December 18, 2018, 05:41:43 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 30120 times)

August 29, 2018, 01:44:18 AM
Reply #210

Evertonian in NC

I mean, sure I could be wrong, but I see Pickford as absolutely world class.  Did so before the World Cup.  We are privileged to have him, and need to keep him against all offers.  He's special.

Only downside is he's always played in front of atrocious defenses.  Until, fingers crossed, this coming season (when we are healthy).  I'm hopeful even Zouma/Holgate will be quite positive for him, but Mina joining the fray will really make a difference.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 29, 2018, 01:46:59 AM
Reply #211

Evertonian in NC

I've also always hoped that Pickford can be our Lloris, in terms of allowing us to play very aggressive, attacking football.  Not that he has to be quite that good, as Lloris is amazing.

But to allow Everton to take the step forward as a progressive club, much like Spurs did.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 29, 2018, 02:36:55 AM
Reply #212

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just not a huge De Gea fan.  He's good, mind, but I don't think great.

Best keeper in the world surely
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 29, 2018, 02:59:40 AM
Reply #213

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I think Pickford's already the best keeper in the Prem not named Hugo Lloris.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:04:14 AM by Goaljira »
My momma says I'm special.

August 29, 2018, 04:17:05 AM
Reply #214

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Best keeper in the world surely

I don’t think there’s even a debate about it.

August 29, 2018, 04:21:08 AM
Reply #215

Thornton_19

I really dont rate Lloris but Pickford is clearly behind De Gea, Alisson and Ederson for me.

August 29, 2018, 04:52:57 AM
Reply #216

Martip

I really dont rate Lloris but Pickford is clearly behind De Gea, Alisson and Ederson for me.
Pickford has done no where near enough to even be close to these players.

August 29, 2018, 04:55:26 AM
Reply #217

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not entirely sure what Allison has done but de gea, ederson and loris have done plenty more
Simply simply lovely

August 29, 2018, 05:04:39 AM
Reply #218

Macca77

Not entirely sure what Allison has done but de gea, ederson and loris have done plenty more

This

Allison has done fuck all yet, well apart from chipping the ball over a Brighton players head

August 29, 2018, 05:52:19 AM
Reply #219

Evertonian in NC

Even though I disagree, I like it just because it shows how taste in keepers, like art or music, must be so much in the eye of the beholder.  :D

August 29, 2018, 06:54:45 AM
Reply #220

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I've always rated Lloris and prefer him to De Gea, but De Gea is the better keeper.

Pickford is great for us, but I don't fully trust him yet. I always feel whatever team he plays for, he'll concede a goal.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 29, 2018, 07:14:03 AM
Reply #221

Dr. Sponge

Did I just skim past a mad shout about De Gea not being very good?

August 29, 2018, 09:52:14 AM
Reply #222

Jamokachi

Lloris is not the 'keeper he was. Many mistakes last season, and look at the WC Final for a prime example of issues with his concentration levels these days. De Gea and Ederson are the league's top two, no doubt. Jury is out on Kepa and Allison for the time being, though they are top 'keepers no doubt. Pickford falls into the top 3 at the moment for me.

Pissing myself at Fabianski being named in the top 5 there. Fuck off lolol

August 29, 2018, 02:54:54 PM
Reply #223

Martip

Lloris is not the 'keeper he was. Many mistakes last season, and look at the WC Final for a prime example of issues with his concentration levels these days. De Gea and Ederson are the league's top two, no doubt. Jury is out on Kepa and Allison for the time being, though they are top 'keepers no doubt. Pickford falls into the top 3 at the moment for me.

Pissing myself at Fabianski being named in the top 5 there. Fuck off lolol
Out of interest how have you come to that conclusion ref pickford being the 3rd best in the league ? I've got to be honest and say that a couple of great games in the world cup aside, he's been very up and down imo and I don't feel totally confident in him at times.

August 29, 2018, 02:58:50 PM
Reply #224

Liam

Administrator
Best Keeper in the world is easily between, De Gea, Lloris and Courtois (how has no one mentioned him yet btw?)