August 20, 2019, 07:38:04 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 115543 times)

February 17, 2019, 03:52:39 AM
Reply #765

Waltzer

25 Eric cantonas
416 Colemans

It's a bit daft picking 1 of our shocking signings and comparing the value
You're right to some extent, but it was a reality check. Personally I don't worry about the cost, I'm worried about getting the best players we can, and I think he's at the higher end of what we can attract, so we should be trying to get him, imo

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 17, 2019, 04:08:06 AM
Reply #766

ajax_andy

Shown glimpses of what he is capable of in his first season in the premier league, definitely enough to warrant purchasing at that kind of price.  Can only get better as he gets fitter, plays a full pre-season and continues to adapt to the league... I think he'll go on to be an absolute hero here, Arteta levels IMO, he has the potential to be that good if everything clicks in to place.

February 17, 2019, 04:16:42 AM
Reply #767

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's been OK, when you balance out his good stuff (that people overrated) and his bad stuff, he's been OK and I'd be more than happy to have him at the club going forward.

Being romantic, he COULD be even better than he has been which would be genuinely good, but we really need to support him with 2 new good quality CM's with different profiles.

A two way DM who can destroy and move up the pitch and pass a bit, and a creative player who can dribble, create and score from CM.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:17:48 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 17, 2019, 04:38:48 AM
Reply #768

eyesalwaysblue

He'll be truly humbled.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 17, 2019, 05:30:22 AM
Reply #769

ally2

Gomes is class. Don't know why there's even remotely a debate about wanting to keep him. I know he can be a bit flaky but there are genuine reasons why that might be so.

February 17, 2019, 06:22:12 AM
Reply #770

Jamokachi

25 Eric cantonas
416 Colemans

It’s a bit daft picking 1 of our shocking signings and comparing the value

It's not, is it. It's taking the market as it currently stands into account when determining whether a figure represents value for money. Picking players from 10 and (nearly) 30 years ago and their transfer fees, not to mention pedigree is "a bit daft" when trying to emphasise a point, though. But then, hyperbole.

February 17, 2019, 02:09:54 PM
Reply #771

KoemansNumberTens

It's not, is it. It's taking the market as it currently stands into account when determining whether a figure represents value for money. Picking players from 10 and (nearly) 30 years ago and their transfer fees, not to mention pedigree is "a bit daft" when trying to emphasise a point, though. But then, hyperbole.

The market doesn’t currently stand there. We wouldn’t get 45m for sigurdsson cos we overpaid. So yes it is nonsense. Gomes at 25m or infinite Bernards?

Look at 25m Gomes would be a decent signing. Comparing him to bad signings to prove that is nonsense though

February 17, 2019, 02:27:25 PM
Reply #772

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The market doesn’t currently stand there. We wouldn’t get 45m for sigurdsson cos we overpaid. So yes it is nonsense. Gomes at 25m or infinite Bernards?

Look at 25m Gomes would be a decent signing. Comparing him to bad signings to prove that is nonsense though

Is Sigurdsson a bad signing or is he just overpriced? Because there is a difference
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 17, 2019, 04:00:17 PM
Reply #773

stirlingblue

Is Sigurdsson a bad signing or is he just overpriced? Because there is a difference

He’s certainly a bad signing for the price we paid.

He’s arguably a bad signing as he was the wrong type of player that we needed at the time.

February 17, 2019, 05:33:19 PM
Reply #774

eyesalwaysblue

The pursuit of Sigg was mental, took up so much time,energy and money when other things were more important, no lesson learned though as the Silva chase was equally puzzling.

February 17, 2019, 05:47:41 PM
Reply #775

boothill

would cost half a Sigg..no brainer

gylfi offers x10 more though

February 17, 2019, 05:53:08 PM
Reply #776

boothill

gylfi is getting targeted because of the price tag, he didnt put his value at 45 million. the whole team is playing shite apart from a few. without gylfi this season we would be in relegation zone, or very near to it. produces a lot more for the team than gomes does by a country mile.

February 17, 2019, 05:54:13 PM
Reply #777

eyesalwaysblue

gylfi offers x10 more though
Not for me mate Siggs an ornament compared to Gomes, it's all about opinions and we all see different things in players and matches, it's why the games so popular, although no fun for us at the mo.

February 17, 2019, 05:59:15 PM
Reply #778

boothill

Not for me mate Siggs an ornament compared to Gomes, it's all about opinions and we all see different things in players and matches, it's why the games so popular, although no fun for us at the mo.

i dont get where you're coming from,ive watched gomes and really wanted him to perform, but apart from a few pieces of skill/class hes disapointed me, but maybe thats more to do with the system they are being forced to play. but youre right in that its all about opinions bud

February 17, 2019, 06:03:32 PM
Reply #779

boothill

he was overpriced by 10/15 million, but that was our clubs fault pursuing him has they did and making it so public.
i really rate him as a player