don't know if them stats mean he's had a good game or not

Swashbuckling.

I love him.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 04, 2018, 03:49:01 AM
Reply #447

sam of the south

God, I’d love to see him nude
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 04, 2018, 04:10:44 AM
Reply #448

toshyboy

First time I’ve watched him live today, and to say I was impressed is an understatement. Always available for a pass and ran the game. Reminds me very much of Gareth Barry’s first season with us in terms of what he offers, but an upgraded version

November 04, 2018, 04:15:26 AM
Reply #449

Lxxx

Getting better each game he plays, can’t wait to see him in the derby. He’s the type to not get flustered with all the noise and hype, calmness personified this lad. Makes everyone around him at ease too.