September 23, 2019, 08:29:26 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 107343 times)

IUToffee and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 22, 2018, 05:10:16 PM
Read 107343 times

Thornton_19

I'll be more worried about Tosun if he hasn't bagged 2 or 3 by the 7th game, we've got such a good run of fixtures that if he can't score against those teams it'll be a huge red flag.

On Kenny he should have been loaned out and maybe will be if we can get another younger RB cover for next season, it's not like with strikers and midfielders where if you're winning 2-0 you can bring them on, you never really want to make an RB sub unless there is an injury.

The loan to Blackpool did Coleman a world of good and putting on some weight and a full season at a decent club could make him step up a level.
I wouldnt worry about Tosuns output at the moment. He seems to be taking a backseat role in our strike force to allow Walcott and Richarlison to flourish.
As the team gets more comfortable with all their roles i imagine he will start taking more risks up top rather than just holding the ball up well, as he has been for the opening 2 games.

August 23, 2018, 03:24:58 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

https://twitter.com/usmanov1878/status/1031961974018658304?s=21

Tom Davies running the show deep in the second half.

Watch our pressing when we lose the ball, and the runs in behind.

We actually look quite good here.

silvaball imminent?..
Its so far removed from last season it brings a tear to the eye.

August 29, 2018, 04:21:08 AM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

I really dont rate Lloris but Pickford is clearly behind De Gea, Alisson and Ederson for me.

August 29, 2018, 03:17:35 PM
Reply #3

Thornton_19

Best Keeper in the world is easily between, De Gea, Lloris and Courtois (how has no one mentioned him yet btw?)
If we are doing the world, not including Oblak is a sin ofnthe highest order here.

November 07, 2018, 05:54:03 AM
Reply #4

Thornton_19

How far do we think we are off challenging for the top 4 ? And where do we need to strengthen to make it happen ?
Honesty a striker and a stronger mentality in big games.

December 07, 2018, 12:49:23 AM
Reply #5

Thornton_19

Walcott over lookman for me all day.

Still struggling to see what lookman gives to this side at the moment.

Looks totally not arsed and takes up strange positions.
He drifts off the flank too much. He left Coleman alone to mich with noone to pass to. Which eventually meant Sigurddson drifted out there and we had nobody at all in the middle of the park.

The passing game we play needs width and pace. Lookman sort of negates that. Think he does offer a lot  but in games like last night he isnt the right option.

January 21, 2019, 06:23:25 PM
Reply #6

Thornton_19

Had my doubts about Silva from the start.

He didnt inspire me and nor did his record with Hull and Watford.

Another reason is his nationality. On holidays there I found the Portuguse are a strange lot and can be quite sullen.  They seem to take things very badly when they dont go well.

And for football examples, look at Ronaldo or Mourinho. Absolutely great while things are going their way, but very sulky and moody when they arent.

I believe Everton would really thrive better with a British manager.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Everton 'Big Brexit' Mint

January 21, 2019, 06:30:38 PM
Reply #7

Thornton_19

He should be here until next December unless we lose 10 on the bounce or something.

Our club is in a terrible state because of those that preceded him. We have 10 or so players that are on high wages, dont play and nobody wants to buy off us. So we cant buy the players we need to give ourselves a good squad to rotate when players are out of form.

People keep saying drop Gomes and Sigurddson, but genuinely for who? The much maligned Tom Davies? One loose pass and all the Da's want his head. Who replaces Sigurdsson productivity, we have no one else. Fundamentally Silva is suffering because of the failings of previous regimes.

We are in bad form yes, but destroying everything to start again will just see us doing this every 6-12 months forever. Silva has to be given another summer. We all just have to accept it.

February 08, 2019, 06:33:20 PM
Reply #8

Thornton_19

I'm here for all of the Davies love.

I'll throw in a mention for the good work he does closing down the opposition and scrapping for 50/50 balls, as well.
He also moaned at the referee loads. Which is something our team needs a lot more of.

May 06, 2019, 04:37:41 PM
Reply #9

Thornton_19

Koeman had the luxury of Lukaku. As soon as he lost him we saw how shit a manager he was.

June 16, 2019, 04:49:54 PM
Reply #10

Thornton_19

I like Gomes!

His assist was great. His goal was even better.
But think how handsome he looks while contributing very little offensive output?