September 19, 2019, 01:11:57 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 103844 times)

August 19, 2018, 09:27:06 PM
Read 103844 times

Toddacelli

He's going to hurt me like Martinez did isn't he the bastard.

Yep.

And you're going to love it - right up until the moment you don't any more.

And we all will too.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 23, 2018, 04:15:09 AM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

There’s a few good accounts on twitter that post good possession based attacking and small side coaching drills.

Care to share? 😊

August 23, 2018, 08:55:43 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

Coleman vs Palace away
Lukaku home vs Southampton
Lukaku home vs City

Good examples of this.

Dunno if it's one of the above, but the first touch pass he made when he had to adjust his body shape and weighted it perfectly - that was the best thing I've seen him do 💙

August 28, 2018, 09:30:24 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Ya gotta give him at least a season (2 windows) surely?

The rot has been set deep in recent times.

We're just interested in how the new manager is going to pan out and what sort of team he's going to build so we're looking for clues at the mo and discussing what the final picture could look like.

I don't think anyone on here is not ready to give him time, just mentioning one or two things from his past we should maybe be aware of - more to see if he improves that with us, rather than to use as a stick to beat him with.

It's been a roller-coaster couple of first weeks and it will take a long while to settle - especially when you see the quality on the bench at the moment - we know they are not just here to make up the numbers, but each one will need time to settle in with various combinations of teammates and tactics.

On the whole, I'm very positive and I expect us to be a bit of a surprise this season for some.

November 21, 2018, 11:56:22 AM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

May 06, 2019, 03:05:39 AM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

Koeman got 61 points and 7th in his first year after taking over from Martinez's absolute shiteshow.

I don't like the big fat pat butcher swede and his footy is basically allardyce with an accent but it's too early to say that silva is any kind of upgrade.

Regardless of how comparable the seasons were, there is also the fact that with Allardyce he was probably at, or close to, his ceiling.

With Brands and Silva, we are probably at, or close to, the beginning.

Worlds apart.

May 06, 2019, 01:43:38 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

I don't consider allardyce's time here as a tenure of management, someone was just keeping the engine ticking over so it didn't seize up entirely.

Makes perfect sense to apply the greasiest manager you can find in this situation.

September 16, 2019, 01:32:06 AM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

I don’t rate Keane at all. Think it’s very rare he doesn’t look like he’s going to make a mistake. He’s a very average centre half who lacks confidence.

Don't think he's all that bad. Always preferred Tarkowski although I've not actually seen many of his games tbf