October 16, 2019, 07:01:30 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121464 times)

November 30, 2018, 07:56:54 PM
Reply #525

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not being intentionally facetious but are there are metrics by which we can measure his ability to receive the ball on either foot, marked or not marked, in very tight defensive areas and then start the play off with a lovely pass into feet, because he does that fucking beautifully. And it's not purely aesthetically pleasing, it's hugely constructive to facilitate the way we're playing and succeeding in games.

Haven’t a scoob to be honest but I strongly agree.

Having a composed, technically good player who is press resistant and looks for the ball has been a massive breath of fresh air.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 30, 2018, 08:13:42 PM
Reply #526

hannu

he contributes massively in the build up, a lesser player would have lost the ball many of times and our attack fizzled out

he has pulled off some beautiful passes diagonally in between the cb and fb to find a player in a great position to cross

November 30, 2018, 08:27:52 PM
Reply #527

Lxxx

The fact he doesn't treat the ball like a hot potato is a massively refreshing. He's not afraid to receive it under pressure, drop a shoulder, change the angle of play or move forward with it at his feet. All things we've lacked for years. You could argue Davies tries all that but it's not very effective as he'll inevitably try and buy a foul after it, which is great to retain possession but not so when you lose the opportunity to break or add momentum to an attack.

November 30, 2018, 09:16:11 PM
Reply #528

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I got his name on my shirt. This is totally unacceptable for a 35 year old man but I just love him

I sometimes take my contact lenses out and look at myself in the mirror with the Andre Gomes shirt on. I've got dark hair and a beard so for a second or so I am Andre Gomes
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 30, 2018, 09:19:45 PM
Reply #529

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I got his name on my shirt. This is totally unacceptable for a 35 year old man but I just love him

I sometimes take my contact lenses out and look at myself in the mirror with the Andre Gomes shirt on. I've got dark hair and a beard so for a second or so I am Andre Gomes
If only i was 35 again I wouldn't mind looking like Tony Hibbert

November 30, 2018, 09:29:55 PM
Reply #530

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

So have I and I'm 38
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 30, 2018, 11:09:49 PM
Reply #531

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Being reported that we can pay 70mil for Ndombele but if it doesn’t come off we’ll get Gomes.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 30, 2018, 11:11:30 PM
Reply #532

Macca77

Being reported that we can pay 70mil for Ndombele but if it doesn’t come off we’ll get Gomes.

We're gonna ruin the transfer window again aren't we, fuck sake Everton!

November 30, 2018, 11:41:35 PM
Reply #533

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Cant we have both?

November 30, 2018, 11:42:38 PM
Reply #534

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Must be playing Barca here because there will be a list as long as your arm after tongy.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 30, 2018, 11:42:57 PM
Reply #535

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Cant we have both?

Not sure both would work, especially if we manage to keep Gana.

November 30, 2018, 11:47:16 PM
Reply #536

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Must be playing Barca here because there will be a list as long as your arm after tongy.

He’s the perfect Fernandinho replacement like but I think we stand a good chance of getting him.

Come to us lad, spend three years here then when your hitting your prime make the big move.

Players like this get lost amongst the shuffle hitting the elite clubs too early.

November 30, 2018, 11:50:06 PM
Reply #537

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure both would work, especially if we manage to keep Gana.

I know but I love Gomes.

December 01, 2018, 12:10:18 AM
Reply #538

Shogun

Administrator
Gomes will leave after his loan.

Evertonians will go on and on about him for years.

@Gash will moan about these people constantly and say he was shit.

December 01, 2018, 12:14:09 AM
Reply #539

Bally

Administrator
Man crush

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way