October 16, 2019, 06:32:35 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126048 times)

December 27, 2018, 01:32:38 AM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

Hilarious reading the pre-match thread and almost universal condemnation of the 3 at the back.

We’re all fucking clueless aren’t we?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 28, 2018, 10:29:43 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Sounds like Brandsy has got the chequebook firmly shut this Jan. avoids mistakes I suppose, sometimes the smartest thing you can do is nothing!

I do worry about getting 7th tho tbh. Leicester with two huge results back to back, West Ham have had their best ever points from a prem month despite losing almost all their good players, and wolves and Watford continue to look decent!

Assuming no further investment, how confident do we feel?

Is that Leicester who wanted to sack Puel a week ago? Nah, not remotely worried about them. City and Chelsea were both pretty poor against them. A normal City and Chelsea batter them. Same with West Ham. They've had some lovely fixtures recently. Wolves and Watford won't even enter the conversation imo.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

December 30, 2018, 07:03:06 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

Still pretty certain that we'll finish 7th like.

Our fanbase is so short-term and neurotic, than any single defeat is met with derision and massive criticism of the team and the manager. I find our fans more dispiriting than the team or the manager, a lot of the time.

December 30, 2018, 07:04:50 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

Quite delusional as well I think, our fans.

To think we'll finish 7th? Only 2 points off that position.

December 30, 2018, 07:16:10 PM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

Think he means that those who expected us to finish much higher than 7th are delusional.

It's a little dig at me, because I'm very confident we'll finish above Leicester, Bournemouth etc.

January 01, 2019, 12:38:01 AM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

Bang out three wins at home against Leicester, Lincoln and Bournemouth and everyone will be buzzing, and we'll move beyond a rough December.

January 02, 2019, 08:38:15 PM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

January 02, 2019, 08:54:03 PM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

Christ is that true. The same points as this time last season? Koeman and unsworn were both disasters and allardyce was the least popular of the 3. Silva is managing to match them with all that supposed extra quality added to the squad

Also the striker thing is a real issue for me. Koeman and/or Walsh took a lot of blame for not signing a forward last season. Silva clearly doesn’t rate any of our forwards yet we tried even less to sign 1 this season.

I know it's been remarked on before, but it is a bit mad how you've popped back up at the low point in the season. Massively coincidental, I'm sure.

January 02, 2019, 08:58:36 PM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Yeah, he should just concentrate on announcing Fekir..

He's well informed and good at getting info, no doubt. But I'm not interested in the analysis of Everton by any Liverpool fan, in a professional capacity or otherwise.

January 02, 2019, 09:16:24 PM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

Not even find this a little interesting “likely to be subject of Premier League sanctions”?

We're Everton. We were born with Premier League sanctions.

January 07, 2019, 07:16:12 PM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

People love to say things like 'this season is about transition' and 'he needs a few transfer windows to build his team', but then when it actually comes to the cold, hard business of doing just that and giving the manager time, without pressure, they can't do it.

They're hyper-analysing and hyper-criticising every performance, and talking about him 'being under pressure' or credit 'wearing out' throughout the season.

One of the worst things about the social media society is that obsessiveness and inability to have patience.

January 07, 2019, 07:35:33 PM
Reply #56

Bluedylan

Guardiola has pedigree though. We all knew he was a great manager. That buys you time. Silva might not be. He might be the wrong choice. There’s only so much time you can give when you’re not sure you’re on the right track

Also people (don’t think it was you) talking of clear progress are for me delusional. The sides we’ve beaten this season are all rubbish apart from Leicester who had 10 men. We’ve had a handful of good performances and so far worse results.

Invest some more time into your burgeoning relationship.

January 07, 2019, 08:07:24 PM
Reply #57

Bluedylan

The vultures can fuck off. They're more of a problem than the manager.

January 07, 2019, 08:23:49 PM
Reply #58

Bluedylan

But they’re not going to fuck off though are they? Every club has them. So like @brap2 says, there has to be a compromise between where he maybe wants to get to and where he finds himself at any one time.

It’s the pressures of modern day football with what’s at stake and you have to adapt accordingly.

My point is, let's not let the vultures become the majority voice at the club. Let's call them out when they're being short-termist, reactionary knobheads.

January 07, 2019, 08:27:41 PM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

I mean, I agree sure but that’s not real life is it?

It’s also perfectly understandable that your regular common and garden fan is frustrated as well - this attitude of like question it then you’re a knob is just as unhelpful I think.

To be honest I think it’s just how you’re taking your own frustrations out.

I've not said 'question it and you're a knob' though, have I? I'm saying people trot out the cliches about giving something time and letting a manager build something, but it only takes one defeat for that to immediately go out of the window. It's empty and empty-headed.