October 19, 2018, 06:41:09 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 15563 times)

August 23, 2018, 05:24:49 AM
Reply #135

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This.

It’s difficult to see what kind of player Davies would turn out to be, he has talent but it’s hard to put a label on him. I thought he was really good as the deep DM in possession, maybe this is what he’ll be eventually.

Echo quoting him today saying silva is telling him to bomb on and play box to box.

I think that might be a bit different with Schneiderlin out, he’ll have to balance it a bit I imagine as he looks to be doing in the above clip. Sometimes winning it on the half way line, sometimes recycling posession, sometimes trying to slide people into the final third.

Really, really encouraging. I guess we’ve been waiting to see who gets used the way Silva used Doucore / Will Hughes - thought Gomes was potentially going to be the Doucore, but will be really interesting seeing what he gets out of Gana, Davies, Dowell.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 23, 2018, 06:02:40 AM
Reply #136

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Care to share? 😊

Actually haven’t read this but it looks cool

https://twitter.com/eduardvschmidt/status/1030480229733724160?s=21

See this guy doing in depth stuff all the time. Tend to only read or watch if it looks consumable e.g video or gif

https://twitter.com/tenllado7/status/996780279493689344?s=21
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 23, 2018, 01:19:46 PM
Reply #137

stirlingblue

I thought the average positions graph from the Southampton game was interesting.

Coleman staying relatively deep and Walcott playing very centrally as we were making most attacks down the left hand side

August 23, 2018, 02:22:03 PM
Reply #138

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/usmanov1878/status/1031961974018658304?s=21

Tom Davies running the show deep in the second half.

Watch our pressing when we lose the ball, and the runs in behind.

We actually look quite good here.

silvaball imminent?..

God, it's genuinely hard to describe how much i loved that clip. Speed, penetration and intelligence for an extended period of time? Superb.

I never bought into the easy argument the media posited against Allardyce "Evertonians like a certain brand of football". We dont, not really - or, not more than everybody else when it comes down to it.

But fuck me, besides a goal-scoring centre half, i think i get my rocks off most by a pair of rottweilers in the middle of the park, hunting and destroying all in their path. Then having the ability to spray accurate balls all over the fucking place, balls that make the rest of the team automatically face and move towards the opposition goal.

August 23, 2018, 02:22:12 PM
Reply #139

Hawkandro

Echo quoting him today saying silva is telling him to bomb on and play box to box.

I think that might be a bit different with Schneiderlin out, he’ll have to balance it a bit I imagine as he looks to be doing in the above clip. Sometimes winning it on the half way line, sometimes recycling posession, sometimes trying to slide people into the final third.

Really, really encouraging. I guess we’ve been waiting to see who gets used the way Silva used Doucore / Will Hughes - thought Gomes was potentially going to be the Doucore, but will be really interesting seeing what he gets out of Gana, Davies, Dowell.

I think Davies has it in him to be a box to box midfielder. In his debut season, he was always looking for the killer pass, and he made a few of them too. Think the kid will be great, we just need to nurture him.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 23, 2018, 02:37:23 PM
Reply #140

Lxxx

He looks like he’s just instructing players to make things happen, whereas previously they passed the buck and hoped at some point someone would do something. It’s great and refreshing to see.

August 23, 2018, 03:43:15 PM
Reply #141

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I thought the average positions graph from the Southampton game was interesting.

Coleman staying relatively deep and Walcott playing very centrally as we were making most attacks down the left hand side

Thats going to be skewed a little by Richarlison and Walcott swapping positions a couple of times so registering touches on both sides of the pitch and therefore pulling the average position more central?
My momma says I'm special.

August 23, 2018, 05:19:44 PM
Reply #142

stirlingblue

Thats going to be skewed a little by Richarlison and Walcott swapping positions a couple of times so registering touches on both sides of the pitch and therefore pulling the average position more central?

True, although in theory that should effect both of them and Walcott is much more central than Richarlison in the graphic

August 23, 2018, 05:22:23 PM
Reply #143

stirlingblue

https://twitter.com/usmanov1878/status/1031961974018658304?s=21

Tom Davies running the show deep in the second half.

Watch our pressing when we lose the ball, and the runs in behind.

We actually look quite good here.

silvaball imminent?..

The weight of pass on the Davies through ball to Coleman at the beginning isn’t something that I though he had in his locker

August 23, 2018, 07:40:55 PM
Reply #144

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The weight of pass on the Davies through ball to Coleman at the beginning isn’t something that I though he had in his locker

Coleman vs Palace away
Lukaku home vs Southampton
Lukaku home vs City

Good examples of this.

August 23, 2018, 07:44:54 PM
Reply #145

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman vs Palace away
Lukaku home vs City

Good examples of this.

When he first come through those little slid balls (one or two were first timers as well I think?) were the most exciting part of his game for me. But his impact on build up totally faded last year, probably because there literally wasn’t any build up to be done as we were the longest long ball team on the league.

Really, really excited to see if he can kick on this year.

P.s walcott’s ball to DCL in that clip is just as good - and both are examples of getting into that last bit of half space and driving a low ball across the box!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:47:24 PM by brap2 »

August 23, 2018, 08:04:19 PM
Reply #146

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mention for how good Gana is in that clip and how good he’s been in general so far. 

August 23, 2018, 08:07:20 PM
Reply #147

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mention for how good Gana is in that clip and how good he’s been in general so far. 

Yep give him that one

August 23, 2018, 08:34:49 PM
Reply #148

Bluedylan

Silva giving massive praise to Gylfi in his presser there. Was asked about his performance last week and said 'fantastic' before elaborating.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 23, 2018, 08:55:43 PM
Reply #149

Toddacelli

Coleman vs Palace away
Lukaku home vs City

Good examples of this.

Dunno if it's one of the above, but the first touch pass he made when he had to adjust his body shape and weighted it perfectly - that was the best thing I've seen him do 💙

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates