October 14, 2019, 06:26:02 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125263 times)

August 12, 2018, 06:58:11 PM
Read 125263 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Agree entirely.

When all our squad are firing, my ideal would be this 18 (if Lookman stays and grabs his opportunity, all the new boys settle and blossom, and Walcott becomes the good version of Michael Owen)

Pickford
           Coleman Mina Zouma Digne
                  Gomes Schneiderlin
                          Bernard
            Lookman Walcott Richarlison

Stekelenburg, Holgate, Baines, Gana, Davies, Tosun, Niasse

I'd have Sig in there ahead of Davies.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 12, 2018, 07:15:27 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I did ponder.

I just don’t fully believe in him.

He hides from the ball a lot, which Davies never does.

Davies is capable of a throughball, haven’t seen Sigurdsson do that.

Sigurdsson is also really slow when he’s contesting lose balls, whereas Davies is good in those situations.

Sigurdsson has quality on the ball and can be a great finisher, but it seems very few and far between, and his set pieces are very hit and miss, and if Bernard and Digne step up they are more than capable of taking over those duties.

I do confess that the fee does make me expect more of him, but even if he was £20m I still think I wouldn’t be that impressed by him.

I hear you. But he's a much better player than Davies.

We did overpay. Still, he'll make Richarlison look an even bigger bargain :)

Hoping Bernard does the business. Can't wait to see him in full flow.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 12, 2018, 08:24:18 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No way will Coleman be out the team

I think he's talking in terms of going through the team and upgrading the next weakest area.

For me, Schneiderlin and Gana followed by Tuson would be the next upgrade. Then you'd probably have to look at Coleman and Walcott afterwards.

August 13, 2018, 01:50:43 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm looking forward to the day where we need an upgrade on Richarlison :)

August 13, 2018, 02:25:24 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
With Baines on his way out, it'll leave a bit of a tear. He was never my favorite player, but a player who always gives his best and he is of course class.

Perhaps it's sad because it's the end of the generation of players that really epitomised the club in themid 2000s up and it should have won something.

It's also unreal that Coleman is approaching the last of the summer wine regarding his career as well.

Very happy that we seem to potentially have that squad togetherness again with the new boys coming in. After last season, it's clear that character is as vital as ability.

August 29, 2018, 06:54:45 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I've always rated Lloris and prefer him to De Gea, but De Gea is the better keeper.

Pickford is great for us, but I don't fully trust him yet. I always feel whatever team he plays for, he'll concede a goal.

August 29, 2018, 05:14:40 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He’s won more challenges in the final third of the pitch than any other player in the league this season. Says a bit about his graft.

September 15, 2019, 11:15:44 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We've all known Coleman, Keane, Schneiderlin and Sig aren't what we need for a long time. The fact they're all still here and even all on the pitch at the same time either disproves the great job Brands has done so far or questions the managers selection and tactics. Or both. It's open for discussion anyway.
Keane? He was fantastic for us last season.

We did need center back cover that was for sure. Coleman is certainly at the end which is a shame and I’ve never felt great about Sig. schneiderlin was great at the start of his career with us but gone downhill a lot.

I’d agree with the exception of Keane.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 16, 2019, 08:10:52 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool fans obviously. Not having that anyone is that firm on "Silva out' at the minute
Why would they want him out though?

September 16, 2019, 11:08:00 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What I meant . Was that I can’t imagine that anyone would be ‘Silva out’ enough to go and graffiti our own stadium. If they really are though it’s possibly one of the biggest knee jerks Iv seen. And it also makes you a gobshite

Edit: just to clarify. You as in you who defaced our stadium. Not you blarg haha.

ahah I knew what you meant. I was just kidding. Redshite fans would be delighted we have Silva. I know I would be if I was one.

September 17, 2019, 04:43:17 AM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We need to keep doing what we’re doing. I think Brands has done very well in the space of a year and it was never something that could be done in such a short space of time.

The next league up of manager of the likes of Emery and Arsenal fans don’t seem to be too excited by him so far.

Getting rid of Silva is a mistake at present. We need to play the long term game and that might mean another season or so of averageness. Sacking the manager so often is what has been killing us of late.

September 17, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sacking managers isn’t the problem. The problem has been employing inept managers who then needed sacking

Who can we expect to get who would do the job? We wanted Emery, but he's struggling at Arsenal even.

I think we were hoping Silva would be another Pocc. Right place at the right time. Who knows, may still get there.

October 07, 2019, 06:13:30 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There have been lots of small insignificant things that have worked against us at the start that all add up - some of which are Silva's fault, and some a failure elsewhere:

- Richarlison off form after no pre-season coming back from Copa America.
- Failing to sign Zouma's replacement, and Keane/Mina subsequently struggling
- Injuries to both Gomes and Gbamin, forcing us to play Schneiderlin, who is utterly toothless. Delph has been OK, but has been forced to do all of the creative work and cover for Morgan too many times.
- Moise Kean has failed to hit the ground running. Chopping and changing between him and DCL has given neither any sort of run in the team or form, causing our finishing to suffer
- Bernard has been inexplicably left out of the team after striking a very nice partnership with Digne. Iwobi hasn't had a consistent role, and hasn't struck any meaningful partnership with any other player.
- Jury continues to be out on Siggy, who is wildly inconsistent and gets marked out of the game too often. He doesn't seem to know how to overcome this, which is why it is baffling to most why he hasn't been dropped.
- Our passing has been very poor and the build up play slow because of this. Our movement has become very static, which suits teams which sit back against us
- Overall finishing has been woeful. We are creating chances, but failure to put them in the net at crucial points of games has hurt us

There is no doubt that the manager has made a few major mistakes, and ultimately the responsibility does fall on him to get things right. But the players are the ones out there that need to create and score goals, and they need to take their fair share of flack. At the moment, they are both letting us down.

For me, when Richarlison was moved out from the left, he began struggling. He was so good early last season cutting in from the left and scoring. That threat is totally negated on the right and with Sig not scoring either this season, that's both our top scorers from last season not scoring this.