November 13, 2019, 05:02:39 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 140591 times)

Silas and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 09, 2019, 01:14:31 AM
Reply #1590

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Davies isn't that fast but he is good at dropping a shoulder and beating a man

Yeah deffo.

One of my big issues with him is that he isn't physically capable of just creating distance between him and another player once he's shifted past them.

If you're not fast you have to be strong, but he ain't really either.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 09, 2019, 01:25:17 AM
Reply #1591

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah deffo.

One of my big issues with him is that he isn't physically capable of just creating distance between him and another player once he's shifted past them.

If you're not fast you have to be strong, but he ain't really either.

Positioning of the ball away from the man key here.

Am sure he’ll pick this up as he develops.

Will probably be able to bulk up a bit too

February 09, 2019, 01:43:15 AM
Reply #1592

kramer0

Or he might not end up being spectacular at any one thing.

There's nothing wrong with a midfielder who involves himself in matches and does everything at a decent level.

For a midfield that is basically devoid of well-rounded players, we need Tom Davies. He should be picking up every minute he's fit enough for from now until the end of the season.

February 09, 2019, 04:11:07 AM
Reply #1593

eyesalwaysblue

Turning out very well is Davies especially when you consider the cluster fuck of managers the last couple of years, at such a vital time in his development.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 10, 2019, 04:42:54 PM
Reply #1594

Nicco

Maybe offer 20 million to Fat Sam to come help out as a defensive coach for 3 months. Ok 25 mil :)
He is still on our payroll...

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

February 12, 2019, 04:13:19 PM
Reply #1595

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
42 PL players classed as attacking midfielders in the dataset I'm using. Which Everton player is the 4th most creative in the league (>1000 mins played) for open play key passes

From that stop bunching fella on twitter.

The answer was Bernard.

Good old gylfi came 35th out of 42 lol.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 12, 2019, 04:17:24 PM
Reply #1596

Martip

42 PL players classed as attacking midfielders in the dataset I'm using. Which Everton player is the 4th most creative in the league (>1000 mins played) for open play key passes

The answer was Bernard.

This is all good and well but he doesn't get enough assists or any goals which are the key benchmarks surely ?

February 12, 2019, 04:23:22 PM
Reply #1597

KoemansNumberTens

The answer was Bernard.

We’ve really got to get sigurdsson out of the team.

February 12, 2019, 04:53:31 PM
Reply #1598

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Which Everton attacking midfielder provides more tackles+interceptions per 90 than any other attacking midfielder in the league?

Bernard again.....
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 12, 2019, 04:59:32 PM
Reply #1599

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder why he hasnt been starting or coming on off the bench ?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

February 12, 2019, 05:07:31 PM
Reply #1600

Shogun

Administrator
Bernard has been playing as a wide man tbf.

Don’t know if that means those stats reflect better on him or worse.

February 12, 2019, 05:16:55 PM
Reply #1601

Macca77

We're shit lads, the sooner you come to terms with that fact the happier you will be, embrace the shitness

February 12, 2019, 05:21:25 PM
Reply #1602

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like Bernard, he is a very creative player & is on 3 (+1 for Leicester so 4 really) assists for the year which isn't bad, same as firmino, brooks, Silva, Madison, Barkley.

His shot map is terrible though, doesn't offer much goal threat at the moment and he does fall over a lot which fans never like.

I'm circling back to Richarlison up front so we can get more talented players on the pitch. Lesser of evils in regards to our strikers isn't it and we have actually managed to win games with Richarlison up there.

Bernard Richarlison Lookman

It's a ball losing machine with nobody to make it stick but, it's more talent, more 1v1 players and there's pace about it.

Play a nice settled three man midfield behind and get gylfi off to Shendong.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 12, 2019, 05:23:30 PM
Reply #1603

TrevorSteven

The answer was Bernard.

Why am I not surprised? Reading too many complaints about Bernard slipping etc...but fact is that he is the only player who manages to open oppositions defence...If Sigurdsson is to play he should play deeper. I am convinced that we should play with Richarlison, Tosun, Lookman and Bernard behind them. But what does it matter as long as we always gonna get set-pieces against us...:)

February 12, 2019, 05:31:23 PM
Reply #1604

TrevorSteven

I think Sigurdssons interview today is most of all telling us that we´re f..ked and never gonna find form again before the end of the season. It is ofcourse no use in sacking Silva with so little left of the season - let him have the chance to show that he can turn it all around - but I don´t believe in it and quotes like this make me even less convinced...

"We've always felt we are doing the right things and we are working hard," he said.
"That's why it's so frustrating when you're not getting the results but I think the team is more than confident of finishing the season off really strongly.
"It is a process when a new manager comes in and I think he's doing a very good job."

What god wants, god gets, god help us all!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-makes-everton-vow-15811632