October 17, 2019, 12:05:49 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126688 times)

September 23, 2019, 12:01:58 AM
Reply #2265

Lxxx

That's not risking the immediate future of the club. It's maintaining our traditions if anything!

FFS of course we’re not talking about the financial future!

We’re talking about another season in the wilderness, at best. Which impacts on the immediate plans we have for developing a brand to complement the commercial push to help with the new stadium.

September 23, 2019, 12:03:54 AM
Reply #2266

Mayor Farnum

FFS of course we’re not talking about the financial future!

We’re talking about another season in the wilderness, at best. Which impacts on the immediate plans we have for developing a brand to complement the commercial push to help with the new stadium.

We were getting seventh at the very best. We can still make the top ten, nothing is compromised.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 23, 2019, 12:14:37 AM
Reply #2267

KoemansNumberTens

We were getting seventh at the very best. We can still make the top ten, nothing is compromised.

If we finish 7th and a big distance from any of the top 6 that are competent this season and next is silva getting a new contract?

I think the decision has pretty much already been made now barring a miracle that he’s not the man for us long term. So really what’s the point of carrying on down this road

September 23, 2019, 02:52:19 AM
Reply #2268

Cereal Killer

Ahahahhahaah

Should’ve kept Allardyce

Fuck sake  :Horse:

September 23, 2019, 04:32:13 AM
Reply #2269

KoemansNumberTens

Ahahahhahaah

Should’ve kept Allardyce

Fuck sake  :Horse:

Well his contract would be running out now. We’d have saved 10 million and probably lost nothing. Not much point replacing 1 shit manager with another (with hindsight)

September 23, 2019, 04:34:32 AM
Reply #2270

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hahahah

Imagine the team we’d have now if we had Allardyce and Walsh.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 23, 2019, 04:38:14 AM
Reply #2271

Cereal Killer

Well his contract would be running out now. We’d have saved 10 million and probably lost nothing. Not much point replacing 1 shit manager with another (with hindsight)

We’d have saved £10m (which let’s be honest is peanuts at the moment), our squad would be full of players aged 30+ who were generally shit but getting paid a ton and we may have even seen a shot on target by this stage of the season

September 23, 2019, 04:39:01 AM
Reply #2272

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Crowds would’ve reached sub 30k as well.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 23, 2019, 07:09:58 AM
Reply #2273

Ramjam

My biggest concern is that another shit season and we will lose Richarlison and possibly Bernard and Digne if a top club comes calling as the future here looks as bleak as a wet weekend in Stoke

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 23, 2019, 10:40:35 AM
Reply #2274

Lxxx

You think players like Digne are going to see ‘making the top ten’ as a reason for sticking around?

September 23, 2019, 01:29:21 PM
Reply #2275

stirlingblue

It’s always going to be a hard ask to have us push the top 6 consistently, but as a few posters have pointed out we have a new stadium to fill and if we can’t fill it by European football then we should at least try to be entertaining.

From a neutral perspective our games are pretty boring to watch, would love to see some attacking, entertaining football.

People knock Eddie Howe because he teams are good for getting pumped every now and again but they’re a massively more fun watch than the dross we serve up, and isn’t that the point?

September 23, 2019, 01:35:16 PM
Reply #2276

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
My biggest concern is that another shit season and we will lose Richarlison and possibly Bernard and Digne if a top club comes calling as the future here looks as bleak as a wet weekend in Stoke

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

If you sack Silva you would probably lose Richarlison to the first club that came calling.

September 23, 2019, 02:52:43 PM
Reply #2277

Faceatthefence

If you sack Silva you would probably lose Richarlison to the first club that came calling.
Silva,s presence at the club wont stop him moving on this season or any other,its Silva,s job make the club competative in the league and europe to give players the reason to stay.Currently those reasons are in tatters,and this club needs to stop sleepwalking in the land of mediocre.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 23, 2019, 03:21:20 PM
Reply #2278

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I do think when he goes Richarlison will likely drop off even more, unless you can get someone who can connect with him quickly.

Can we afford a year without him at least pulling his tripe out, maybe not...squad starts looking even more flimsy in terms of firepower when you lose him.

I personally think he will be sold for a profit next summer.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 23, 2019, 04:37:53 PM
Reply #2279

Waltzer

I do think when he goes Richarlison will likely drop off even more, unless you can get someone who can connect with him quickly.

Can we afford a year without him at least pulling his tripe out, maybe not...squad starts looking even more flimsy in terms of firepower when you lose him.

I personally think he will be sold for a profit next summer.
Don't see it at all. Theres something called professional pride, no chance he is falling off after getting himself into the Brazil squad. Imo if you think Richarlison thinks his career will be made by his relationship with Silva and Everton then I don't think it could be further from the truth. He'll work hard irrespective to cement his place in the National squad and get a bigger move eventually.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app