August 15, 2018, 09:04:39 AM

Author Topic: Positivity  (Read 630 times)

August 10, 2018, 04:53:17 AM
Read 630 times

Martip

Gotta say it is so refreshing tonight to feel positive about the club again for the first time in years.

Some really exciting signings along side some  just as positive departures have restored my lost confidence in the club and I am confident we are in for good times ahead.

Well done you pair of handsome bastards ! :cheers:

August 10, 2018, 04:56:22 AM
Reply #1

Heisenberg

usually so glum going into the first game. The new transfer deadline date has really saved us as we always do our business last day

August 10, 2018, 05:03:30 AM
Reply #2

Robioto

Might take a little while for it all to settle, but this is the first time in a long time I've been a happy Evertonian. I lost interest and faith in the team last season under Allardyce, it feels like we've turned a corner. I'm looking forward to the Wolves game on Saturday now.

August 10, 2018, 05:09:03 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The best thing is that all the new players know each other so settling in is going to be much more straightforward than normal.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

August 10, 2018, 05:09:30 AM
Reply #4

Bigstickytoffee

I like the way we have bought players which are good enough to improve the starting 11. Too often we have bought players which show potential and just form part of the the first team squad and never kick on.

We will need to be patient. Bernard has not played for some time; transition between Baines and signe, along with Mina getting up to speed, the back four will take time to gel.
Zouma? Jury is out for for me. Gomes has potential to be that heart beat in the middle of the park. All on form could see us in the top six, 2 or 3 not cutting it could well see us bottom half.

I was sceptible of richarlison, but after seeing him against rennes and Valencia (particularly first half) I think we have got a real player there with time to grow.

We need to get behind the team this year, confidence and self belief is massive. We cannot afford any more changes to managers and players. We need consistency and motivation.

I like what Silva and brands have done, the platform is there. Come on you blues!!!!!!

August 10, 2018, 05:15:25 AM
Reply #5

dunkster

This year is about making progress. Could be a tad rough to start with but I expect us to improve as the season progresses...just please please bring back decent footie marco.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 10, 2018, 05:23:50 AM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

Positively anticipate..................

1)City - Pep the man
2)Spurs - Poch the nearly man
3)Chelsea - Hello Zinedine
4)Everton - Marco Polo
5)Liverpool - Klopp's lot
6)Utd - Goodbye Jose
7)Arsenal - Emery bored, all forgiven Arsene
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 10, 2018, 05:32:14 AM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Start a thread about positivity all you want but the way our fans are these days, a few games in without success and the knives will be out.

Fuck it, who am I kidding.

Lose against Wolves and the knives will be out.

August 10, 2018, 11:33:51 AM
Reply #8

KingOfNapaValley

If you had told me we would NET spend more than ManU, ManC or Tottenham.... would not have believed it.

August 10, 2018, 12:12:12 PM
Reply #9

eyesalwaysblue

Start a thread about positivity all you want but the way our fans are these days, a few games in without success and the knives will be out.

Fuck it, who am I kidding.

Lose against Wolves and the knives will be out.
The dross football we've been served up combined with shite managers and staff, mostly crap signings, it's a wonder anyone was left in the ground, we got money for the first time in years but it went backwards fast and alarmingly so. Action has been taken and ambition is being shown this window to improve things and it all looks promising, the cleaning out of poor signings has started well which is as important as anything else.
     Without some justifiable fume the club might have carried on the same way, but they are having a good go at the recruitment and have made some great looking signings and the fans will get right behind them because Everton fans are fucking great fans.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 10, 2018, 02:30:28 PM
Reply #10

Cozzie

What was our net spend over all?

August 10, 2018, 03:04:13 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What was our net spend over all?

About 60mil.

August 10, 2018, 03:10:48 PM
Reply #12

Martip

About 60mil.
You know what the business we 've done for that 60m is fantastic.

August 10, 2018, 03:37:40 PM
Reply #13

Mouse

As always, there is the nagging fear that accompanies any Blue's optimism, but I think this time the optimism is justifiable. There is a general buzz around the whole club - new executives, new management team, new players, new stadium, new corporate offices, new EITC projects.

I believe most fans are realistic enough to know it will take a little time for Silva to work his magic with both his ideas and the new arrivals. After the dross of the last season I'll be happy to see a team with an attacking philosophy and a little bit of flair.

For the moment, I'm holding back the fear and going with joyous optimism and total positivity...

August 10, 2018, 03:50:06 PM
Reply #14

GrantyBoy78

Yep, this window has certainly given everyone a lift.

I must admit, I was worried that we’d left ourselves too much to do and the Moshiri era was just going to fizzle-out. Fair play to Brands and Silva for getting us back on track.

Now, if we can just have the rib of the green in our first few games so players can settle in. I think momentum is so important, if we can get a couple of snidey wins while we get to grips with Marco’s philosophy, then we can have a great season.