September 17, 2019, 07:14:23 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 101692 times)

Kev0312 and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 19, 2018, 08:00:20 PM
Read 101692 times

Paddockoldie

I'm pleased and confident we're heading in the right direction when our manager brings a striker on for another when we were 2:1 up. Allardyce would never contemplate that. I think we have a good team off the pitch who know where they are taking us and a manager who will deliver the football we want to see.

August 27, 2018, 03:52:56 PM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

I'm pleased we're actually scoring and attacking again. As for our shaky defence? We've got a nearly complete back line waiting t come in... Patience Blues. We will improve given time.

October 30, 2018, 01:43:12 AM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

We're getting better and if anyone can't see it you don't want to. Finding the right attack formation is a work in progress and we might need to buy but defence wise, spirit and team cohesion we're definitely improving.

November 05, 2018, 01:31:34 AM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

So we just gave him the extra year of his contract as a bonus then?

Or should that be an added bonus on top of his £2m bonus for recusing us from 11th that is.

He was a major panic buy so had us by the short and curlies. I think that's why he kept saying things like "planning for next season" as a way of winding the fans up and letting Moshiri know that was the deal and to break it he wants paying out. Utter twat and a stain on this club for sure. Better times ahead is all I can focus on now.

November 06, 2018, 12:16:55 AM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

I don't think I could have managed another season with that prick in charge... Hated his narcissistic manner.

January 20, 2019, 01:44:08 AM
Reply #5

Paddockoldie

It seems to getting worse as well which makes leaving him there more and more peculiar.

If it was improving or showing signs of improvement you’d be okay and see it as a short term loss for long term gain but this is just looking like sheer pigheadedness.

I'll keep my powder dry until he mentions phenomenonal. I'd plat DCL in centre and Richarlison on the left. Rest Siggy and put Bernard in the 10...at least as an option.

January 20, 2019, 06:46:28 PM
Reply #6

Paddockoldie

I believe we have expectations above our abilities at times. We wanted a billionaire and got one... CL here we come. We got Koeman... Good Times coming.
There's nothing wrong with ambition but it takes time and lots of money today... The result last week was hailed as a great half time talk by Silva... This week he's shit, clueless and not taking us forward. Over expectation is our downfall.

January 27, 2019, 11:56:21 PM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

I wonder if managerial arrogance is linked to the fact you'll still get millions for being sacked. I hope Silva can take on board other views and I'd be surprised if Marcel doesn't say something if it doesn't change.

March 05, 2019, 01:54:49 PM
Reply #8

Paddockoldie

One touch to many

I think that's what he does. At this level it's split second decisions that make the difference. His control is amazing and he will improve and that's really positive.

March 06, 2019, 02:05:59 AM
Reply #9

Paddockoldie

C'mon now, we all know he is shanking that wide and falling on his arse if he gets around big Virgil

Ooh, you dream sponge.

March 12, 2019, 08:33:43 PM
Reply #10

Paddockoldie

Sensible.

Nice to know that the club is behind our young forwards.

It'll be interesting to see how we deal with our young midfielders too. Davies, Vlasic, and Dowell are all worth investing minutes in.

I'd love Vlasic to make it as he's quality but is he Russia league or Prem that's the rub. He's done well there but that's why we bought him. I'm not sure Dowell will make it with us at least.