November 22, 2019, 12:15:29 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 144303 times)

January 27, 2019, 01:26:42 AM
Reply #1440

Martip

Then then score another from one.

January 27, 2019, 01:29:14 AM
Reply #1441

markB

I Know were I would put his fucking playbook

January 27, 2019, 01:31:57 AM
Reply #1442

BlueBeagle

Silvas playbook is more like a comedic horror story.

Clueless, bollockless stuff yet again.

"But we have made progress against bigger sides**"

** - Excluding the when we were obliterated by Spurs at home.

January 27, 2019, 01:58:30 AM
Reply #1443

Jamokachi

I honestly think, despite the new signings, that at the core of the team we're mentally weak. Ever since the derby you can see the confidence has just evaporated from the entire squad. There's a nucleus of players at this club that don't have fight in them, and it runs like poison through the rest. Silva's biggest task (and Brands to a degree) is to weed out these 'losers' and instil a winning mentality, and confidence in ability.

January 27, 2019, 02:07:09 AM
Reply #1444

BlueBeagle

The club has been bollockless for over 20 years.

Pressure? Crumble, without fail, no exceptions.

January 27, 2019, 02:11:16 AM
Reply #1445

NickNack

I’ve really no idea what he’s trying to achieve now. We don’t seem to press much, are toothless in attack, lightweight in midfield and absolutely shambolic in defence. He’s got some work to do before the end of the season to give us at least some idea of what to expect going forward

January 27, 2019, 02:12:31 AM
Reply #1446

Shogun

Administrator
We've got six months to work out a few issues now and I want to see Silva be a bit more ruthless to certain players that don't fit.

If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 then I want to see Bernard in the midfield. We saw it away at Leicester against ten men so I don't see why not here.

Pickford
Coleman CB CB Digne
Gana Gomes*
Lookman Bernard Richarlison
ST

*Sigurdsson against opposition that pose less threat.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing three at the back either.

Pickford
Keane Zouma Mina
Coleman Gomes Sigurdsson Digne
Lookman Richarlison Bernard

I prefer Richarlison out wide as well but he could work in that formation and there's no need for Gana if have the extra CB.

When you can't create chances against a struggling championship side with Gomes, Gylfi and Gana then something has to change and Davies/Schneiderlin won't make a difference imo.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:14:37 AM by Shogun »

January 27, 2019, 02:24:42 AM
Reply #1447

plumber

Any chance Silva might work on defending set pieces at some point this season ?

Considering Watford under him were shit at defending set pieces and are quite decent now, I'd say chances are not very good.

January 27, 2019, 02:32:08 AM
Reply #1448

KoemansNumberTens

Any chance Silva might work on defending set pieces at some point this season ?

In fairness he probably is. The only think is he’s told players who are very near the top of the game to forget the old skill and learn a new 1.

These players can defend set plays much better. Just not with zonal marking

Is an utterly pointless process. Best case is we lose a season or 2 so we can get as good at zonal marking as we were at man to man

January 27, 2019, 02:33:54 AM
Reply #1449

sam of the south

I honestly think, despite the new signings, that at the core of the team we're mentally weak. Ever since the derby you can see the confidence has just evaporated from the entire squad. There's a nucleus of players at this club that don't have fight in them, and it runs like poison through the rest. Silva's biggest task (and Brands to a degree) is to weed out these 'losers' and instil a winning mentality, and confidence in ability.

Which ones do you reckon are the ‘losers’?

Players like Bernard, Digne, and Richarlison are winners, or at least potential winners in my opinion.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2019, 02:36:09 AM
Reply #1450

sam of the south

We've got six months to work out a few issues now and I want to see Silva be a bit more ruthless to certain players that don't fit.

If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 then I want to see Bernard in the midfield. We saw it away at Leicester against ten men so I don't see why not here.

Pickford
Coleman CB CB Digne
Gana Gomes*
Lookman Bernard Richarlison
ST

*Sigurdsson against opposition that pose less threat.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing three at the back either.

Pickford
Keane Zouma Mina
Coleman Gomes Sigurdsson Digne
Lookman Richarlison Bernard

I prefer Richarlison out wide as well but he could work in that formation and there's no need for Gana if have the extra CB.

When you can't create chances against a struggling championship side with Gomes, Gylfi and Gana then something has to change and Davies/Schneiderlin won't make a difference imo.

Just what I said the other day, Away at Leicester when Bernard came central and Sigurdsson dropped deeper we looked so much better
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2019, 02:36:29 AM
Reply #1451

stirlingblue

Which ones do you reckon are the "losers'?

Players like Bernard, Digne, and Richarlison are winners, or at least potential winners in my opinion.

Richarlison os definitely a winner, fiercely competitive that lad

January 27, 2019, 02:51:57 AM
Reply #1452

KoemansNumberTens

On the bright side if the FA ever get round to looking at Watford’s claim against us they’ll probably find they owe us money

January 27, 2019, 02:53:00 AM
Reply #1453

Lxxx

Most of the players playing every week are new to the club over the past 18 months. You can’t keep on solely blaming players, old and new, for the same old failings.

We’ve just made poor appointments, one after the other, since Moyes left and a vacuum has been allowed to develop, from top to bottom.

Nothing a good managerial appointment can’t sort out, given time.

January 27, 2019, 03:56:11 AM
Reply #1454

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes Sigurdsson midfield genuinely insane asylum stuff.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.