August 20, 2019, 08:40:22 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 93902 times)

January 27, 2019, 11:02:16 PM
Reply #45

Dr. Sponge

Technically but it's hardly ambitious decisive passing. He just squared it. Richarlison had a shitty shot and the keeper completely missed it with his arms. He's not really overly ambitious or creative. Him and sigurdsson are a horrible combination

Nope. He passed it forward into Richarlison who was in the hole. I’m not being pedantic, but people are just saying things for the sake of it and it’s doin my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 29, 2019, 01:59:34 AM
Reply #46

Dr. Sponge

The chemistry isn’t right in he middle, that’s for sure. We’re not a unit and we’re not often cutting through teams.

So it goes to the fullback that’s in an advanced position, which is OK when it’s Digne but Coleman is weak as piss going forward these days.

We haven’t got a centre forward who holds it up brilliantly or works the channels.

So we’re handicapped with our only major threat coming from the left, or Sigurdson coming finding space on the edge of the area.

Silva needs to find a threat from somewhere else, we’re too predictable at the moment.

February 08, 2019, 08:17:29 PM
Reply #47

Dr. Sponge

100% needs to acknowledge he or his coaches are shite at defensive set-piece tactics and bring in an expert.

April 08, 2019, 07:07:13 PM
Reply #48

Dr. Sponge

I felt confident defending set-pieces yesterday, mainly down to the leap Kurt Zouma has. Not human.

We played a lot of long balls yesterday too, which worked very well. Arsenal didn’t have an answer for it.

April 28, 2019, 12:26:30 AM
Reply #49

Dr. Sponge

Listening to radio phone ins last couple of weeks 606/talksport -  presenters were asking what has happened at everton why are we winning more games..........they could not come up with an answer
I thinks its fairly obvious surely - we get the ball up to the last third very quickly now - pickford now nine times out of ten will go more direct - passes the ball to sig/ dcl straightaway - rather than pass the ball sideways from the back
its a more direct way of playing and gets results and we are creating chances immediately rather than offering a slow build up from the back and petering out to nothing or having to start again
quicker pace and more movement in last third of the pitch......would you agree?

Yeah we’re definitely more direct, it suits us with DCL. As brap says though, we need an additional plan for the lesser teams next season, because they’re more equipped to deal with the direct plays.

May 06, 2019, 04:18:19 AM
Reply #50

Dr. Sponge

I don't consider allardyce's time here as a tenure of management, someone was just keeping the engine ticking over so it didn't seize up entirely.

That entire situation was ridiculous and it all came from Steve Walsh. One of Moshiri’s worst decisions.

June 20, 2019, 02:16:42 AM
Reply #51

Dr. Sponge

Hate this title...
I hate it myself, its hung around like a bad smell for nearly a year. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app