November 18, 2018, 03:05:59 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 21942 times)

September 17, 2018, 06:02:32 PM
Reply #315

Cereal Killer

Generation now

Want everything instantly, massive tantrums when they don't get it

We aren't the first team to bring in a new manager, a bunch of new players, and not click straight away, and we won't be the last, on top of the fact we've had a long injury list, which most people are ignoring

6 games in, fucking cranks

September 17, 2018, 06:22:40 PM
Reply #316

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Generation now

Want everything instantly, massive tantrums when they don't get it

We aren't the first team to bring in a new manager, a bunch of new players, and not click straight away, and we won't be the last, on top of the fact we've had a long injury list, which most people are ignoring

6 games in, fucking cranks

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong.

You’re seeing this as a knee jerk reaction to the first 5 games. It isn’t. Or it shouldn’t be anyway. Like I say, anyone surprised by that on Sunday hasn’t been paying attention.

He’s playing the hand he’s been dealt. Don’t think I’m 100% on exactly what he’s trying to do, but tbh you’d have to say looking at the summer - another chance missed.

We will be absolutely sound this year and come about 6th - 9th again, because we’ll have enough going forward that when people have bad games against us we can make enough happen.

But in terms of moving forward as a club, massive, massive opportunities wasted last couple of years and we’re still staring at blatantly obvious issues that we’ve been moaning about for what feels like a few years now.

Maybe Mina solves some, maybe Gomes solves some. Not sure either of them do, but obviously got my fingers crossed on both.

In the meantime silva shouldn’t be anywhere near getting sacked because we haven’t got anywhere near seeing his football I don’t think?

And clearly after 4 managers and identical performances it is clear that simply chopping and changing the man in the dug out isn’t the answer. We need to answer some of the questions surrounding our squad.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 06:24:47 PM
Reply #317

KoemansNumberTens

Ffs there is only 33 games left quick get fat Sam back .....sarcasm!

New manager first loss in six and peoples heads falling off already despite the absolute shite we all know we still have in the squad .

Great site lads ....even better supporters .

We’d be bottom with no points under allardyce wouldn’t we

September 17, 2018, 06:27:10 PM
Reply #318

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’d be bottom with no points under allardyce wouldn’t we

Mate, get to absolute fuck with the Allardyce stuff.

He had his chance here and blew it playing for draws against inferior opposition.

Bet you couldn't wait for things to start going wrong so you can mention his largeness you biff. 

September 17, 2018, 06:31:46 PM
Reply #319

Lxxx

Are you suggesting we shouldn’t give him time here?

Of course we should. One thing he will get is time, regardless of how we’re doing.

September 17, 2018, 06:39:41 PM
Reply #320

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Of course we should. One thing he will get is time, regardless of how we’re doing.

That's how it should be. Unless things completely go fucked, we have to take these results as part of a learning curve for the manager and give him time to mould the team into one that can play how he wants to play.

I'm hoping we start to see him bin off the old guard like Tosun, Morgan, Sigurdsson, and show some faith in players like Bernard, Dowell, DCL (up front), as well as changing the system to the 433 he likes to play.

He's fell into the trap of coming into a new team, playing 4-2-3-1, keeping the same players from last season and it just doesn't suit the way he wants to play.

Be brave, stand by your convictions and allow yourself to be judged for who you really are. Instead of this pale imitation of a manager we've seen for the last two games churning out the same old shite we've seen for the last three years.

September 17, 2018, 06:40:26 PM
Reply #321

cantoffee

Think almost no matter what we should be giving Silva the season at least. We've changed managers over and over with no result, we need to give him time to settle in and the squad as well.

Cant imagine we'll finish anywhere but 7th to 10th and that's fine for the first season as long as we see progress an identity of some sort.

Lots of work for him to do, it has been a poor start but not helped by 2 red cards and a quite frankly ridiculous amount of injuries for the start of the season. No excuse for not getting more out of the last two games but he has plenty of time and people need to chill.

September 17, 2018, 06:53:51 PM
Reply #322

kramer0

Things can only get so much better until we fix the midfield. Which we can’t really do with the players in the squad.

I’d play Davies and Dowell every week. Not because they’re good but because they actually have a chance of improving, unlike the more senior players who are just going to continue to be their crap selves.

September 17, 2018, 06:58:28 PM
Reply #323

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Things can only get so much better until we fix the midfield. Which we can’t really do with the players in the squad.

I’d play Davies and Dowell every week. Not because they’re good but because they actually have a chance of improving, unlike the more senior players who are just going to continue to be their crap selves.

I would 100% back this.

I guess put Gana in the 6 and just say if you leg about like a mad man we’re going to haul you off.

Same goes for Gylfi - try him in CM and say get the ball off Gana every time he wins it, or I’m going to haul you off the pitch the first time you hide. If he can’t do that then there isn’t a place for him and we should hope someone in China wants to buy him.

Literally nothing will change until we fix the midfield, it’s like watching the same side with *maybe* some better combinations when we manage to finally get it up into the final third.

We have a genuine problem when it comes to this kind of ball progression, and I guess we’re all hoping for Gomes to turn around the last few years of his career but I’m not banking on it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2018, 07:08:00 PM
Reply #324

Lxxx

That's how it should be. Unless things completely go fucked, we have to take these results as part of a learning curve for the manager and give him time to mould the team into one that can play how he wants to play.

I'm hoping we start to see him bin off the old guard like Tosun, Morgan, Sigurdsson, and show some faith in players like Bernard, Dowell, DCL (up front), as well as changing the system to the 433 he likes to play.

He's fell into the trap of coming into a new team, playing 4-2-3-1, keeping the same players from last season and it just doesn't suit the way he wants to play.

Be brave, stand by your convictions and allow yourself to be judged for who you really are. Instead of this pale imitation of a manager we've seen for the last two games churning out the same old shite we've seen for the last three years.

Yeh I'd agree with that, as things stand there's been no real difference from this season to last. My comment about time is that time itself won't solve anything unless you're implementing something different.

The gurning tramp across the park was getting slated in his first season for losing to lesser teams at home as they hadn't worked out how to break them down and were getting punished for conceding sloppily , but you could see they were progressing in the bigger picture. Granted it's only 6 games in and he'll get time but he'll not get a great deal of patience at Goodison if he continues with the same old tired system and performances.

September 17, 2018, 07:57:49 PM
Reply #325

KoemansNumberTens

He had his chance here and blew it playing for draws against inferior opposition.

Bet you couldn't wait for things to start going wrong so you can mention his largeness you biff. 

Its not a defence of allardyce. I’m merely taking the piss out of the folk who came on here after poor results and insisted they were much better than the last manager would have got

The person I quoted claimed we’d definitely would have lost to Huddersfield under him. A game he actually won last season

September 17, 2018, 08:03:55 PM
Reply #326

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Its not a defence of allardyce. I’m merely taking the piss out of the folk who came on here after poor results and insisted they were much better than the last manager would have got

The person I quoted claimed we’d definitely would have lost to Huddersfield under him. A game he actually won last season

We going to get this from you everytime we have a poor result?

September 17, 2018, 08:35:43 PM
Reply #327

KoemansNumberTens

It’s not about our shit results it’s about the pretence this has been better. The last 3 performances have been dreadful. All I’m saying is people shouldn’t rewrite history and pretend this has been so far any better. It’s actually been worse

September 17, 2018, 08:37:48 PM
Reply #328

KoemansNumberTens

But no you’re absolutely not. Well unless every shit result is excused with we would have done worse last season/ we finished 8th last season/ the new manager should be judged against that

September 17, 2018, 08:45:36 PM
Reply #329

gizzblue

Fuck off making posts I agree with will you.  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .