December 07, 2019, 10:19:58 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 150349 times)

December 16, 2018, 11:53:42 PM
Reply #690

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The same spurs team who fluked a late winner yesterday ....
We need to change our mentality ...we've beaten these teams before with a shitter squad ...we've been close to all the top teams this year reffed out of a couple and the shite late goal fiasco ....yesterday would've been well easier if 'easy' chances were taken ...same with Arsenal game .

Spurs are miles ahead of us mate, if we can’t beat West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle or Watford at home what chance do we have against a Champions League team who are winning every week domestically?

Not about whether we’re as good over a season.

Spurs will come to win the game so the issues vs Newcastle or whoever wont be as prevalent.

We’ve looked better in away games because there’s been more space, which suits us getting it out wide etc.

We need to look at this as a winnable game.

December 17, 2018, 01:53:17 AM
Reply #691

Dr. Sponge

I’ve been impressed with Silva this season, I think 9 times out of 10 he’s got the right team selection and tactics. If we had a worthy striker we’d be right in the top 6 fight.

This first home game against a top side will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 20, 2018, 02:26:50 PM
Reply #692

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Middle of the pack in terms of ‘bypassed defenders’ vs ‘defenders bypassed’.

Literally first time I’ve ever seen this metric, but - get Lookman on the pitch and we fly up that table.

We’re not THAT far off the big sides in terms of what we’ve allowed, we just need more 1v1 ability to put people on the back foot more.

What is the correlation to higher league points / position? No idea, but it’ll be exciting and stands to reason like.

https://twitter.com/impect_official/status/1073197261126021121?s=21
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 22, 2018, 06:08:15 PM
Reply #693

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
fucking swoon central

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 22, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
Reply #694

TheTone

December 23, 2018, 11:34:57 PM
Reply #695

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Hoping we don't concede five or seven  like but some good results there.

Well 6 isn't 5 or 7 if we can hold on from here......

December 23, 2018, 11:39:24 PM
Reply #696

BlueBeagle

Is this the biggest dicking since the days of our annual pasting by Arsenal under Moyes?

December 23, 2018, 11:45:59 PM
Reply #697

Shogun

Administrator
Our next nine are against teams outside the top 6 so that’s something

December 23, 2018, 11:48:02 PM
Reply #698

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Our next nine are against teams outside the top 6 so that’s something

Watford.....Newcastle....
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 23, 2018, 11:48:13 PM
Reply #699

Gash

Global Moderator
I think someone said earlier in the season that at times, the way Silva sets up, occasionally we'll take some hidings. Well done whoever it was that said it, this has been a proper hiding.

December 23, 2018, 11:56:36 PM
Reply #700

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We've had a hard run of games but we've shown we are nowhere near the top six right now. The only good thing is we should get a run going soon with the upcoming games and comfortably finish top half.  It's the lower end of first season expectations under Silva but it's still what I thought

December 23, 2018, 11:59:38 PM
Reply #701

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Looking very Watford from last season at the moment.

Does he have the ability to change things effectively and stop the rot?

No evidence of that so far in his career but we need to see something soon, otherwise it’s another season wasted.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 24, 2018, 12:03:28 AM
Reply #702

hannu

and to think we might get a massive fine and sanctions over him

December 24, 2018, 12:07:49 AM
Reply #703

BlueBeagle

The title of this thread is almost as annoying as todays game

December 24, 2018, 12:08:18 AM
Reply #704

duncandisorderly

Poor today from Silva. Needed to set up how we have played against all the better sides, back 4 deeper and hit them on the counter which we've actually looked half decent at. Instead he went full Martinez, which you can't afford to do with the lack of midfield and pace of our back 4. Also worried about his inability to change and affect things during the match, the subs were just thrown on in hope of changing things.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk