October 17, 2019, 05:51:00 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126625 times)

September 17, 2018, 06:40:26 PM
Read 126625 times

cantoffee

Think almost no matter what we should be giving Silva the season at least. We've changed managers over and over with no result, we need to give him time to settle in and the squad as well.

Cant imagine we'll finish anywhere but 7th to 10th and that's fine for the first season as long as we see progress an identity of some sort.

Lots of work for him to do, it has been a poor start but not helped by 2 red cards and a quite frankly ridiculous amount of injuries for the start of the season. No excuse for not getting more out of the last two games but he has plenty of time and people need to chill.

October 03, 2018, 08:48:33 AM
Reply #1

cantoffee

Fiorentina used to play a 3-4-2-1 formation with Bernadeschi at right back and got a lot of success out of it.

I wonder if we could do the same to get Bernard more centrally in the pitch without pushing Sigurdsson out on the wing?

Not that it's going to happen like.

Pickford
Zouma Keane Mina
Richarlison Gana Davies Digne
Sigurdsson Bernard
Walcott
Bruh...

You must be on something. Richarlison is staying where he should - at the top end of the pitch.

November 04, 2018, 08:01:28 PM
Reply #2

cantoffee

I am a critic but I'd say I'm definitely conflicted on Sig. In the form of his life at the moment and if we are going to play a number 10 then there's few players you'd take over him, even less in this form.

I think my issue is (beyond money and contract size and the purchase in general) that I'm not sure he was ever quite right for us. The problem I think we had and still have a bit is making clear chances when we have the ball in play and for the money we could have found someone younger who does that better.

I also think a number 10 is a bit old fashioned maybe, and that 3 in the middle could help us control games better. Plus silva has generally played with 3 in the middle I think although cleverly was like an advanced CM with two box to box players either side of him.

I dunno, it's a hard one.
We created plenty yesterday though but were very wasteful. On another day we'd have scored 5.

Sig has been excellent this year and I can't see how he could be dropped. He brings an x factor with his ability to score from distance and set piece delivery.

He seems to create one good chance a game which isnt great but probably good enough when combined with his pressing and work to win the ball high up the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G950W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 13, 2019, 11:04:33 PM
Reply #3

cantoffee

Big fan of his.

All the physical tools to make it and seems to have at least some of the technical ability.

Better finishing and getting into better positions would do him a world of good.

Will probably score close to double figures this year which is a good return for 21 year old who doesnt start regularly.

Sent from my SM-G950W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app