September 18, 2019, 01:54:30 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 102589 times)

TheRam, Waltzer, eyesalwaysblue, youngysenior, Silas and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 08, 2019, 06:28:19 PM
Reply #1095

mikey_blue

January 08, 2019, 06:28:56 PM
Reply #1096

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I personally think I am the very picture of sanguine tranquility and i wish all Everton fans had the same long-term outlook that I do.

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 08, 2019, 07:47:07 PM
Reply #1097

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Issue isn’t criticism of form, games, situations in games.

It’s when additional tags along the lines of huge game for his future, credit running out etc are included that it moves from beyond detached criticism to the implication, intended or otherwise, that you want him sacked or are at least considering the prospect 6 months in.

January 08, 2019, 08:45:44 PM
Reply #1098

hannu

It’s when additional tags along the lines of huge game for his future, credit running out etc are included that it moves from beyond detached criticism to the implication, intended or otherwise, that you want him sacked or are at least considering the prospect 6 months in.

I will say, i dont want him sacked, i want him to come good

i am very concerned about him atm tho, we have been poor for a good few games now, the positive things we did earlier in the season have disappeared, the high pressing isnt working atm unlike earlier in the season we dont seem to win the ball up the pitch, creativity has stagnated, defending is awful atm

i am not yet convinced by him, he can have more time but he also needs to pull his finger out and get it working because its horrible to watch us play, thankfully tho i am away for 2 weeks with no phone newspapers tv etc next week so i can sit a few games out and hopefully things might be better when i get back

January 08, 2019, 09:36:42 PM
Reply #1099

Lxxx

Apart from some complete headcases on Twitter the majority of fans aren't anywhere close to suggesting that and certainly not on here. Expecting an uptick in form over the second half of the season is something that will be coming from the boardroom as well as the fanbase.

January 08, 2019, 11:06:48 PM
Reply #1100

markB

Apart from some complete headcases on Twitter the majority of fans aren't anywhere close to suggesting that and certainly not on here. Expecting an uptick in form over the second half of the season is something that will be coming from the boardroom as well as the fanbase.

we now have to play all the top 6 bar spurs at home , some will say playing them all away 1st as not helped in the 1st part of the season , I am of the other type not playing them at home gave us more teams at home we should be getting the 3 points of , now in the 2nd part of the season we have less teams at home we should be getting the 3 point of

for 4/5 years we have been chasing that 1st year under Roberto its like someone on drugs chasing that 1st high , we were to be getting something new with this managers and all some of us can see is more of the same shoehorning players into a system/style of play that is and has not worked for us is getting a bit boring

are best game of the season we played 3421 and a 1-5 win then shoehorned 2 players into that system and lost so its back to the old 4231 that has been working so fucking well for us in the last 4 years

he can be a nice guy that all the players love and talk great about all he wants for me its about a hell of a lot more than that and we are not getting that or looking like we are going to get it out of him …..YET

is it time to be calling for his head lol no that will be when this team that (and I quote) any manager would get Everton 8th fails to get 7/8th
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:49:10 AM by markB »

January 08, 2019, 11:31:53 PM
Reply #1101

stirlingblue

Issue isn't criticism of form, games, situations in games.

It's when additional tags along the lines of huge game for his future, credit running out etc are included that it moves from beyond detached criticism to the implication, intended or otherwise, that you want him sacked or are at least considering the prospect 6 months in.

It was me that used the phrase credit running out and I stand by it.

I’m by no means saying that I want him sacked, but let’s be honest it’s been 6 months of pretty dire football. Up until now he’s been kind of immune to criticism as he’s rightly being given time to implement his tactics but we don’t look any closer to what he’s trying to achieve than we did at the beginning of the season, arguably we we look even worse at it.

Arsenal was had a deeply ingrained way of playing and Emery has managed to change that in the same time period, so surely we should at least be seeing signs of progress by now?

January 08, 2019, 11:37:01 PM
Reply #1102

formerKHL

I think he’s looked at the squad and team set up over the first part of the season for me he’s now “tweaking” the midfield and forward line and is comfortable with who plays and how they set up. He does however need to go back to basics in the defensive team... the zonal marking is costing us dearly so either needs lots of work on with the same players ALL THE TIME on the training pitch.....or go man for man...I prefer man for man as feel we’ve got defenders with the right attributes to stop these leaky calamitous mistakes when defending particularly set pieces.....
Stop messing with the defensive line up choose your back four (or 3) stick with them and breed some confidence into the defensive unit....
Stop the goals leaking in and the losses become draws, the draws become wins......
Particularly if they buy well in the windows.....

January 08, 2019, 11:59:47 PM
Reply #1103

sam of the south

I’m by no means saying that I want him sacked, but let’s be honest it’s been 6 months of pretty dire football. Up until now he’s been kind of immune to criticism as he’s rightly being given time to implement his tactics but we don’t look any closer to what he’s trying to achieve than we did at the beginning of the season, arguably we we look even worse at it.

Arsenal was had a deeply ingrained way of playing and Emery has managed to change that in the same time period, so surely we should at least be seeing signs of progress by now?

Dire football?

Wow, we’ve clearly been watching a different game.

I think the attacking play has been excellent at times, just lacking in an end product unless it’s Richarlison or Sigurdsson.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 09, 2019, 12:06:01 AM
Reply #1104

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s sentences like dire football for six months that makes people not take some opinions seriously.

Balance, please, otherwise what’s the point?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 09, 2019, 12:11:22 AM
Reply #1105

Martip

I gotta be honest and say I don't see this massive upturn in our football. There's been the odd glimour but no where near enough yet for me.

Happy to give Marco time but I have to call it as I see it and despite 6 players we don't look much better yet.

What I would say is that a number of the people who are feeling a bit concerned at the lack of tangible process like me also praised Marco earlier in the season when it was deserved. It's certainly not a witch hunt from what I've seen just people reacting to what they 've seen on the pitch.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:12:48 AM by Martip »

January 09, 2019, 12:13:38 AM
Reply #1106

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nobody has said it’s a witch hunt, or that you can’t criticise him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 09, 2019, 02:02:38 AM
Reply #1107

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
I think people may have forgotten quite how awful we were last season under 3 different managers. It was shambolic, whatever spin people want to put on it now.

Maybe people forget as the football was so fucking turgid and it was difficult to find any enjoyment.

Pundits get paid to pick fault in every game. I wonder whether some just follow their example and can't let themselves just enjoy being a fan.
Surely people can't be as bored stiff or as angry as they were for most of last season? That must indicate you see some improvement and a way forward, at least.

Personally, I wanted to see pace and high pressing. I wanted to be able to see the players understanding what the manager wants and putting effort in for him. I wanted to see players not afraid to pass the ball and not afraid to receive the ball. To try and play out of trouble rather than just hoofing it and easily conceding possession.

I think I've seen all of that to varying degrees of success this season, but I didn't expect 4+ years of mostly shite "tactics", motivation and fitness to be all completely fixed by now.

We've had a rough few weeks, but we've watched some really promising football this season.
The derby was some of the best football I've seen us play against any of the top 6 in quite a few years, it's just the end of the game was such a kick in the guts.

Overall, I do think we're moving in the right direction.

January 09, 2019, 02:25:53 AM
Reply #1108

KoemansNumberTens

It’s sentences like dire football for six months that makes people not take some opinions seriously.

Balance, please, otherwise what’s the point?

Think we’ve had more poor performances than good 1s

January 09, 2019, 02:35:20 AM
Reply #1109

74Blue

With the greatest of respect, Arsenal have had a good number of years of CL football every season under Wenger, so we're not really comparing apples with apples here are we? They jave been a very good side for years, so the quality of the squad that Emery started with is naturally going to be better than the shitheap that Fat Sam left behind, which he largely inherited from Koeman.
The squad that Silva inherited at Everton was in turmoil. Arsenal at least had the basis of a decent squad for Emery to build from.