November 14, 2018, 09:08:39 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 21646 times)

September 17, 2018, 01:57:57 AM
Reply #270

Lxxx

What happens if Silva goes?

Do we start to look at the root cause?

Do we look at the culture at the club? Do we look at the man doing the hiring? Do we look at the constants in the backroom staff?

Or do we just lash money at another manager and sack them after 18 months?

We need to give Silva more than 6 games ffs but he needs to show he's worth that chance. Let's leave the hatchetts in the cupboard under the stairs for now though yeah?

I think everyone would agree with that but we want to see some improvement pretty sharpish.

He’s got three aces up his sleeve in Richarlison, Mina and Bernard so he won’t be panicking just yet. However he needs them all firing quickly to stop Goodison turning toxic again. 

September 17, 2018, 02:19:18 AM
Reply #271

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t think we lose without 5/5 choice cb playing

CM/ Bernard workings out is big issue too.

Out of curiosity, what are 1, 2, 3 and 4/5?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 02:31:51 AM
Reply #272

Shogun

Administrator
I do think Gylfi is causing issues, not him personally but feel like we'd be a better team with someone like Davies in there and more of a 4-3-3.

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Mina Digne
Davies Schneiderlin Gana
Walcott Tosun Richarlison

And over the next couple of windows we need to sort that midfield three out because I'm not sure any of them are up to it.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 17, 2018, 02:44:26 AM
Reply #273

arteta4spain

I do think Gylfi is causing issues, not him personally but feel like we'd be a better team with someone like Davies in there and more of a 4-3-3.

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Mina Digne
Davies Schneiderlin Gana
Walcott Tosun Richarlison

And over the next couple of windows we need to sort that midfield three out because I'm not sure any of them are up to it.
Not seen any of the game but it seems that Sigurdsson is a square peg in a round hole at the moment. I think once we have our first xi it’ll start to work but I think we’re not looking beyond that. I know that we haven’t got a lot of options right now or the actual numbers to do it’s an when everyone is fit. It feels like there’s no plan b.
I wasn’t sold on Silva tbh and he gives me a touch of the Martinez’s. You can roll your eyes but we do need to give him time 2 seasons max. This is a transitional period right now and Silva may and right now is encountering some problems if he can start to iron them out during the season we’ll be fine. Only time will tell.
Jury is still out on him but he’s got enough to time to get it right.

September 17, 2018, 02:52:21 AM
Reply #274

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It’s actually quite difficult to watch Gylfi in this side. Pointing at his feet while marked by 2 defenders for 90 minutes doing his best Davy Klaassen impression.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 03:02:02 AM
Reply #275

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Out of curiosity, what are 1, 2, 3 and 4/5?

Order is open to interpretation but Mina, Zouma, Keane, Jags.

Last two games have had nascent periods of momentum punctured by a basic ball up to the CF who, when on our right side, has had a very easy hold up and switch to someone else, nearly every time.

It’s been made worse by Holgate being left in no man’s land and not being deeper in a set formation either.

September 17, 2018, 03:04:31 AM
Reply #276

Martip

That was woeful today it really was and was a throwback to the depths of early last season. On a plus point id never sat in the top balcony before and really enjoyed it other than the performance.

September 17, 2018, 03:11:17 AM
Reply #277

indiantoffee1975

Need to stick with Silva even if it means ending up in the bottom 6 this season. Hopefully it won't be that. He needs atleast three transfers windows to get his own players in. We have to give a manager a chance.

September 17, 2018, 03:16:03 AM
Reply #278

BlueForYou

Until January:

1)Pickford

2)Coleman
4)Zouma
5)Mina
3)Digne

7)Gomes
6)Gana
10)Sigurdsson
8)Bernard

9)Richarlison
11)Walcott
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2018, 03:36:32 AM
Reply #279

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Play 4-3–3, drop Morgan, and if Sigurdsson doesn’t fit into that system then so be it.

He has to start being brave with his selections.

The team today resembled the mess of last season but there was plenty of options to do something different.

September 17, 2018, 04:10:04 AM
Reply #280

BlueForYou

4-3-3?

1)Pickford

2)Coleman
4)Zouma
5)Mina
3)Digne

7)Gomes
6)Gana
10)Sigurdsson

8)Bernard
9)Richarlison
11)Walcott

How's that?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2018, 04:10:46 AM
Reply #281

Lxxx

He’s played it too safe so far this season. Sig is never a No 10 and at home he should be a No 8 so we at least have more of an attacking threat.

Watching that defensive midfield pairing at home 18 months after everyone saw it doesn’t work was painful. We’ll get our customary arses handed to us at the Emirates by about three goals next week and we’ll be back to averaging around 2 goals conceded again per game.

We’ve seen this before for the past few years, if heads start to go the crowd start to turn and it becomes a sorry state of affairs.

I hope he has a plan that doesn’t just consist of get the three South American lads in the team and everything will be fine.

September 17, 2018, 04:13:34 AM
Reply #282

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We’re watching the exact same thing.

Slightly better in the final third pinging balls off one another with better 1v1 players in Walcott and Richarlison but other than that, it’s the exact same shite.

I wouldn’t have said Holgate - Zouma was a dreadful combo and I wouldnt expect them to be but yeah @GLewis the last 2 forwards have handled them very, very easily. Especially compared to Tosun who’s had very short change out of his opposition.

I think unfortunately he should drop one of Gana, Morgan or Gylfi - play a passing midfielder and get one of Gana or Morgan to do one full job rather than two half-assed jobs, or pull Gylfi and get a real second striker in.

January cannot come soon enough.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:22:51 AM by brap2 »

September 17, 2018, 04:31:12 AM
Reply #283

Heisenberg

4-3-3?

1)Pickford

2)Coleman
4)Zouma
5)Mina
3)Digne

7)Gomes
6)Gana
10)Sigurdsson

8)Bernard
9)Richarlison
11)Walcott

How's that?

This is what I want to see

September 17, 2018, 05:02:49 AM
Reply #284

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I’d rather see DCL given a run upfront before moving Richarlison there.

Maybe play him just off the front man with Bernard and Walcott wide?