September 22, 2019, 03:37:17 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 105959 times)

Picko1975, NickNack, 74Blue and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 21, 2019, 05:27:11 PM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

Hanging on too long is what we did with Moyes, Martinez and Koeman imo.

I'd agree, but this is some next level impatience.

January 23, 2019, 06:22:28 PM
Reply #16

Jamokachi

Don’t think anyone has suggested we sack him. We are in a very difficult position in that we really need some stability but at the same time he’s doing very little to show he’s the right man.

Way too many glaring mistakes in the teams he picks for me. Get rid of Keane and play Mina. Get rid of sigurdsson and play Bernard in his position. Play richarlison in Bernard’s instead of upfront where he’s poor and completely wasted. Play a striker up front. I’d be happy for Gomes to be dropped too. For Davies or McCarthy. Least have the basics of a little fight then.

The midfield he’s currently playing is horrendous. Then we don’t play a forward either. It’s vile shite

1. There are plenty.

2. You say those changes with such authority that I must presume you'r a manager of a highly successful football club.

January 23, 2019, 06:27:51 PM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

Don’t really buy this needs his own players stuff. Plenty of managers come in and do better. Plenty of managers don’t have the luxury of Bernard richarlison digne, Mina, Gomes and zouma How many more of his own players does he need. Most on here seem to quite like Pickford. Most seem to rate lookman. Obviously it’s not the perfect situation for silva in terms of having his own players but when is it ever for a manager.
He should be doing better. Of course if we give him more time and drop another 120 million on a striker, playmaker and a right back he probably will do better but with that spend should come  added expectations and he’s already falling short of the expectations we had

Obviously not having a decent striker is a large problem but Walsh and koeman carried the blame for that last season so silva should at least in part this season

You know, you really do epitomise the "I want everything now" generation we live in. Get a fucking grasp on reality lad, it'll serve you well in the long run.

January 23, 2019, 06:32:54 PM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

I've honestly never encountered a cunt more condescending than you are on any forum I've ever browsed lolol

You should always proof read.

January 23, 2019, 06:34:09 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

I'm also not sad enough to spend the time I am on here trying to antagonise people like a little minge.

Hmmm

January 23, 2019, 06:36:31 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Interesting how some people felt they needed to respond to the BD post.

I could’ve guessed all of them.

Top angler is BD.

January 23, 2019, 06:58:56 PM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

It wasn't with the intention of fishing tbh.

It just annoys me that people post negative things over and over again, on thread after thread, about the manager, with very little balance or perspective, and then you say 'so you want him out?' basically, and all the people saying those things for some reason can't handle that comment, and lurch into massively defensive over-reaction, and brainless personal abuse in some instances.

As Ram says, you could've guessed where the replies and the likes would come from.

I know/ And I agree, people should have some conviction to their opinions. Easy to hide behind the "I don't want him out but it's not good enough" stance though.

He get's fired; "knew he wasn't up to the job".

Turns things around; "I said we should give him time".

It's almost scripted.

January 23, 2019, 07:04:56 PM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

Plenty of what?

I’m not actually defensive about anything really. Said we should employ him and he’s been crap. I don’t want him out cos we can’t afford to start again again. Not because he’s done much right. I responded because he was referring to me. Why wouldn’t I respond. As for the negativity. We are pretty shit. Given that the positivity is a little more odd. Still we did try harder against the top 6 (1 point)

Do you ever tire of being so miserable and downbeat?

Plenty of people calling for him to go. The Everton fan base extends beyond NSNO.

Has he been crap? I'd say mediocre is a better description. We're mid table. Neither terrible nor great. We've had some good games and some bad. We've been through a ridiculous amount of changes on and off the pitch that it's expected. Continuity is what we need, not knee jerk reactions. Write off your expectations and just live with it, for the time being.

Or, carry on with the snide comments and being a misery arse. Why change the habit of a lifetime after all?

January 23, 2019, 07:11:17 PM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

We have to give him time. More in hope than expectation though. I’m happy to say I think he’s the wrong appointment. Be much happier to be proven wrong.
Also after Martinez koeman allardyce and silva I’ve very little confidence on the next appointment being good so there’s not a great upside to sacking him.

I think people are pretty clear in what they are thinking and saying. It’s others putting words in their mouths

All you do is moan though lad. Honestly, it's all you ever post. Why is that? Why do you draw on all the negatives to make a point? Why is it that you have to reference negatives when making a point?

You say you want Silva to succeed but in the same breath state that you think he's the wrong person for the job.

It's utterly exhausting to continually read this negative narrative. I shudder to think what it must be like for you writing it.

January 23, 2019, 07:13:10 PM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

I bet being called a minge tickled you, though

I'll tickle your minge.

January 23, 2019, 07:15:38 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

January 23, 2019, 07:18:05 PM
Reply #26

Jamokachi

January 27, 2019, 01:58:30 AM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

I honestly think, despite the new signings, that at the core of the team we're mentally weak. Ever since the derby you can see the confidence has just evaporated from the entire squad. There's a nucleus of players at this club that don't have fight in them, and it runs like poison through the rest. Silva's biggest task (and Brands to a degree) is to weed out these 'losers' and instil a winning mentality, and confidence in ability.

January 27, 2019, 05:52:33 AM
Reply #28

Jamokachi

Most of the players playing every week are new to the club over the past 18 months.

given time.

Hence my saying the nucleus of the squad. Of the club even. It's in our DNA at this point. Changing that is a huge task.

Precisely

January 27, 2019, 05:56:52 AM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

Which ones do you reckon are the ‘losers’?

Players like Bernard, Digne, and Richarlison are winners, or at least potential winners in my opinion.

The old regime in all honesty.