September 17, 2019, 11:11:49 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 101827 times)

Glory and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 04, 2018, 10:05:52 PM
Reply #450

eyesalwaysblue

Silva has pretty much made up his mind, outward bound -

Niasse (Jan)
Tosun (Jan)
Schneiderlin (Jan)
Lookman (Jan)
Dowell (Jan)

Holgate, Kenny and McCarthy - uncertain

Stek, Jags and Bainsey - end of season
This from the horses mouth?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2018, 10:08:22 PM
Reply #451

BlueForYou

No

Prediction
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 04, 2018, 10:16:08 PM
Reply #452

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think Lookman and Tosun are uncertain as well.

January is too tight to be offloading en masse.
Can deffo see deals sending out the other 3 though

November 04, 2018, 10:20:29 PM
Reply #453

eyesalwaysblue

No

Prediction
Well with the quality of the inward last window, would be hard to argue whatever they decide..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2018, 10:29:08 PM
Reply #454

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Now that we’ve had a chance to see what Silva is about, it’s mad to think that, having failed to get him last year, Moshiri’s backup plan was Allardyce.

November 04, 2018, 10:31:47 PM
Reply #455

gizzblue

I trust completely Marco and Marcel ...one window and the miracles work already . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

November 05, 2018, 12:17:51 AM
Reply #456

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Now that we’ve had a chance to see what Silva is about, it’s mad to think that, having failed to get him last year, Moshiri’s backup plan was Allardyce.

Wasn’t back up as in like for like.

He wanted Silva but having not been able to get him, he went for guaranteed safety while he waited for him.

November 05, 2018, 12:30:45 AM
Reply #457

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn’t back up as in like for like.

He wanted Silva but having not been able to get him, he went for guaranteed safety while he waited for him.

You reckon it was always a short term hire?

Didn’t feel like that at the time. I guess we’ll never know.

November 05, 2018, 12:33:18 AM
Reply #458

BlueForYou

Guaranteed it wasn't long term

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 05, 2018, 12:47:18 AM
Reply #459

Ross

Guaranteed it wasn't long term

So we just gave him the extra year of his contract as a bonus then?

Or should that be an added bonus on top of his £2m bonus for recusing us from 11th that is.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 05, 2018, 01:31:34 AM
Reply #460

Paddockoldie

Or should that be an added bonus on top of his £2m bonus for recusing us from 11th that is.

He was a major panic buy so had us by the short and curlies. I think that's why he kept saying things like "planning for next season" as a way of winding the fans up and letting Moshiri know that was the deal and to break it he wants paying out. Utter twat and a stain on this club for sure. Better times ahead is all I can focus on now.

November 05, 2018, 01:56:04 AM
Reply #461

terrydarracotsbaldpate

No

Prediction
Can't see him letting Tosun or Lookman going unless we get replacements in.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 05, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
Reply #462

Toffee_4_Life

We offered him a 6 month contract as soon as we couldn't get Marco. He refused and said he wanted 18 months. We shopped around for a but then went back for him and offered him the 18 months. It definitely wasn't a long term plan, he knew it and wanted the extra pay off in the summer. Hard to blame him to be fair.

November 05, 2018, 02:18:25 AM
Reply #463

Ross

He was a major panic buy so had us by the short and curlies. I think that's why he kept saying things like "planning for next season" as a way of winding the fans up and letting Moshiri know that was the deal and to break it he wants paying out. Utter twat and a stain on this club for sure. Better times ahead is all I can focus on now.

Not a great idea sacking somebody without having a replacement lined up nevermind alternatives. There’s a World of difference between Silva and Allardyce and plenty of other options in between.

What would have happened if Watford hadn’t have sacked Silva?

We offered him a 6 month contract as soon as we couldn't get Marco. He refused and said he wanted 18 months. We shopped around for a but then went back for him and offered him the 18 months. It definitely wasn't a long term plan, he knew it and wanted the extra pay off in the summer. Hard to blame him to be fair.

Are you really suggesting there was nobody else between Allardyce and Silva?

If he was such a short term strategy and given the money he’s been paid and paid off with Moshiri made him the highest paid football manager in the world for 6 months work.

It’s mind blowing madness especially considering we were and are still paying Koeman.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 05, 2018, 02:31:11 AM
Reply #464

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Not a great idea sacking somebody without having a replacement lined up nevermind alternatives. There’s a World of difference between Silva and Allardyce and plenty of other options in between.

What would have happened if Watford hadn’t have sacked Silva?

Are you really suggesting there was nobody else between Allardyce and Silva?

If he was such a short term strategy and given the money he’s been paid and paid off with Moshiri made him the highest paid football manager in the world for 6 months work.

It’s mind blowing madness especially considering we were and are still paying Koeman.

#moshiriout