September 21, 2019, 04:25:46 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 104583 times)

January 03, 2019, 02:52:13 AM
Reply #975

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We have more than enough creativity in the team to replace Barkley imo, we have nothing to replace Lukaku and that's the big problem

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

What creativity are you talking about? We create less than Southampton.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2019, 02:52:33 AM
Reply #976

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I’m being nostalgic here man leave me be.

Left foot shots into the top bin. What a player.

Haha.

Yeah the driving forward and wellying it in was what he stopped doing and is still missing.

I do agree with the other stuff though.

January 03, 2019, 02:53:01 AM
Reply #977

sam of the south

We have more than enough creativity in the team to replace Barkley imo, we have nothing to replace Lukaku and that's the big problem

Yeah, to a certain extent.

I reckon Bernard could provide that ball carrying link that we need.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 03, 2019, 02:58:55 AM
Reply #978

Gash

Global Moderator
Who needs him when we have Andre Gomes who creates literally 5x fewer chances per 90 minutes.

I never mentioned Gomes but Barkley didn't do these mythical 30-40 yard drives or left footers into the top corner on a regular basis.

He's made his decision and gone so there's no point dreaming what might have been, although as the seasons tick by it's become unlikely he'll ever become the player people thought he would.

January 03, 2019, 03:00:28 AM
Reply #979

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Boss when he got webbed in salt dogs though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 03, 2019, 03:02:05 AM
Reply #980

Cereal Killer

Chelsea fans comments tonight:

Isn't Ross Barkley supposed to be a "creative" player in the midfield? Never see him make a clever pass to open defences! Why does David Luiz and Rudiger have to make the killer pass, if Barkley is supposed to the "creative one"

January 03, 2019, 03:02:11 AM
Reply #981

Waltzer

What creativity are you talking about? We create less than Southampton.
I think players like Bernard, Sig, Walcott, Richarlison and Gomes all have the capability to be much more creative, its been our achilles heel since Rom went, we haven't got anything up top to give any of them confidence. It reminds me of kids football, we've got a set of good players and some wank up top, it drags the others down as they don't want to pass to the wank as inevitably they'll fuck it up.
I don't think it's rocket science, if Sig etc thought there was a chance he could run off DCL/Niasse/Tosun and get the ball back or get put through on goal they would, the fact is they're probably thinking if they make the run they'll be out of position and exposed when they fuck up and lose it, so they don't.

January 03, 2019, 03:06:03 AM
Reply #982

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I never mentioned Gomes but Barkley didn't do these mythical 30-40 yard drives or left footers into the top corner on a regular basis.

He's made his decision and gone so there's no point dreaming what might have been, although as the seasons tick by it's become unlikely he'll ever become the player people thought he would.

Yeah I’m just being a knob sorry, I wouldn’t even want Barkley back, imagine his terrible positional discipline in that midfield. Like lashing petrol on a fire that.

We do miss some of the stuff he can do though, and it’s silly to suggest he didn’t or that we don’t. Open play chances, dribbling, generally wanting the ball in the midfield and wanting to make something happen, and yeah progressing the ball up the pitch by running.

I said the Gomes thing because the perception of him as a useless bastard with no end product vs the reality that he was a good player who didn’t reach his tremendous potential is so marked when you think of the impact Gomes has had on our team (and fans).
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2019, 03:10:32 AM
Reply #983

Evertonian in NC

Barkley burned WAY more bridges (to me) than Lukaku did.  If we want to daydream about shit that won't happen, I'd rather Rom back, thanks.

Don't think Ross has the mental agility to run what Marco wants.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 03, 2019, 03:11:58 AM
Reply #984

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think players like Bernard, Sig, Walcott, Richarlison and Gomes all have the capability to be much more creative, its been our achilles heel since Rom went, we haven't got anything up top to give any of them confidence. It reminds me of kids football, we've got a set of good players and some wank up top, it drags the others down as they don't want to pass to the wank as inevitably they'll fuck it up.
I don't think it's rocket science, if Sig etc thought there was a chance he could run off DCL/Niasse/Tosun and get the ball back or get put through on goal they would, the fact is they're probably thinking if they make the run they'll be out of position and exposed when they fuck up and lose it, so they don't.

Right i see. Well none of them besides Bernard has ever shown the ability to regularly create chances from open play at anything like a high level so it seems to be a dreadful coincidence that they can’t do it for Everton due to our strikers.

January 03, 2019, 03:20:30 AM
Reply #985

eyesalwaysblue

What strikers?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 03, 2019, 03:27:54 AM
Reply #986

Waltzer

Right i see. Well none of them besides Bernard has ever shown the ability to regularly create chances from open play at anything like a high level so it seems to be a dreadful coincidence that they can't do it for Everton due to our strikers.
It's different opinions I suppose, granted a few might be via set pieces, but Sigs stats are up there with big chances created and like you said Bernard also is creative. But I don't think it's a coincidence that they tail off at Everton and not just cause we don't have a striker, but also alluded to in a different conversation I think the atmosphere at Goodison and in general from us isn't conducive to creating a good and positive environment for players to thrive

January 03, 2019, 03:38:32 AM
Reply #987

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I’m just being a knob sorry, I wouldn’t even want Barkley back, imagine his terrible positional discipline in that midfield. Like lashing petrol on a fire that.

We do miss some of the stuff he can do though, and it’s silly to suggest he didn’t or that we don’t. Open play chances, dribbling, generally wanting the ball in the midfield and wanting to make something happen, and yeah progressing the ball up the pitch by running.

I said the Gomes thing because the perception of him as a useless bastard with no end product vs the reality that he was a good player who didn’t reach his tremendous potential is so marked when you think of the impact Gomes has had on our team (and fans).

Of course Barkley was playing as one of the front 3 in 16/17, especially Jan to Apr period (with Davies often the further forward CM/10).

January 03, 2019, 05:40:00 PM
Reply #988

Tinga

What playbook?

January 03, 2019, 05:44:01 PM
Reply #989

Thomas

For me he needs to bin off that front 3 formation.

I know its old school and possibly denialism but I'd love to see 442 or 2 forwards up top.

He needs to make subs earlier and find a player to replace Gana who does more than just tackle and block passes. Our fans make Gana sound like Roy Keane. He's ok for where we are but if we want to get better....

Also Silva could rotate the team more. Too rigid with selections and picks the wrong games to rotate.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.