August 04, 2020, 03:34:54 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 182818 times)

October 17, 2019, 02:20:36 AM
Reply #165

sam of the south

Bears out in why we see as well.

Keane v long balls is alright, but against movement or a standing dead ball he's shocking.

Schneiderlin Delph and Gomes literally cannot handle someone running at them as they're all running in quick sand and bad 1 v 1.

Thought the Gueye stuff in the statsbomb article was interesting as well. The sheer amount of tackles and interceptions he made patched up the whole middle of the pitch, and regardless of who we put in it just won't fill that hole.

Yeah, agreed.

Before you edited your post you ended it with ‘bhr’, so I looked it up on urban dictionary, but I’m not sure it’s what you were trying to say..

TOP DEFINITION
BHR
Butt Hole Rippers
Spread your ass so I can do a BHR butt HOLE RIPPERS cocaine rip ass high blow snort sex bum line
by Meg8380 January 07, 2018
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 17, 2019, 02:44:48 AM
Reply #166

sam of the south

We were blessed with Jags who was fast as fuck, a good stopper and a good last line defender. Could barely kick a ball but yknow. Give him that one.

Apart from his injury-time howitzer against Liverpool.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 27, 2019, 01:06:46 AM
Reply #167

sam of the south

Football would be dead to me if I didn’t love Everton so much.
Henry David Thoreau

October 27, 2019, 03:53:50 AM
Reply #168

sam of the south

Moribund

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Mr Philip Parsons from ‘behind’ The Times.
Henry David Thoreau

October 27, 2019, 07:30:18 PM
Reply #169

sam of the south

Maybe this is the hangover talking, but I could possibly see him taking us down.
Henry David Thoreau

October 28, 2019, 04:01:31 PM
Reply #170

sam of the south

I hate this bit, where it's abundantly obvious to everyone that the incumbent manager isn't going to be the right one, but we're stuck with him until we have a specific combination of bad results to justify giving him the bullet.

It's like breaking up with someone, and still having to live in the same house for another few months.

Yeah, and during the limbo period they still look attractive once in a while (West Ham team selection) and you sleep with them again, but this just complicate things, because she still hates your friends, and complains when they come to the house, and yet she insists on inviting her negative old bag of a mother over all the time (Bringing Sigurdsson back into the 10 and shifting Wobes out wide to accomodate him)
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 05:37:29 AM
Reply #171

sam of the south

You had the 433 everyone moaned for today. It works in a defensive sense but as Iv said before we don’t have the attacking players for it. Don’t have the box to box midfielders you need and the wingers aren’t good enough for it. Iwobi our best player potentially at the minute turns into one of our worst when you play him anywhere other than the 10.

Feel sorry for silva. We’ve lost the spine of our team in transfer windows and bad luck with injuries on top of that he can’t catch a break.

He should’ve carried on playing Wobes in the 10, then, which would’ve linked Walcott more, then had Richarlison in his best position on the left, and DCL, Tosun, or Kean as the CF.
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 06:30:37 PM
Reply #172

sam of the south

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want us to go full Klopp, but we’ve accepted far too much jizz up our backs with a “thank you”.

I’m all for dignity, grace, and class, but we shouldn’t be so passive in the light of Niasse, Brighton, Alli, and Gomes. All this publicity over Coleman consoling Son in their dressing room is too saccharine. Get the team at the hospital with Gomes, talk about looking after him and getting him back on his feet, and get in the press and kick up a fuss about these VAR decisions and non-decisions.
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 06:59:02 PM
Reply #173

sam of the south

It's not just that though is it...remember:
The 4 second rule...goalies will be penalised for holding onto the ball longer than 4 seconds...FIRST to be done Big Neville about 10 games into the season...
The goalie handling outside the box rule: and TBH I've totally forgotten our reserve keepers name who came on as sub and got sent off for "nearly handling" the ball outside the area after about 10 mins of being on the pitch...
The getting sent off for simulation rule: Niasse...say no more..
Now VAR: first team to have a pen awarded against them using VAR....

There's probably more but cant be arsed with it..

I know lets start a petition......OH HANG ON!!!

Yeah, I remember the Southall one clear as day.

I think the reserve keeper was Westerveld.
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 07:09:53 PM
Reply #174

sam of the south

They've made a terrible rod for their backs though by stating the severity of the injury is what prompted the sending off.

Gomes can't control his trajectory because son has sent him flying, he has endangered him whether people like it or not, and he's also done it on purpose.

But saying the severity of injury caused it is a terrible idea.

Yeah, clubs will be employing acting coaches from now on.
Henry David Thoreau

November 04, 2019, 09:54:44 PM
Reply #175

sam of the south

The thing that really gets to me about VAR is that they are hiding behind the intangibles of human error and incompetence to exonerate themselves from blame.

It’s the same as the political arena; “Oh Theresa May is incompetent, Boris is a bumbling eccentric, VAR is open to interpretation.”

It’s a cop out.

It stops a mass examination of the possibility of calculated distraction and sleight of hand (pardon the pun)
Henry David Thoreau

November 13, 2019, 05:00:02 AM
Reply #176

sam of the south

Yep. Twice this season the opposition manager has said they didn’t deserve the win when they beat us and if we lost that spurs game it would’ve been unjust.

I can’t recall a win silva has had during his time here where I’ve come away thinking we got away with one there, but so many other times thinking how have we lost that game.

Hopefully we see these stats come to fruition in the next couple of months.

Just need to focus on our home games in December. We should be looking at 12 points from Norwich, Chelsea, Arsenal and Burnley. Get to the end of the year in the top half, Gbamin and Bernard ready to come back, cheeky little delve into the market and things could still come good.

Fully aware it could go completely the other way though, but we’re not a team that takes bummings under silva.

Also, a bit of fucking luck would be nice.

He’s gotta be playing Wobes and Bernard (when fit) in every game, with at least one of them central.
Henry David Thoreau

November 13, 2019, 05:26:41 AM
Reply #177

sam of the south

Ermmm don't think you got away with Wobes there loke like

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Haha  ;D As nicknames go it’s a pretty nice one, though, don’t you think, Bally?
Henry David Thoreau

November 13, 2019, 06:52:53 AM
Reply #178

sam of the south

Who are we talking about, the Wobester? Lexi Wobes? Iwobinho?

*orders hearse*
Henry David Thoreau

November 13, 2019, 09:14:35 PM
Reply #179

sam of the south

It’s horrible. Makes him sound like he’s your bitch. Change it. Preferably to Iwobi. You know, his name.

That’s in your warped mind, sunbeam.

Henry David Thoreau