September 17, 2019, 11:11:38 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 101826 times)

Glory and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 16, 2018, 12:43:58 AM
Reply #675

kramer0

Don't see any reason why Calvert-Lewin shouldn't be starting.

He works hard, his movement is generally good, and he frees up Richarlison to play a more natural role.

Also, we tend to play a fuck ton of crosses so it might be a good idea to have someone else in the box who can get on the end of them.

December 16, 2018, 01:15:22 AM
Reply #676

eyesalwaysblue

He works hard, his movement is generally good, and he frees up Richarlison to play a more natural role.

Also, we tend to play a fuck ton of crosses so it might be a good idea to have someone else in the box who can get on the end of them.
Is a "Fuck Ton" a measurement we'll be using after Brexit?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 16, 2018, 01:42:40 AM
Reply #677

Martip

I'm not a massive fan of dcl but id give him a few games and move Richarlison back to left wing where's he's most effective.

December 16, 2018, 01:45:36 AM
Reply #678

gizzblue

DCL played well today ...took his chance despite a deflection ...he does deserve more starts ....

Also I notice nobody really mentioned Guaye was missing today ...didn't think we missed him at all tbh ...maybe its time to start playing a bit more expansive in the middle .
Born not made a blue .

December 16, 2018, 01:48:45 AM
Reply #679

Martip

DCL played well today ...took his chance despite a deflection ...he does deserve more starts ....

Also I notice nobody really mentioned Guaye was missing today ...didn't think we missed him at all tbh ...maybe its time to start playing a bit more expansive in the middle .
I disagree as I thought we missed him massively....

December 16, 2018, 01:49:35 AM
Reply #680

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
DCL played well and got a goal.

No reason not to play him now. Needs to be accepted that he’s going to have a stinker now and then but he has not had a good run in a good team, in his proper position.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 16, 2018, 01:52:11 AM
Reply #681

gizzblue

I didn't tbh comparative on shots ..the three more than coped ...aside Mina obvious mistake ....it was city after all .
Born not made a blue .

December 16, 2018, 01:53:01 AM
Reply #682

gizzblue

Fair enough mate .
i didn't tbh, comparative on shots ..the three at the back coped ...aside Mina obvious mistake ....it was city after all .
Born not made a blue .

December 16, 2018, 02:04:08 AM
Reply #683

Martip

Fair enough mate .
i didn't tbh, comparative on shots ..the three at the back coped ...aside Mina obvious mistake ....it was city after all .
I thought we missed his ball winning in midfield although you are totally right it's hard to compare city away to other games !

December 16, 2018, 02:08:18 AM
Reply #684

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
DCL played well and got a goal.

No reason not to play him now. Needs to be accepted that he’s going to have a stinker now and then but he has not had a good run in a good team, in his proper position.

Thought he played well once there were balls to chase into the channel etc.

Prior to that he didn’t offer a physical presence and lay offs etc were in keeping with everyone else’s passing accuracy.

But Spurs is likely to need similar runs/ pace in behind so I wouldn’t be averse to sticking with him for that one (and hopefully we’ll be on the front foot more so we can get a better assessment).

December 16, 2018, 04:25:16 AM
Reply #685

Ramjam

Thought he played well once there were balls to chase into the channel etc.

Prior to that he didn't offer a physical presence and lay offs etc were in keeping with everyone else's passing accuracy.

But Spurs is likely to need similar runs/ pace in behind so I wouldn't be averse to sticking with him for that one (and hopefully we'll be on the front foot more so we can get a better assessment).
Front foot against Spurs, I don’t think so mate, they’ll tear us a new one, they are on par with the two front runners
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 16, 2018, 04:46:38 AM
Reply #686

Shogun

Administrator
Front foot against Spurs, I don’t think so mate, they’ll tear us a new one, they are on par with the two front runners

Well we haven't played a top side at home this season and done pretty well away in terms of performance so who knows.

Last season Silva managed:

Liverpool 3-3
Man City 0-6 (...)
Arsenal 2-1
Man United 2-4
Tottenham 1-1

and at Hull...

Liverpool 2-0
Man United 2-1
Tottenham 7-1 (..)

Hoping we don't concede five or seven  like but some good results there.

December 16, 2018, 03:14:19 PM
Reply #687

Ramjam

Well we haven't played a top side at home this season and done pretty well away in terms of performance so who knows.

Last season Silva managed:

Liverpool 3-3
Man City 0-6 (...)
Arsenal 2-1
Man United 2-4
Tottenham 1-1

and at Hull...

Liverpool 2-0
Man United 2-1
Tottenham 7-1 (..)

Hoping we don't concede five or seven  like but some good results there.
Spurs are miles ahead of us mate, if we can’t beat West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle or Watford at home what chance do we have against a Champions League team who are winning every week domestically?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 16, 2018, 03:42:49 PM
Reply #688

gizzblue

Spurs are miles ahead of us mate, if we can’t beat West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle or Watford at home what chance do we have against a Champions League team who are winning every week domestically?

The same spurs team who fluked a late winner yesterday ....
We need to change our mentality ...we've beaten these teams before with a shitter squad ...we've been close to all the top teams this year reffed out of a couple and the shite late goal fiasco ....yesterday would've been well easier if 'easy' chances were taken ...same with Arsenal game .
Born not made a blue .

December 16, 2018, 11:34:47 PM
Reply #689

kramer0

I'd really like to see Silva drop Sigurdsson once or twice over the holiday period, just to get some information about how we fare without him.

GK: Pickford
RB: Coleman
CB: Keane
CB: Mina
LB: Digne
DM: Gana
CM: Gomes
CM: Bernard (easier match, creativity needed) / Davies (harder match, extra control needed)
RW: Lookman (easier match, just to get him some game time) / Walcott (harder match, extra discipline needed)
CF: Calvert-Lewin
LW: Richarlison (could swap flanks with Lookman in easier matches)