August 26, 2019, 02:03:12 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 116132 times)

March 22, 2019, 01:30:08 PM
Reply #960

Juanito

He is also used to taking up an advanced position where he had more time to take players on, play through balls etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5-H1F1HkQ

March 22, 2019, 01:38:26 PM
Reply #961

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 22, 2019, 01:48:35 PM
Reply #962

Toddacelli

He is also used to taking up an advanced position where he had more time to take players on, play through balls etc.

Fuck me! He's a better Siggy than Siggy!

We need to play him further up the pitch. You can have your McCarthy/Schniederlin midfield - just drop Sigurdsson for Gomes.

Whoever   &     Whoever

Richarlison                                                   Bernard

Gomes

DCL

March 22, 2019, 01:51:38 PM
Reply #963

stirlingblue

I'm convinced in a balanced midfield he will be ace. Especially at the price quoted and the fact he is making the right signs to stay. He is the number 8 we have been after in my eyes. I think he would absolutely shine with a Gareth Barry type player in there with him and Gana.

If he needs a Gana and a Barry to get the best out of him then thereís no point in signing him as we ainít dropping Sig so we need somebody who shines in a midfield two, not a three.

Personally, I donít see an upside on him and as he is right now heís good enough to start for a for a top half team but not a top 6 team so we shouldnít be throwing money at him.

March 22, 2019, 02:39:22 PM
Reply #964

Juanito

If he needs a Gana and a Barry to get the best out of him then thereís no point in signing him as we ainít dropping Sig so we need somebody who shines in a midfield two, not a three.

Personally, I donít see an upside on him and as he is right now heís good enough to start for a for a top half team but not a top 6 team so we shouldnít be throwing money at him.

Oh come on!

March 22, 2019, 02:56:14 PM
Reply #965

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon sigurddsson is gradually going to be phased out.

Heíll become nothing more than an impact player.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 22, 2019, 03:48:14 PM
Reply #966

Hawkandro

As is, I'd rather go for Sander Berge if we're looking for a Dembele-esque player. He has the baseline skills, is cheaper, and has way more defensive upside than Gomes.

Could they play together? I would like to sign Gomes, but at the same time I think we would have to maybe switch the CM around to get the best out of him?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 22, 2019, 05:32:12 PM
Reply #967

dazfrancis

Probably worth seeing what damage he could do playing in a more advanced role, based on this.

March 22, 2019, 06:39:32 PM
Reply #968

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He didn't have good creative numbers at valencia or barca so can't imagine them suddenly jumping up.

His use to us is as a link player, dribbling forwards and passing forwards accurately to players in more dangerous positions.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 22, 2019, 07:08:21 PM
Reply #969

Toddacelli

He didn't have good creative numbers at valencia or barca so can't imagine them suddenly jumping up.

His use to us is as a link player, dribbling forwards and passing forwards accurately to players in more dangerous positions.

But service hasn't been great for attacking players in the real danger areas so why not move him up?

March 22, 2019, 07:39:29 PM
Reply #970

BlueBeagle

As is, I'd rather go for Sander Berge if we're looking for a Dembele-esque player. He has the baseline skills, is cheaper, and has way more defensive upside than Gomes.

Watch a lot of Genk games then yeah?

Seriously doubt it somehow.

March 22, 2019, 07:51:12 PM
Reply #971

gizzblue

what are they

1)Comfort on the ball (sorely lacking )
and a huge requirement in any midfield .
2)ability to hold off a player or two

3)a range of passing

4)ability to go past a man using strength or guile.

Spot me another in our line up can do all of these ...in a good day Davies might get two out the four , he may get to Gomes level i hope over time but he's not there yet .

We have nobody of the same ilk. ..we could do with a couple in reality .

Born not made a blue .

March 22, 2019, 08:36:14 PM
Reply #972

van der Meyde

Firstly, it can take players from abroad a season to settle in the premiership. A manager will consider that. Roberto Firmino was considered a flop in his first season, 2015. I could name countless others and so could you.

He his not at the level needed to play at Barcelona, the best side in world football arguably, otherwise he wouldnít be here. They also require a particular style of La Masia player that is a rare quality to find. Arthur Melo seems to have it.

Did you watch him at Valencia? He was outstanding. Thatís why Barcelona signed him in the first place. Also, when he signed here, he was the best player for us until after the Derby. He was the best player on the pitch in the Derby and demonstrated qualities we just donít have in the middle of the park.  Keep hold of the ball, skill, can play box to box, strength, can pass the ball forward.

He looked knackered around Christmas at a time he is not used to playing (also hardly used at Barce) and has been part of what looks like an unbalanced side.

He also has good work rate.  Take a look at some of those performances for Valencia and re visit the Derby at Anfield. 
Fair enough.

I did watch him at Valencia, I just didn't really think he was particularly effective there either. I've just gone back and watched a couple of his Youtubes from his time there. He just doesn't do it for me right now.

It's not that I don't think he has talent, I just don't think he does enough with it. I did criticise Gueye quite a lot last season too though but think he's mostly been excellent this season, so hopefully the same happens again.

March 22, 2019, 09:06:50 PM
Reply #973

BlueForYou

Inter interested (Milan, not Miami!)
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 22, 2019, 11:24:16 PM
Reply #974

D15TIN

Inter interested (Milan, not Miami!)
I think he'd turn down most clubs for Everton at the moment.