September 17, 2019, 11:52:55 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 101854 times)

December 26, 2018, 04:09:19 AM
Reply #765

WeimaranerBlues

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when we go forward we usually have the full-backs as wingers, the wingers as inside forwards, and the #10 up with the striker, so a sort of 2-2-6. Bit mental innit.
. Too many Infront of the ball ,.  Need better runs off the ball ,. But even with that many forward quality of final ball especially crossing has been awful,.    Always notice we turn over possession after about 2 passes even when we have a throw in, no matter where we take it

December 26, 2018, 04:18:43 AM
Reply #766

sam of the south

Not looking forward to pumping balls into their fods for 90 mins but quality wise against the likes of them we should have enough over the course of the season to get a few wins.

Keep the faith mate, it’s not there yet but if it was it would have been a miracle. It’s ok to have doubts and grumbles, but DEFFO heading the right the way. What we need now is a few stable season and 2/3 good windows back to back.

A richarlison every summer and we’ll be flying.

You speak the truth, bro, Drunken Master style ;)

A Richarlison for three windows straight whilst keeping and developing the original Richarlison would be fucking mega 💥
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 26, 2018, 05:29:14 AM
Reply #767

Evertonian in NC

Ah, here might be the answer

I'd like to see this updated for Gomez, Mina/Zouma, and Digne.  It certainly illustrates clearly how Spurs overran our midfield, exploiting the gaps in our press.

And just seeing it explained analytically, reminds one just what a beautiful game football is.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 26, 2018, 11:59:44 AM
Reply #768

eyesalwaysblue

Well we've lost a place per game on average over the last 5 games, that needs to stop today Marco lad, aren't stats brilliant.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 26, 2018, 03:54:23 PM
Reply #769

Bluedylan

Does need to get a grip of things, before this spirals from a bad run into a nosedive. Big test over the next couple of weeks for the manager.

I’m a supporter of his but I won’t support him blindly/unconditionally.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 26, 2018, 04:20:37 PM
Reply #770

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Seems to be problems all over the pitch at the moment

The Pickford quick distribution thing isn't working at the moment. Feels to me that it means that the midfield are bypassed quite a bit and most times it just leads to us giving the ball away quite a bit. He seems very mistake prone at the moment. Needs a clean sheet badly, can probably do himself a favour by taking less risks at the moment, though I understand this is leaving out a big part of his game

I think we need to stick with a centre back pair so they can develop a partnership. Keane and Mina would be the logical 2 as we don't own Zouma

Coleman seems drastically out of form. Could be the after effects of his injury but he just doesn't seem the same player

Walcott needs to utilise his talents more. Before we signed him, the main thing I knew about Walcott is that he's a pacey fucker. We don't see him enough knocking it a few yards ahead of him and just blitzing his man for pace

Striker is a massive issue. Cenk seems like a write off. Niasse is clearly leaving in Jan, Richarlison up front isn't really working, but even on the left against Spurs he wasn't up to much. DCL still has lots to learn

Is it the system we are playing?do we need to change things up?

Since the derby we haven't had even a good 10minute spell in a match it seems
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 26, 2018, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #771

stirlingblue

I’d like to see Sig tried as the number 9, he’s done it in the past at Swansea I think.

He’s too good to leave out of the starting 11, but he handicaps whichever forward he plays behind by sitting on top of them and handicaps the midfield by sitting too far forward.

December 26, 2018, 08:41:25 PM
Reply #772

sam of the south

I’d like to see Sig tried as the number 9, he’s done it in the past at Swansea I think.

He’s too good to leave out of the starting 11, but he handicaps whichever forward he plays behind by sitting on top of them and handicaps the midfield by sitting too far forward.

I think he would be excellent up front

December 26, 2018, 08:46:47 PM
Reply #773

BlueForYou

Modern day Bobby Charlton, the Sig
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 27, 2018, 12:31:31 AM
Reply #774

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can’t argue with that pass for the fifth, more of that please!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 27, 2018, 12:38:12 AM
Reply #775

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’s the Man.

Showed today what an Everton team he can build.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 27, 2018, 12:55:43 AM
Reply #776

gizzblue

Got exactly what we all ( us the team and Silva ) all needed today   great response.
and showed we really do have a bow with more than one string .
Born not made a blue .

December 27, 2018, 01:27:50 AM
Reply #777

sam of the south

I hope Bernard is OK, he was great today.

I’d still like to see him as the #10, playing between the lines, with two of Gana, Sigurdsson, or Gomes behind him.

I reckon we might see three at the back more often after today’s result, though.

My favourite thing about the three at the back was that Sigurdsson was required to play deeper, and he seemed to be more involved because of it.

December 27, 2018, 01:32:38 AM
Reply #778

Bluedylan

Hilarious reading the pre-match thread and almost universal condemnation of the 3 at the back.

We’re all fucking clueless aren’t we?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 27, 2018, 01:34:37 AM
Reply #779

eyesalwaysblue

I hope Bernard is OK, he was great today.

I’d still like to see him as the #10, playing between the lines, with two of Gana, Sigurdsson, or Gomes behind him.

I reckon we might see three at the back more often after today’s result, though.

My favourite thing about the three at the back was that Sigurdsson was required to play deeper, and he seemed to be more involved because of it.
Loved Bernard today, growing in confidence and plays with a fuckin big smile.
I still despise Clive Thomas..