September 19, 2019, 05:21:07 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 103929 times)

August 12, 2018, 04:36:10 PM
Read 103929 times

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Nonsensical clap trap?

You speak for the majority!

He does on this occasion, you rhyming loon.

August 12, 2018, 11:08:18 PM
Reply #1

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not having that Coleman shout. Defensively, I thought he was superb yesterday. It was the first game of the season, I'll forgive him for that pass.

Walcott will get better as he gets games in - I don't think he played much during pre-season? However I just don't think he'll string enough games together because he's made out of glass, so I can see what you're saying.

November 19, 2018, 04:19:00 AM
Reply #2

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Saw this posted earlier about the season so far.

Despite all the improvements compared to last year, the stats across the season as a whole suggest that we’re very much middle of the pack if you look at expected goals for and against.

It’s nice to have a good feeling around here again but we’ve still a ways to go yet.

I'm not massively acquainted with XG so I might be massively off with this post.

From my point of view, teams will score goals every season that wouldn't normally be 'expected'. They may also save certain goals through unexpected amazing defending. Not always the case for us, but you know what I mean.

These should still be accounted for in any statistical model. Perhaps XG does account for them and I just don't know the details. Or maybe that's the actual league table, which accounts for that scenario.

Either way, Silva has given the team confidence, which has resulted in play and attempts on goal that may be recorded against expectations. These may not have been attempted by the players under previous regimes.

January 21, 2019, 01:58:05 PM
Reply #3

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Had my doubts about Silva from the start.

He didnt inspire me and nor did his record with Hull and Watford.

Another reason is his nationality. On holidays there I found the Portuguse are a strange lot and can be quite sullen.  They seem to take things very badly when they dont go well.

And for football examples, look at Ronaldo or Mourinho. Absolutely great while things are going their way, but very sulky and moody when they arent.

I believe Everton would really thrive better with a British manager.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Wow.

Have you really just stereotyped an entire nationality based on your small sample of anecdotal bullshit?

And then you advocate a British manager, so based on your own logic Neil Warnock's British. Big Fat Sam is British. Therefore, British people are corrupt xenophobes, so with a squad of overseas players, we shouldn't really appoint a British manager.