November 21, 2018, 06:33:59 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 23269 times)

August 12, 2018, 02:28:00 PM
Read 23269 times

Jamokachi

Noticed Schneiderlin in between the two centre halves a lot. Similar to what Barry did under Martinez.

Thought Big Mo had a good game, and I'm really pleased about that. Hope he has a big season with us.

August 12, 2018, 03:03:53 PM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

It’s just still the issue of him with Gueye.

Along with neither of them really passing forward with any regularity they don’t seem to have a natural understanding defensively.

Yep. I think you mentioned earlier, I fear for Gueye as I think Schneiderlin better suits how Silva wants to play, and is far better on the ball with a greater passing range. Against lesser sides I don't think we need Gueye 'the destroyer', but that's not to say he won't have a big part to play this season. 

August 12, 2018, 03:07:00 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

Yes he ran around a lot more but I kept an eye on him and nearly every pass is very McCarthy-esque. Before he received the ball he's always got one eye on the next backwards or sideways easy pass instead of picking his head up to see if a more progressive ball is on to catch the opposition out or capitalise on a bit of space. Which then leaves Gana to be the one to start an attack, which clearly isn't his strong point.

It's like he's got all the tools but doesn't want to use them and instead opts to play within himself. Frustrating player.

I think there's still the case of confidence here, and the better he plays the more adventurous he'll become.

August 12, 2018, 04:28:58 PM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

Yoda man, Marco!

That's code blue, Sam of the South!

You Brighton belle, you

Have you ever thought about engaging in discussion on this forum, or do you solely see it as an opportunity to blurt out nonsensical clap-trap?!

August 12, 2018, 04:49:42 PM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

Nonsensical clap trap?

You speak for the majority!

See? I mean; what the fuck mate?

August 12, 2018, 05:01:03 PM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

Ditto - it's a comedy soap opera and you're part of it!

The NSNO Show

No, it's a forum where people come together to have discussions. Perhaps you missed that. Have you given Twitter a go?

August 12, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

Hardly discussions in most cases, Jamokachi - slagging off, more like

It really isn't. There's plenty of proper discussion that goes on. You should try it.

August 13, 2018, 04:24:27 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Imo Silva and Brands looks very aware of age + wage.

The likes of Gylfi, Walcott, yes even Coleman, are going to have to keep a certain level of performance up. Just ask Bolasie.

In fairness though, Bolasie is awful.

I do agree with your point though. We always have to be considering "who next". And that player should always be an upgrade if we are to improve.

August 29, 2018, 09:52:14 AM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

Lloris is not the 'keeper he was. Many mistakes last season, and look at the WC Final for a prime example of issues with his concentration levels these days. De Gea and Ederson are the league's top two, no doubt. Jury is out on Kepa and Allison for the time being, though they are top 'keepers no doubt. Pickford falls into the top 3 at the moment for me.

Pissing myself at Fabianski being named in the top 5 there. Fuck off lolol

August 29, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

Out of interest how have you come to that conclusion ref pickford being the 3rd best in the league ? I've got to be honest and say that a couple of great games in the world cup aside, he's been very up and down imo and I don't feel totally confident in him at times.

I'm not basing that on the World Cup. I'm basing it on watching him a lot for Sunderland, watching him all of last season, and the World Cup.

August 29, 2018, 03:29:49 PM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

Best Keeper in the world is easily between, De Gea, Lloris and Courtois (how has no one mentioned him yet btw?)

Because we were talking about Premier League 'keepers?

November 12, 2018, 01:46:59 PM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

No idea what he was doing heading back infield instead of bearing down on the corner flag with 60 seconds left on the clock.

Trying to win. Something we've been demanding, in vein, for years.

November 12, 2018, 01:50:04 PM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

He was on his own against three defenders. It was immaturity but thankfully it didn’t cost us.

I know, kind of nice to see we were still going for it though.

November 12, 2018, 02:27:19 PM
Reply #13

Jamokachi

Gomes is. Barca spent the entire summer trying to flog him.