November 20, 2018, 09:32:18 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 22891 times)

August 29, 2018, 03:01:35 PM
Reply #225

Cereal Killer

Best Keeper in the world is easily between, De Gea, Lloris and Courtois (how has no one mentioned him yet btw?)

Because he doesn't play in the Prem anymore?

August 29, 2018, 03:17:35 PM
Reply #226

Thornton_19

Best Keeper in the world is easily between, De Gea, Lloris and Courtois (how has no one mentioned him yet btw?)
If we are doing the world, not including Oblak is a sin ofnthe highest order here.

August 29, 2018, 03:20:46 PM
Reply #227

Macca77

Allison is the greatest keeper in the entire history of football, an absolute bargain at 66 million quid

August 29, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
Reply #228

Jamokachi

Out of interest how have you come to that conclusion ref pickford being the 3rd best in the league ? I've got to be honest and say that a couple of great games in the world cup aside, he's been very up and down imo and I don't feel totally confident in him at times.

I'm not basing that on the World Cup. I'm basing it on watching him a lot for Sunderland, watching him all of last season, and the World Cup.

August 29, 2018, 03:29:49 PM
Reply #229

Jamokachi

Because we were talking about Premier League 'keepers?

August 29, 2018, 04:29:59 PM
Reply #230

Lxxx

Not worried by Tosun at this time. If he's a 1-in-3 striker at this level, then mathematically there's about a 50% chance that he'll have one stretch of at least 6 matches without scoring.

I don’t think he’ll be a nailed on 1 in 3 in this setup. I think our main threat will come down the flanks and arriving from deep, the striker will be tasked with doing the lions share of the graft to make the space for others. He’ll notch but not as many as we think he will and in my opinion a striker who is pacier and more mobile will be better suited to scoring from open play.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:32:58 PM by Lxxx »

August 29, 2018, 04:59:48 PM
Reply #231

Martip

I'm not basing that on the World Cup. I'm basing it on watching him a lot for Sunderland, watching him all of last season, and the World Cup.
This is the thing I don't think he was THAT good for us last year. He was decent but looked like he a mistake in him.

August 29, 2018, 05:14:40 PM
Reply #232

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He’s won more challenges in the final third of the pitch than any other player in the league this season. Says a bit about his graft.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 29, 2018, 05:49:44 PM
Reply #233

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You can't put Pickford in the best in the world argument. Best British keeper for sure but there aren't many great ones. Needs to be consistent for longer to get in the best conversion

August 30, 2018, 03:18:46 PM
Reply #234

Martip

You know what Silva has done a great job so far. Decent performances, good transfers and happy rejuvinated players.

But even better than that the passion feels like it's back and we seem to have a way of playing that the players will grow into rather than just trying to wing it.

There will be bumps in the road but happy so far.

August 30, 2018, 05:47:37 PM
Reply #235

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Was Zouma doing most of the switching of play first half or was it just me?

Dowell and Davies both comfortable doing it but we’re pushed up the pitch, with Zouma rotating it between digne and Kenny.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 30, 2018, 05:55:13 PM
Reply #236

Bluedylan

Was Zouma doing most of the switching of play first half or was it just me?

Dowell and Davies both comfortable doing it but we’re pushed up the pitch, with Zouma rotating it between digne and Kenny.

I noticed he was fizzing the ball particularly into Digne's feet repeatedly, and Digne was killing it with his first touch every time.

It's a noticeable step up on Jags, underhitting and bobbling a 10 yard pass behind the full back or winding up the long diagonal to sail over the wide players head into the 3rd row of the stand.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 30, 2018, 06:01:29 PM
Reply #237

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I have to admit, the spooning it and then falling on his arse within 5 minutes of the game starting filled me with dread.

But he grew into the game andi'd be more than happy if we bought him next summer. He still has a lot to learn, but is a bit of a kid and has all the tools needed to learn it.

September 03, 2018, 06:08:52 PM
Reply #238

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If anyone has any non negative tactics takes on our mate silva this morning I could do with them thanks x
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 06:17:31 PM
Reply #239

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If anyone has any non negative tactics takes on our mate silva this morning I could do with them thanks x

You flapped already lad. Four games in.

I had November for you in the sweepstakes.