December 13, 2018, 03:03:29 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 28435 times)

Hesmenos, Ramjam and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 12, 2018, 09:31:13 PM
Reply #60

eyesalwaysblue

Getting panned here!

Neither are issues for the squad where we are at the minute so barely worth thinking about but Coleman has deffo made my list with that pass.

Gylfi, like Walcott and Coleman actually, is a very good player, he’s a prem standard reliable player and I’m glad we have him in the side.

Hopefully when we’re settled a place will naturally show for him in the side, but as it stands I just don’t really know where he’s going to be.

This drop into CM isn’t going to happen. I thought Koeman had it planned for him but clearly not, we keep saying silva might but he’s not played there once.

We have a slow, classic number 10 playing in a side that doesn’t play with a number 10, and wants to break with pace...
Your'e only doing what proper staff have to do, plan for when players are done or need upgrading, you might be a bit too revolutionary for some but keep on trucking..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 12, 2018, 09:52:39 PM
Reply #61

sam of the south

Getting panned here!

Neither are issues for the squad where we are at the minute so barely worth thinking about but Coleman has deffo made my list with that pass.

Gylfi, like Walcott and Coleman actually, is a very good player, he’s a prem standard reliable player and I’m glad we have him in the side.

Hopefully when we’re settled a place will naturally show for him in the side, but as it stands I just don’t really know where he’s going to be.

This drop into CM isn’t going to happen. I thought Koeman had it planned for him but clearly not, we keep saying silva might but he’s not played there once.

We have a slow, classic number 10 playing in a side that doesn’t play with a number 10, and wants to break with pace...

I think Coleman is still top class in the main, and Walcott is still pacy and intelligent (despite what was generally said about him before I had a reason to scrutinise him every week)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 12, 2018, 10:01:21 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think some of it is to get a reaction tbh. It's a bit nonsensical and scattergun at times.
Think youre way off. But thats not really an anomaly.

Annoyed me a bit these two actually - I know it shouldn’t but there we go.

Explain if you can - what have I said so nonesensical or so way off?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 12, 2018, 10:05:51 PM
Reply #63

Mayor Farnum

Coleman needs to be a little more consistent and decisive with his end product. There was also the weak shot in the first half when he had space and options in the box. 
He's shone in a struggling team for a few years and I think he can be a big part of an improving team with a little more composure.

August 12, 2018, 10:41:36 PM
Reply #64

BlueForYou

Plenty of proper discussion, there is, Jamokachi

Take a look at "Everton Zoum In" and "Goodison For Gomez?"

Don't see many factual topics started by you, recently - you should try it, sometime....................
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 12, 2018, 11:07:50 PM
Reply #65

Martip

I reckon Walcott has still got plenty to give this team....quality player.

August 12, 2018, 11:08:18 PM
Reply #66

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not having that Coleman shout. Defensively, I thought he was superb yesterday. It was the first game of the season, I'll forgive him for that pass.

Walcott will get better as he gets games in - I don't think he played much during pre-season? However I just don't think he'll string enough games together because he's made out of glass, so I can see what you're saying.

August 12, 2018, 11:17:55 PM
Reply #67

sam of the south

Yeah, struck me as a tad harsh.

We should all take off our shirts and kiss.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 12, 2018, 11:41:03 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Walcott scores two yesterday if his teammates are up to it. Nothing wrong with his game, he's had no pre season and will be one of our better players if we start to shift the ball at pace with a bit of invention.

August 12, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Reply #69

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Just some of the 'flapping' (hate the use of this word) over the past couple of weeks and certain writing off players like Coleman etc seems to be way over the top.

Like you Brap, so not having a go, prob didnt need to add the anomaly part.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 12, 2018, 11:59:58 PM
Reply #70

eyesalwaysblue

Walcott scores two yesterday if his teammates are up to it. Nothing wrong with his game, he's had no pre season and will be one of our better players if we start to shift the ball at pace with a bit of invention.
He has everything to achieve it, he always has ability wise.

August 13, 2018, 12:06:57 AM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

Just think you're being relentlessly negative at the moment, and when one of your negative concerns is dealt with, you quickly move onto another.

You've been going on all pre-season like we're close to meltdown, and now that's clearly not the case, you appear to have moved onto writing off half of the first team (in my eyes, without any justification).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 13, 2018, 12:17:36 AM
Reply #72

eyesalwaysblue

Just some of the 'flapping' (hate the use of this word) over the past couple of weeks and certain writing off players like Coleman etc seems to be way over the top.

Like you Brap, so not having a go, prob didnt need to add the anomaly part.
Where's Coleman been written off? maybe wondering if he'll get back to his best after what he's been through that's about it, probably one of the most loved players ever, teams that stay at the top plan well ahead for every position, it's just normal.

August 13, 2018, 12:17:38 AM
Reply #73

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The Coleman shout is mad.

Obviously has his limitations, but he’s still one of the best full backs in the league for me.

Mouldered himself into a very good, modern day full back.

Have to say @brap2 I always enjoy your posts but you’re writing off and dismissing a lot of players for me.

August 13, 2018, 12:24:59 AM
Reply #74

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Where's Coleman been written off? maybe wondering if he'll get back to his best after what he's been through that's about it, probably one of the most loved players ever, teams that stay at the top plan well ahead for every position, it's just normal.

Brap has been writing players off all over the shop for a while. Just see the other posters agreeing...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!