December 08, 2019, 11:04:53 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 150614 times)

November 13, 2019, 09:11:43 PM
Reply #3060

Toffee Tuesdays

It’s horrible. Makes him sound like he’s your bitch. Change it. Preferably to Iwobi. You know, his name.

Don't talk about my Wobesy like that!  :wag: >:(

November 13, 2019, 09:14:35 PM
Reply #3061

sam of the south

It’s horrible. Makes him sound like he’s your bitch. Change it. Preferably to Iwobi. You know, his name.

That’s in your warped mind, sunbeam.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 13, 2019, 09:22:56 PM
Reply #3062

VBlue

That’s in your warped mind, sunbeam.

You stroke his dreads whilst spooning him and calling him Wobes. There, there Wobes - you’ll get another spot in the 10 if you just keep playing well

November 13, 2019, 09:28:11 PM
Reply #3063

Bluedylan

You stroke his dreads whilst spooning him and calling him Wobes. There, there Wobes - you’ll get another spot in the 10 if you just keep playing well

Jealousy's not an attractive personality trait. You'd spoon the Wobester as well, if you could.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 13, 2019, 09:33:52 PM
Reply #3064

Evertonian in NC

I've come around on "Wobes" - sounds like a cheeky, "puppy love" kind of nickname.

Then again, my semi-approval just makes things worse for the Wobes Brigade.  :D
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

November 13, 2019, 09:34:41 PM
Reply #3065

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I could put our mildly mediocre / fairly unpleasing start down to 2 things. Crap finishing and bad luck. That's not to say Silva shouldn't take some of the blame, but VAR has effectively taken the points from us that would leave us 5th.

BUT. We are 3 points off of 5th and are in the league cup QF, so no matter how bad results have been, it's still a chance to forget what has happened (albeit learn from mistakes), move on, and try to get a good run under our belts. A good run in December, i.e. not losing too many, should put us in a really good position for the rest of the season. Anfield could be a catalyst either way for us.

I know it is a positive spin on things, but I really do think we could still have a decent season. Norwich is a huge game for us given the horrendous run of fixtures after that.

November 13, 2019, 09:40:13 PM
Reply #3066

sam of the south

You must have me mistaken for Big Marcel.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 13, 2019, 09:51:53 PM
Reply #3067

YankeeBlue214

I could put our mildly mediocre / fairly unpleasing start down to 2 things. Crap finishing and bad luck. That's not to say Silva shouldn't take some of the blame, but VAR has effectively taken the points from us that would leave us 5th.

BUT. We are 3 points off of 5th and are in the league cup QF, so no matter how bad results have been, it's still a chance to forget what has happened (albeit learn from mistakes), move on, and try to get a good run under our belts. A good run in December, i.e. not losing too many, should put us in a really good position for the rest of the season. Anfield could be a catalyst either way for us.

I know it is a positive spin on things, but I really do think we could still have a decent season. Norwich is a huge game for us given the horrendous run of fixtures after that.

Because I'm currently unemployed and have nothing better to do, I took a look at all the games for matchday 13, with various outcomes. Assuming we defeat Norwich (they're 0-1-5 away with a -11 gd and have been clean sheet'd 5 times), we could be as high as 8th heading into the December gauntlet!
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 16, 2019, 12:29:26 AM
Reply #3068

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 16, 2019, 12:36:04 AM
Reply #3069

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 16, 2019, 01:36:04 AM
Reply #3070

BlueForYou

There's only one Obi-Wan Iwobi
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 16, 2019, 08:33:43 PM
Reply #3071

dazfrancis

LESS POSITIVE DATA CHAT

https://twitter.com/insightMrkt/status/1195388797342629889?s=19

How is our xG spread across our games? It felt like early on in the season we were creating zero to little clear cut chances per game, since West Ham we have certainly created more but I'm still surprised it's such a high average for season to date.

Are we that awful at finishing?

November 16, 2019, 08:36:41 PM
Reply #3072

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How is our xG spread across our games? It felt like early on in the season we were creating zero to little clear cut chances per game, since West Ham we have certainly created more but I'm still surprised it's such a high average for season to date.

Are we that awful at finishing?

There's a rolling trend line with explanation in @TheRam 's post above of the statsbomb article if you can be assed

November 16, 2019, 09:35:01 PM
Reply #3073

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Would rather put up good defensive numbers than attacking numbers.

Probably no basis to it but I think good defensive numbers will come through more than good attacking numbers.

More about the set up of the team, than individual players isn’t it.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 16, 2019, 10:10:45 PM
Reply #3074

YankeeBlue214

Would rather put up good defensive numbers than attacking numbers.

Probably no basis to it but I think good defensive numbers will come through more than good attacking numbers.

More about the set up of the team, than individual players isn’t it.

Would you believe we rank 3rd in the EPL in fewest shots allowed per game? It speaks to a different problem, but our defense overall hasn't been bad.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana