November 15, 2019, 04:42:51 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 141352 times)

October 12, 2019, 11:17:14 PM
Reply #2775

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Open play expected assists.

One Everton player in the top 20, Digne.

Barkley and Deulofeu miles ahead of anyone we have in midfield  :'(

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 13, 2019, 01:14:57 AM
Reply #2776

Ravardo

Im still gutted about barkley to be honest,, i would love to see him in middle of our midfield a player who is actually capable of passing the ball forwards although i cant see why our mids dont actually do that anyway bar tactically,,,another player weve not replaced

October 13, 2019, 02:15:29 AM
Reply #2777

sam of the south

Im still gutted about barkley to be honest,, i would love to see him in middle of our midfield a player who is actually capable of passing the ball forwards although i cant see why our mids dont actually do that anyway bar tactically,,,another player weve not replaced

Yeah, we really haven’t replaced him.

Not only did he get into double figures for goals and assists that season, but he was also constantly involved, and he always looked to play positively, before his confidence dissipated.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 13, 2019, 04:57:51 AM
Reply #2778

arteta4spain

Yeah, we really haven't replaced him.

Not only did he get into double figures for goals and assists that season, but he was also constantly involved, and he always looked to play positively, before his confidence dissipated.
We haven’t really replaced the spine of the team tbf, Jags, (Keane and Mina aren’t fit to lace his boots and too early to see if Gbamin can do it) Gana (although Gbamin is the replacement is making up numbers or technically good enough to fill a very big Gana void. Barkley ( Sigurdsson? ) and Lukaku ( don’t think Keans gonna do it. Tosun? 🤦‍♂️ if he ever gets a game)
I think therein lies the problem there’s no spine to the team. Shape wise and mentally too come to think of it!

October 13, 2019, 01:27:30 PM
Reply #2779

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We haven’t really replaced the spine of the team tbf, Jags, (Keane and Mina aren’t fit to lace his boots and too early to see if Gbamin can do it) Gana (although Gbamin is the replacement is making up numbers or technically good enough to fill a very big Gana void. Barkley ( Sigurdsson? ) and Lukaku ( don’t think Keans gonna do it. Tosun? 🤦‍♂️ if he ever gets a game)
I think therein lies the problem there’s no spine to the team. Shape wise and mentally too come to think of it!

Sad thing is even when we had Jags, Gana, Barkley and Lukaku we were shit.

October 13, 2019, 02:04:40 PM
Reply #2780

Toddacelli

He's gone when silva goes, I think if he has a good year 10+ goals we can sell at a healthy profit in the summer.

Really need him to have another good year though.

Hopefully we'll get someone in that he is excited to work for and can convince him that he still needs to 'earn' a big money move by proving himself here first.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 13, 2019, 02:08:42 PM
Reply #2781

Toddacelli

If Delph is fit :

Pickford

Sidibie Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Delph Iwobi

Richarlison Kean Bernard
If Delph is not fit :

Pickford

Sidibie Keane Mina Digne

Davies Gomes Iwobi

Richarlison Kean Bernard

Gomes is horrible defensively so in this one you are relying on us controlling the ball a lot and tactically fouling as soon as they break, but both of these sides would give us more between the lines, more movement and more options on the fly.

Brap for Manager!

With one change - Richarlison and Bernard swap flanks.

Richarlison has only ever had the good form cutting inside and Bernard is clearly a clever and technical enough player that he can play the same way.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 16, 2019, 08:48:25 PM
Reply #2782

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A look at what's going on at an individual performance level from Smarter Scout.

Nb: stats based.

(p.s. Check out Yerry Mina's defending score)

https://twitter.com/smarterscout/status/1184459602055909378?s=19
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 16, 2019, 09:13:06 PM
Reply #2783

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes big yerald.

No big mick. Please go away.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 16, 2019, 09:13:38 PM
Reply #2784

Ravardo

Defensive midfielders that dont defend seems a bit harsh schneiderlins amazing at defending fresh air and when we lose the ball he always runs away from the ball and takes position as a defender,,,every report like these always picks schneiderlin as our weak spot,, the other week it was he lets our high press down by pressing fresh air which allows them to attack us...how the fuck is this twat still playing

October 17, 2019, 01:35:54 AM
Reply #2785

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Should Everton Stick with Marco Silva?

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/should-everton-stick-or-twist-with-marco-silva/

More stats looks at the L4 Azzuri

October 17, 2019, 02:07:26 AM
Reply #2786

sam of the south

A look at what's going on at an individual performance level from Smarter Scout.

Nb: stats based.

(p.s. Check out Yerry Mina's defending score)

https://twitter.com/smarterscout/status/1184459602055909378?s=19

This is a comforting paragraph:

“Now, let's look at the skill ratings in duels. Keane, Digne, and Coleman are mediocre tacklers, and Keane is weak in the air on dead balls. Also, Schneiderlin, Delph, and Gomes have been vulnerable on the dribble, which is not what you want in the middle of the park.”
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 17, 2019, 02:08:54 AM
Reply #2787

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is a comforting paragraph:

“Now, let's look at the skill ratings in duels. Keane, Digne, and Coleman are mediocre tacklers, and Keane is weak in the air on dead balls. Also, Schneiderlin, Delph, and Gomes have been vulnerable on the dribble, which is not what you want in the middle of the park.”

Bears out in why we see as well.

Keane v long balls is alright, but against movement or a standing dead ball he's shocking.

Schneiderlin Delph and Gomes literally cannot handle someone running at them as they're all running in quick sand and bad 1 v 1.

Thought the Gueye stuff in the statsbomb article was interesting as well. The sheer amount of tackles and interceptions he made patched up the whole middle of the pitch, and regardless of who we put in it just won't fill that hole.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 02:15:57 AM by brap2 »

October 17, 2019, 02:10:55 AM
Reply #2788

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Keane isn’t good at the things he’s supposed to be good at.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 17, 2019, 02:19:56 AM
Reply #2789

Cozzie

I fail to see what Keane is good at.

Unless he has someone like Zouma or Mee holding his hand hes not even an average defender.